Option to disable kites in WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Option to disable kites in WvW?

Is there any way we can get the option to disable kites? When someone uses the frog tonic and has a kite at the same time it fills up your screen and makes it hard to see what's going on.

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lol... So does the meteor glider. Disable any gliders too.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did you mean an option to toggle displaying tonics/kites off/on?

• Don't they get automatically disabled in combat?

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Spartacus.1549 said:
    Yes also we need an option to disable players that get easily annoyed by anything.

You know, I read that in a very different way, I take it you’re not advocating the removal of limbs?

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

Kites and balloons have been an accepted sign of showing no harmful intentions, e.g. if you are waiting for a Veteran creature to respawn close to camp.
    I want to keep them the way they are.

The best course of action is just to move away from it. If it's visually cluttering, I can find a many other things in this game that are worse.

• @DemonSeed.3528 said:

Yes in our option menu

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

I predict hordes of Scourge players using this option, then come to forums and rage when other classes can still kite them...

(couldn't resist, sorry)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "GW2 is a MSOFGG: Mass Singleplayer Online Fashion Grinding Game" -me

• Pls. don't remove or change, there need to be room for fun things.

Try to change zoom level with PgUp/PgDn or move a bit away from your happy Nuhoch friend.

• I'm sorry but as a commander I use the kite as a way to indicate where I am moving to since the massive amounts of scourge red circles can hide my tag. I also use the Nuhoch tonic and the kite as a sign of respect after dueling while I sit next to my opponent. I feel it's more classy rather than trying to litter the ground with unbuilt catapult blueprints.

• @Nighteyess.2149 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Yes in our option menu

If they choose to add this functionality, they should also consider doing the same for gliders. As mentioned above some of those can obstruct the view while gliding. Would be great to have the option to make those more generic if one chose too.

• @Gorani.7205 said:
    Kites and balloons have been an accepted sign of showing no harmful intentions, e.g. if you are waiting for a Veteran creature to respawn close to camp.

Is this true? How about tonics then - Any deeper meaning there? Sometimes I run around just to see what'll happen. Half the time I get fun enemy players who play along. The other half I get rekt as a poor baby dolyak, haha. 😛

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

@Dreygor.8597 said:

@Gorani.7205 said:

Is this true? How about tonics then - Any deeper meaning there? Sometimes I run around just to see what'll happen. Half the time I get fun enemy players who play along. The other half I get rekt as a poor baby dolyak, haha. 😛

There is no guarantee that you will not be attacked, but having a quaggan tonic up and waving at a person with a kite usually helps. At least that's my experience on an EU server. The usual spots to wait are at or on the spawn spots close to the SC. The veteran wurm north of Bay is no place I would consider to be safe, because you are too close to Quarry and Bay gates to be not considered to be a threat.

• Having the Frog run around with the Kite does clog the screen. Having an option to turn off that animation (let them show up on their screen with it - not mine) would be best.

• Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gorani.7205 said:

Kites and balloons, to me are like seeing a clown IRL, grounds to punch them in their big red nose!!!

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I got a better idea. Lets allow the enlarging tonic in wvw, so my kite wielding froggy can be even larger on screen.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• Milea.6043Milea.6043 Member ✭✭

I see nothing wrong with Kites in WvW.
    https://imgur.com/a/r0zWGif

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nuhoch is annoying AF and is typically only used by people who feign peace for a gank as soon as you walk by.

Kite and quaggan tonic are typically the only serious ones. Sometimes birthday blaster as well.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

@Milea.6043 said:
    I see nothing wrong with Kites in WvW.
    https://imgur.com/a/r0zWGif

Cross species kite breeding!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.