Black Lion Chests

Ok I have to admit I like to open these boxes as it helps to complete collections and I like that idea and it gives me some goodies, but that being said I would like the DEVS to take a look into some things about these boxes.First off getting a total makeover kit as a bonus add on item is not worth the effort or the hoping to get since I have hundreds of these thingsSecond for thing like this that we have and extractors I would like to see if it is possible to have them sold maybe to the TP for gems of course it would not be the cost of the item that it is in the TP but say 50 gems or maybe 100 for total make over kits as they are 350 each that is a fair return that is not game breaking I think and allows to clear up space.This will allow for these items to still in the BLC and will not make ppl that open them mad when they see them so muchThird off I have both collections of all the minis and so maybe we can have a bonus to getting a rare mini that we do not have with RNG when a collection is completed. I get very upset when I see mini eggs and I can not get anything I still need. for collectionsI would also like to see the same thing with collections from the monthly skins, if you complete a set of skins then the ones that are the next tier should be down to the lower price of one black lion ticket and so on if you have that one completed. Once a collection is completed the skins could go up to 2 tickets and so on to increase them the value and the selling of them this will curve the economy and skins you get from the BLC will just be that much more worth it and ppl maybe more inclined to buy gems to open keysThese are some of the ideas I have had for a while,

Also I think ppl that open alot of boxes like myself and others should maybe get a discount after opening so many chests on the key purchases up to maybe 25 free keys after purchasing and opening say 500 or 1000 chests.

I hope the DEVS take these ideas serious as I think they would promote more sales in the Gem store,

So please look at these and comment on the what you think of the ideas you can be brutal i have a thick skin

@jediwolf.8724 said:I always thought you should get a free key as a part of the monthly log in reward rotation.Take out some of the tomes of knowledge and give us a black lion chest key.

I think the chest of black lion goods login bonus has a chance to contain a key?

Though yes, I would love a guaranteed key on even just one of the days.

That said, I've stopped opening chests right now because I'm sick of getting those damn red griffon miniatures.

The chest of Black Lion Goods can give you a key, but it's a pretty low drop rate.

I doubt Anet would ever add guaranteed keys for low/zero effort activities like logging in because people who want a key every so often and don't want to deal with RNG or converting enough gold are the ones most likely to pay for one. Even if indirectly - they buy gems for something else, have a few left over because the gem packs and the price of items rarely matches up and spend the left over on keys.

Likewise they're unlikely to give free keys to people who buy a lot of them because they're currently paying for them. Unless they had reason to believe this would incentivise some other people to spend more. (For example if there are a lot of people who currently buy 25 keys a month and Anet believes they can get them to buy 30 by giving away a free one when you get 30 keys in a month they might do that. But not simply as a freebie for people whose activities show Anet they're happy to keep buying keys for the current rewards.)

If you want free keys on a regular basis you can make a new character, level them to 10 (maybe use those excess Tomes of Knowledge) and do the first story chapter. Other than that it's down to RNG (with lot drop rates) or paying for it.

And even then I'm pretty sure the key from the level 10 story was mainly intended to make sure new players were aware of keys and chests and got a taste of what they could get from it so they'd be inclined to buy more. Although that can backfire - whenever I open a chest it reminds me that I never get anything I wanted and that's part of why I never buy keys.

@Danikat.8537 said:

If you want free keys on a regular basis you can make a new character, level them to 10 (maybe use those excess Tomes of Knowledge) and do the first story chapter. Other than that it's down to RNG (with lot drop rates) or paying for it.

Worth noting that if you do want to do that, it's weekly-locked. You can complete as many level 10 quests as you want but you'll only get a key once a week.

Absolutely agree that ANet are highly unlikely to be handing out keys left right and centre - it's probably one of their biggest moneymakers, and there's a low RNG chance from some drops to placate the non-payers.

Would just be nice, especially as decent rewards are an absolute crapshoot

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

Worth noting that if you do want to do that, it's weekly-locked. You can complete as many level 10 quests as you want but you'll only get a key once a week.

Ah, yeah I thought that was in the post but I guess it was in an early version and that paragraph got deleted without saving that key bit of info! Thanks for adding it!

Archived