Some specs dmg are out of control

alez.2137

I see every day in spvp, there are some power classes which have their damage out of control, I mean, they can do +20k dmg in a blink. That classes as I've seen are mesmer, ele, engi,..There are also classes with easy disengage so even if they dont kill you the first time, they run away, top the health bar while its short cooldowns are ready and try again.

I think the next nerf should be done to power damage, as at this moment is as op as the condi was after pof release. Also it should be done not only for pvp, as in pve that classes top the dmg meters by a lot compaired to others.

@alez.2137 said:I see every day in spvp, there are some power classes which have their damage out of control, I mean, they can do +20k dmg in a blink. That classes as I've seen are mesmer, ele, engi,..There are also classes with easy disengage so even if they dont kill you the first time, they run away, top the health bar while its short cooldowns are ready and try again.

I think the next nerf should be done to power damage, as at this moment is as op as the condi was after pof release. Also it should be done not only for pvp, as in pve that classes top the dmg meters by a lot compaired to others.

Wait, ele? I barely ever see them any more.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@alez.2137 said:I see every day in spvp, there are some power classes which have their damage out of control, I mean, they can do +20k dmg in a blink. That classes as I've seen are mesmer, ele, engi,..There are also classes with easy disengage so even if they dont kill you the first time, they run away, top the health bar while its short cooldowns are ready and try again.

Yes, there are 2 builds for ele I've seen lately. While there is one that seem ok, has good damage and also good healing, there is some kind of weaver spec with lot of cc, lot of condi cleanse and high damage.

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:All of them are. Scourge, mesmer, thief, guardian. All their damage is out of control

Scourge is a punchbag, it only shines when it has a fb close to it. Not said by me, just look at gw2posi streams (a +1900 rating playing in previous seasons) to see how scourge cannot carry and cannot disengage of fights. Not to say it cannot insta-kill like the cited power professions.Guardian has only OP damage at core guardian build. But I think their damage is lower than the ele, mesmer, engi.Thief does good damage, as much as ele, mesmer and engi. But however it is a very weak class. I understand their damage given that they are like paper.

@alez.2137 said:

Yes, there are 2 builds for ele I've seen lately. While there is one that seem ok, has good damage and also good healing, there is some kind of weaver spec with lot of cc, lot of condi cleanse and high damage.

Just because you don't know how ele's work doesn't mean it's 20k damage insta burst, insane cc, infinite condi cleanse op spec.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

Just because you don't know how ele's work doesn't mean it's 20k damage insta burst, insane cc, infinite condi cleanse op spec.

Lol, dont change my words, I said "lot of cc, lot of condi cleanse and high damage", not "20k damage insta burst, insane cc, infinite condi cleanse".

And I dont say that just based on my opinion, I commented it with some players better than me, and they said it was normal it countered me because of that.

@alez.2137 said:Lol, dont change my words, I said "lot of cc, lot of condi cleanse and high damage", not "20k damage insta burst, insane cc, infinite condi cleanse".

And I dont say that just based on my opinion, I commented it with some players better than me, and they said it was normal it countered me because of that.

Reading through your comments you did say that haha

@alez.2137 said:I see every day in spvp, there are some power classes which have their damage out of control, I mean, they can do +20k dmg in a blink. That classes as I've seen are mesmer, ele, engi,..

@alez.2137 said:

@alez.2137 said:I see every day in spvp, there are some power classes which have their damage out of control, I mean, they can do +20k dmg in a blink. That classes as I've seen are mesmer, ele, engi,..

I say why dont you play Ele and see how you do first before commenting on how to balance it

@alez.2137 said:

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:All of them are. Scourge, mesmer, thief, guardian. All their damage is out of control

Scourge is a punchbag, it only shines when it has a fb close to it. Not said by me, just look at gw2posi streams (a +1900 rating playing in previous seasons) to see how scourge cannot carry and cannot disengage of fights. Not to say it cannot insta-kill like the cited power professions.Guardian has only OP damage at core guardian build. But I think their damage is lower than the ele, mesmer, engi.Thief does good damage, as much as ele, mesmer and engi. But however it is a very weak class. I understand their damage given that they are like paper.

I am not saying they are overpowered relative to other classes. They are all overpowered in terms of the base mechanics. As for that person's stream, I saw it briefly and the dude dodges on the way to fights. So hardly high end gameplay.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:I say why dont you play Ele and see how you do first before commenting on how to balance it

I would do if I had more time, as I dont have I can only see whats going on and speculate. In fact, probably a big part of the problem with the ele is the weaver spec and their insane pve dmg, that translates into more than expected dmg skills for a char. Nerf in dmg skills would be enough to be in pair with other classes without having to touch rest of mechanics of the proffesion in pvp. Just suggesting.Also check at youtube the duels cellofrag vs holts, they are 2 skilled played. One playing weaver, the other playing necro pre condi nerf (when necro was op). See that even at this moment the necro had to change his elite skill to just dmg a bit the weaver, and the weaver is most of the time 100% hp while necro is less than 40% hp trying to evade most of the damage using the terrain.

