New to Rev, need somewhere to start

Adamsdjr.1350

I have almost 700 hours on this game and have never touched the Rev. After getting burnt out on my Ranger/Ele I've decided I'm going to make one, so I need some ideas of where to start, for all content except spvp and raiding.

What I'm looking for:A general purpose PVE build for doing map completion, metas, etcWvW build that doesn't involve HammerFractal build. I thought condi rev was standard for rev in fractrals but a lot of people are telling me that its ramp is too slow. So idk what to believe. A viable fractal build would be sweet.

I'm aware that Rev isn't in a good place and that most of what it does is done better by others, but it's the only class I haven't played and I want to try it.

Thanks!

@"Adamsdjr.1350" said:

What I'm looking for:A general purpose PVE build for doing map completion, metas, etcWvW build that doesn't involve HammerFractal build. I thought condi rev was standard for rev in fractrals but a lot of people are telling me that its ramp is too slow. So idk what to believe. A viable fractal build would be sweet.

While leveling and for map completion I would go Shiro + Mallyx with double sword:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQNAscmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklNFhN853pb6UqNwhFA-jBSBABmpE8hTAwGHCA+3f4KlfUq+De6LA4JAAA-e

You can swap a bit traits as Cleansing Channel (if you want more cleansing) or Incensed Response (if you want more damage on trade of a bit less mobility) but that would work well.

Not sure about in low levels, but a full ascended power Rev scaled down in maps can one shoot most of the mobs with sword #2, #3 and #4. So when you're filling the heart quests (which in most of cases can be done just killing stuff) you kill a foe with #2, move towards the second killing with #3 and then stomp another one with #4, and at that time #2 is already out of cooldown, so hearts can be done in 1-2 minutes.

Staff is just for the defensive tools and for breaking champion's defiance bar. I would have a hammer in the bag to replace the staff for some open world metas, because a lot of champions can be soloed in very safe style just poking them at range.

Once you get Glint I would replace Mallyx; since Glint provides tons of AoE cleave damage you could swap off hand sword for axe to stack more cc and breaking defiance bars on crowded events:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQNAsXmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklNFqNAHYBsh5MvxegHchA-jBSBABScCAA4JAclyP80VQp6PmpEcjDBA/7PAA-e

You don't explain if you plan to WvW as in roaming or in large groups. For roaming the current standard is doble sword + staff:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlMQNAscmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklNFy+fHchtB4ALg9Ln5NA-jVSBQBb4QAYSlgZUpHlU/5KKDAwTAYf7PgH9FP4EAQKgxGaB-w

...Albeit if your enemies are good the probably will crush you at range and disengage/reset the match at will (stealth thieves, mesmer and rangers) while stun/daze/root you for ages. Hammer can be used replacing either the staff or the swords, but albeit is better vs glass cannons is worse against tanky foes as Spellbreakes, some Guards and Holos, etc. Also, the damage was recently nerfed in WvW.

For WvW in large groups hammer is almost mandatory; you can play a condi build instead (with Mallyx and either Shiro or Jalis) and using mace + axe as main weapon set, but those builds lacks sustain and your survability will entirely rely in the Guards from your team (and your main function will be either being a boon bot or to provide Resistance).

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Adamsdjr.1350" said:

While leveling and for map completion I would go Shiro + Mallyx with double sword:

You can swap a bit traits as Cleansing Channel (if you want more cleansing) or Incensed Response (if you want more damage on trade of a bit less mobility) but that would work well.

Not sure about in low levels, but a full ascended power Rev scaled down in maps can one shoot most of the mobs with sword #2, #3 and #4. So when you're filling the heart quests (which in most of cases can be done just killing stuff) you kill a foe with #2, move towards the second killing with #3 and then stomp another one with #4, and at that time #2 is already out of cooldown, so hearts can be done in 1-2 minutes.

Staff is just for the defensive tools and for breaking champion's defiance bar. I would have a hammer in the bag to replace the staff for some open world metas, because a lot of champions can be soloed in very safe style just poking them at range.

Once you get Glint I would replace Mallyx; since Glint provides tons of AoE cleave damage you could swap off hand sword for axe to stack more cc and breaking defiance bars on crowded events:

You don't explain if you plan to WvW as in roaming or in large groups. For roaming the current standard is doble sword + staff:

...Albeit if your enemies are good the probably will crush you at range and disengage/reset the match at will (stealth thieves, mesmer and rangers) while stun/daze/root you for ages. Hammer can be used replacing either the staff or the swords, but albeit is better vs glass cannons is worse against tanky foes as Spellbreakes, some Guards and Holos, etc. Also, the damage was recently nerfed in WvW.

For WvW in large groups hammer is almost mandatory; you can play a condi build instead (with Mallyx and either Shiro or Jalis) and using mace + axe as main weapon set, but those builds lacks sustain and your survability will entirely rely in the Guards from your team (and your main function will be either being a boon bot or to provide Resistance).

Cool, I'll try some of this, thanks!

Archived