Breaking down the runes

babazhook.6805

Of the new Runes which do YOU think will find most thief play?

Superior Rune of the Deadeye. I do not see this getting much use at all. The added might is redundant. There better options.

Superior Rune of Rebirth. I can see using this in perhaps a Staff or d/d DB build but it will likely see limited gameplay.

Superior Rune of The weaver. MAYBE a deathblossom condition build? Otherwise i do not see it.

Superior rune of the Firebrand. At first glance not much to see but if going hybrid with a DE build the combination of boon and condition duration along with that quickness might work well

Superior Rune of the Holosmith. I do not see much gameplay with thief.

Superior Rune of The Mirage. Can see gameplay in thief Condi builds dependent on that heal. Lots of evades lots of heals. Yet more toughness.

Superior Rune of the Scourge. Maybe in a Condition apothecary build? Likely very niche.

Superior Rune of the Soulbeast. Not very usable.

Superior Rune of the Renegade. Will work well in a hybris used in conjunction with Grievers and I expect we will see more hybrids. I might consider this in my own.

Superior Rune of the Spellbreaker. This will likely see a lot of play in s/d builds. Steal boons get the 20 percent bonust to three and add in 10 percent from Swindlers and 7 percent from Spellbreaker.

Superior Rune of the Cavalier. I guess we not all that engaging so I do not see this being used.

Currently I am considering Spellbreaker and Renegade over all others for the builds I have in mind.

@Fade.7658 said:I tried Superior Rune of The Mirage on my D/D+SB condi heal build. With 602 healing power, the sixth slot ability healed me for 1423. Didn't bother buying PoF though. Deadeye is predominantly a power set and is currently a stinker atm, imo.

That is quite substantial as a heal. Is there an ICD?

I was looking a one of the new foods and one is "remove a condition on successful evade" with a 10 second ICD. That might work nice with D/D condition used in conjunction with those runes and the EA out of Daredevil.

There was a 20 second CD. The healing was a little wonky. With the same healing power, and damaged at 50%, I received combat messages of healing for 1391 to 1463, all at the 602 healing power. I added around 200 more healing power and didn't see any gains. (this was all in WvW on mobs)

I was looking a one of the new foods and one is "remove a condition on successful evade" with a 10 second ICD. That might work nice with D/D condition used in conjunction with those runes and the EA out of Daredevil.

I'm interested in the food that offers +70 condi damage and health every second. With my setup, I could see +340ish health a second with regen running from Pain Response. (not to mention the heal from Superior Rune of The Mirage, Driven Fortitude, Signet of Malice, Assassin's Reward and the combat regen boost that you can get from leveling. Could add Superior Sigil of Water for even more health back.

@Fade.7658 said:

I'm interested in the food that offers +70 condi damage and health every second. With my setup, I could see +340ish health a second with regen running from Pain Response. (not to mention the heal from Superior Rune of The Mirage, Driven Fortitude, Signet of Malice, Assassin's Reward and the combat regen boost that you can get from leveling. Could add Superior Sigil of Water for even more health back.

Revisitng this I think if you want the heal out of a condition type build, you would be better off with Superior Rune Of Scavenging. The ICDS are close to the same and there 2 sources in Scavenging plus higher Condition damage base.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Fade.7658 said:

Revisitng this I think if you want the heal out of a condition type build, you would be better off with Superior Rune Of Scavenging. The ICDS are close to the same and there 2 sources in Scavenging plus higher Condition damage base.

Yeah, that was my go to rune of choice prior to the debut of PoF. I'll probably go back to it if I decide to play at all.

Archived