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:I am not saying they are overpowered relative to other classes. They are all overpowered in terms of the base mechanics. As for that person's stream, I saw it briefly and the dude dodges on the way to fights. So hardly high end gameplay.

Well, he was world champion 2013 with his team, also a ranked 1900 player in previous seasons always playing with necro. I think he knows more of the mechanics of the game than me, and probably than you, to just discard his opinion because he dodged out of combat.

@alez.2137 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:I say why dont you play Ele and see how you do first before commenting on how to balance it

I would do if I had more time, as I dont have I can only see whats going on and speculate. In fact, probably a big part of the problem with the ele is the weaver spec and their insane pve dmg, that translates into more than expected dmg skills for a char. Nerf in dmg skills would be enough to be in pair with other classes without having to touch rest of mechanics of the proffesion in pvp. Just suggesting.Also check at youtube the duels cellofrag vs holts, they are 2 skilled played. One playing weaver, the other playing necro pre condi nerf (when necro was op). See that even at this moment the necro had to change his elite skill to just dmg a bit the weaver, and the weaver is most of the time 100% hp while necro is less than 40% hp trying to evade most of the damage using the terrain.

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:I am not saying they are overpowered relative to other classes. They are all overpowered in terms of the base mechanics. As for that person's stream, I saw it briefly and the dude dodges on the way to fights. So hardly high end gameplay.

Well, he was world champion 2013 with his team, also a ranked 1900 player in previous seasons always playing with necro. I think he knows more of the mechanics of the game than me, and probably than you, to just discard his opinion because he dodged out of combat.

Since when do necros have mechanics? Especially the last couple seasons. Scourge is nothing more than slamming your F keys and tossing a few spells down and getting top damage and healing on your team. Necro is brain dead atm. So is P/P thief but they are easily countered if you yourself aren't brain dead, and mesmer? Well we all know about mesmer.

While I agree that plasma beam needed a little cut to its damage in PvP, I believe that was taken care of a few patches ago. There's nothing OP about Ele or weaver currently. The "finger gymnastics" you have to do to make these build work well is very user dependent and has nothing to do with the build itself. You should watch some of the old videos of Phantaram playing ele. His keyboard sounds like toy machine gun firing.

@alez.2137 said:

If you have a problem about Ele in PvE then why complain about ele in a PvP subforum? I woudn't complain about a class that i do not play, so since you don't play Ele, don't complain about them because you don't have a clue how they work and while we are talking about it, the reason Ele is so high in DPS is because it offers literally nothing else, if Weaver was to be on par with other specs, Weaver would be made worthless and belong in the bin

Going with the video, this is in a Guild hall where its balanced around PvE not PvP and there are stats that can be used that cannot be used in PvP

@alez.2137 said:

I am not criticising him or anyone else. I am merely stating that you cannot base your balance views on the basis of someone who arrives at every fight with no energy and therefore no evasion. It is hard to debate this.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

If you have a problem about Ele in PvE then why complain about ele in a PvP subforum? I woudn't complain about a class that i do not play, so since you don't play Ele, don't complain about them because you don't have a clue how they work and while we are talking about it, the reason Ele is so high in DPS is because it offers literally nothing else, if Weaver was to be on par with other specs, Weaver would be made worthless and belong in the bin

Going with the video, this is in a Guild hall where its balanced around PvE not PvP and there are stats that can be used that cannot be used in PvP

No I said one thing is probably consequence of the other. I was referring from the beggining to spvp. The high dmg spikes that a weaver can output in pve can be aplied to pvp, just without ferocity.

In the video you can see the ele has 15'8K hp, ¿is that pve gear? People is telling me that in spvp they have 18K so I guess they, or at least the ele, is using some kind of WvW build/gear.

@alez.2137 said:

No I said one thing is probably consequence of the other. I was referring from the beggining to spvp. The high dmg spikes that a weaver can output in pve can be aplied to pvp, just without ferocity.

In the video you can see the ele has 15'8K hp, ¿is that pve gear? People is telling me that in spvp they have 18K so I guess they, or at least the ele, is using some kind of WvW build/gear.

It really doesn't matter to keep going with this discussion...whatever class you play, it's OP somewhere, overused in same game mode...there is a small note though, the pve eles in raid is 100% glass with zero sustain that depends on other to stay alive, the dmg comes with a sacrifice, if you think the dmg is too high then...suggest to tone down. Now ofc you realize that once the dmg is lowered, the sustain of the build will be increased with buffs as compensation.

And as side note...it seems you're unaware of the fact that there is no "huge dps" ele build in pvp as a matter of fact there is none and no ele is used in tournies....like zero eles in pvp tournaments and in wvw you see 2-3 eles in a 50 man zerg of 30 scourges and 15 firebrands.

You may not notice all these things...but the devs do like the rest of the community

Archived