Distortion into Mirror into stealth...where is the opening?

Arheundel.6451

As the title state...Distortion into Mirror into Stealth..rinse and repeat....if you are quick enough you find an opening once every 2-3 rotations, an opening that regardless doesn't give enough time to deal considerable dmg or nothing that can be easily recovered before the mesmer resume its defensive rotations with nothing that you can do because he's invulnerable with distortion and if you try to range him ...you find mirror..then he stealth to repeat his offensive rotation and doesn't matter if you just try to kite/dodge.....the mesmer will attack again few secs later...ha and to start gl kiting the mesmer between Jaunt and sword ambush....even if you carefully evade their ambush skill and jaunt, the mesmer will catch up thx to illusionary leap.

The damage?...fine keep itThe stealth?...fine keep itThe clone spam?.....fine I can deal with itDefensive rotation?....CDs too short, you virtually have no opening

It's excruciatingly frustrating because you don't lose to the player...he's simply being carried by the damn build....A class design with an incredible amount of personal bias...

If you were complaining about thief, then thieves would be jumping in this thread to yell at you that "Stealth isn't invulnearbility, its so easy to play around, quit whining about it" yet strangely, I doubt they will do that in this thread.

Anyway, there definitely could be more openings to attack the mesmer, especially mirage.

@"OriOri.8724" said:If you were complaining about thief, then thieves would be jumping in this thread to yell at you that "Stealth isn't invulnearbility, its so easy to play around, quit whining about it" yet strangely, I doubt they will do that in this thread.

Anyway, there definitely could be more openings to attack the mesmer, especially mirage.

Mesmer is a mess of overbuffed traitlines/utilities as the result of imposed balance based on personal bias. I can clearly see all the synergies HE created with mirage and chronomancer, HE knew what HE was doing like : evasive mirror in duellist line, then blurred inscriptions.

Don't waste offensive cooldowns on distortion. Wait out a few dodges and cool-downs, challenge heir anticipation learn to read a little. Be sure to count dodges.There are openings Mesmer runs out of on demand evades, but they have decent duration per cooldown.AoE pressures their resources and stealth.

Useing condi will have lasting effects through evades, also only squish builds use stealth you can use that as an indicator to how they will react.

Turn off "Auto Targeting" and enable "Skill Retargeting", you would be surprised at the number of players who've been complaining about mes crying for nerfs while thinking you don't need these basic settings to be competitive.

@"OriOri.8724" said:If you were complaining about thief, then thieves would be jumping in this thread to yell at you that "Stealth isn't invulnearbility, its so easy to play around, quit whining about it" yet strangely, I doubt they will do that in this thread.

To be fair, thieves lack the defensive rotation of a mirage and the detarget of stealth is much more punishing to the enemy when you're a mesmer than when you're a thief. That being said, stealth is obviously a minimal part of the issue so I don't think that's what people should be spending their energy on right now. Fixing the other parts of the issue would do much more than nerfing stealth... again.

Thieves don't have:

• Mirage's break stun on dodge
  • Mirage's evade while mid cast any skill
  • Mirage mirrors to pick up off the ground

Archived