Audio problems

Hi,so I can hear no sound in-game or in the character screen.

Speakers I use- 2.1 PC speaker Corded Creative A250 9 W

What I’ve attempted to do in hopes of fixing the Audio -Set my volume meter on my computer for GW2 over 0-Updated my speaker’s driver

• Set the “audio device” in GW2’s audio settings to the speaker

(The operating system I use is windows 10)

Any help is appreciated thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. The game gives me no sound. Updated drivers, correct device is set in options, repaired client, sliders are fine, no sound problems in any other games.

Sound was fine when I installed the game, then one day there was no more sound. Managed to get sound back by running the game in win7 compatibility mode. Worked fine for a couple of weeks until it suddenly made a screeching sound while playing then sound stopped. I see others with the problem when I search the internet, but they either don't fix the problem or dont post what solved it for them. Any help is welcome.

PS: I did put in a support ticket, but from what I can tell by reading the forum, Battle for Azeroth will release before anyone reads it.

It worked for me by using the above link, but what difference is, I just disable and enable my speakers, and GW2 starts to have audio. I'm not sure if this solve the problem forever, but if anyone still having the problem can try it out :)

noticed something strange today.. certain UI sounds seem to be missing. Sound in game is fine, music is fine, Enviro sounds fine, dialogues fine.. just mouse clicks on certain UI function has disappeared into the ether.. nothing has changed my end and the fact sound is working as is for most things in game and out of game leads me to think there might be some small gremlins pulling cables out back at base :)

Archived