"Boost vikend" - 60+ queue, no thanks.

Arioch.4810

Often it looks and feels like Anet's team that handles quality of the game has found the way to hit rock bottom...and then they grab shovels to demonstrate that's merely temporary :pensive:This was supposed to be promotion for "double experience in World vs. World" - double the experience, triple the frustration sounds more like it.

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:1) If what you want is Wxp, there's EoTM.2) You can always move to low pop worlds, you can't really complain about Queues in a T1 world. (even if you didn't bandwagon there previously)3) It's not like being queued prevents you from doing other stuff.

I enjoy WvW and play it ,lets say, ~2 hours most nights. It's not about the exp...Moving to low population world kinda defeats the purpose of WvW, i hope we agree on that?Doing other stuff...well., let's see: if i start a PvP match, i must not abandon it, right (not even sure it's possible to queue for WvW form Pvp, never tried it). If i join some meta event train, i run the risk of being forced to leave (transfer to WvW) and give up on rewards for progress in said meta event... if i work on some personal story episodes on my "side" toons, well - i'm not sure it's possible to be in queue and in story instance at the same time, but I'm 100% sure that, once again, i would lose all progress in that story instance should i transfer to WvW . Guess i could craft? Only i have lvl 500 on every discipline I'm interested in...

It's one thing to be in. let's say - Borderlands and wait in queue for EB. Outside of WvW, queues are problematic to orchestrate with other activities.Having 30+ ppl queues I'm seeing every weekend, but you can get inside some WvW map in 20 mins or so..but this? I guess WxP bait bloated people wanting to take part?And that's to be expected. But, if you run a promotion like that, well - you kinda sorta should ask yourself what will happen xD

@Arioch.4810 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:1) If what you want is Wxp, there's EoTM.2) You can always move to low pop worlds, you can't really complain about Queues in a T1 world. (even if you didn't bandwagon there previously)3) It's not like being queued prevents you from doing other stuff.

I enjoy WvW and play it ,lets say, ~2 hours most nights. It's not about the exp...Moving to low population world kinda defeats the purpose of WvW, i hope we agree on that?Doing other stuff...well., let's see: if i start a PvP match, i must not abandon it, right (not even sure it's possible to queue for WvW form Pvp, never tried it). If i join some meta event train, i run the risk of being forced to leave (transfer to WvW) and give up on rewards for progress in said meta event... if i work on some personal story episodes on my "side" toons, well - i'm not sure it's possible to be in queue and in story instance at the same time, but I'm 100% sure that, once again, i would lose all progress in that story instance should i transfer to WvW . Guess i could craft? Only i have lvl 500 on every discipline I'm interested in...

It's one thing to be in. let's say - Borderlands and wait in queue for EB. Outside of WvW, queues are problematic to orchestrate with other activities.Having 30+ ppl queues I'm seeing every weekend, but you can get inside some WvW map in 20 mins or so..but this? I guess WxP bait bloated people wanting to take part?And that's to be expected. But, if you run a promotion like that, well - you kinda sorta should ask yourself what will happen xD

1) Ok, then you know that at reset there's
always
queues, especially when worlds are T1. Heck, i can tell you're a newbie, because you're unfamilliar with 100+ queues during tournaments.

2) No it doesn't defeat the purpose, actually, people that think like you is what broke WvW. Bandwagoning is the cancer that killed what was a good game mode.

3) If you can't leave at the time, just re-queue. One of the best QoL features they added for PvP for example was the ability to queue from outside the HoM, so you can do stuff while you queue. EXACT same thing.

4) The game mode can't afford more people per map, having longer queues with these events is expected. I guess the problem is that you never experienced WvW when it was good, and are basing your opinions on playing PPT WvW.

I would've preferred either a complimentary booster for people who log in this weekend or much, much, much better notice.I haven't been able to play much this weekend -- it would've been nice to benefit from this harvesting boost a little more than I have.Alas, it is what it is.

~ Kovu

Archived