Spirit weapons suggestion

Aza.2105

I like it. If the bow is moved to the healing slot I would expect its healing power to be boosted though. If using the spirit weapons doesnt catch on with players over the next few weeks/months I could see either or both suggestions to make them more attractive. Even with charges and shorter cooldowns I still find them to be a little lackluster compared to other alternatives.

I wish they considered completing the core skill sets.

For spirit weapons, the healing skill would be "Mace of Compassion", bow of truth would remove conditions and deal damage to enemies instead healing, and the elite could be a "Staff of Command" that has a long cooldown but a strong one time effect.

To reduce the impact of adding more skills, it could be done one at a time per profesion, or all at once before the next expansion is released.

As for returning the stun break to the shield, that would likely mean increasing the skill cooldown to make it a long one like the hammer, or even longer. It would not be as useful then. Maybe the stun break could be on the elite, be an AoE party stun break, having the Staff of Command give a burst of boons that readies a party damage burst.

I believe Anet really wants guardian players to use spirit weapons. But I feel that are a few things holding them back from being viable. They are however "slightly" better than they were originally. Here is what I'd change:

• Make the cast range of each weapon consistent. I think shield is 1200 range, hammer is 900 range, I have no idea the range of the sword. But it makes spacing awkward since you might be in range for one weapon but out of range for the other.

• Move bow of truth to the healing slot. Right now it directly competes with avenger shield. For the most part avenger shield is superior in every way. Bow of truth has always been weak. Further more bow doesn't even put enemies on fire like the other weapons do. Healing scaling should be greatly increased and it should also remove conditions. Three to five conditions would be ideal. I know most might think that is too much, but we live in a post vanilla gw2 world. Conditions are overly abundant so if it removed only one condition then it would be useless. Just like how signet of resolves passive is now useless.

• Avenger shield should be a stun breaker again.

• Hammer should be able to hit more targets.

• Spirit weapons activation times should be changed from 1/2 to 1/4. The 1/2 activation time makes them feel very clunky.

Each utility should always do the following: A way to remove stun and conditions. If they do not do this then they become useless in the big picture. No one runs signets for example because condition removal is absent. I can't really count signet of resolve.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Why 1/4 casting time? They should be instant casts. There's still enough animation delay until they actually do something.

Usually imstant cast means they could be used when CCed. Not saying that this would make them overpowered or anything. 1/4 sec is nonbrainer.

More importantly the ammo recharge need to be reduced.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Why 1/4 casting time? They should be instant casts. There's still enough animation delay until they actually do something.

Tgey should just work like weaponskills indipendent of guard. So make them instant and indipendend of the guards condition.So tgey ignore stun although not breaking it. I mean they are indipendend ghosts commanded by the guards mind.

Archived