What to do with exotic and rare gear that I got from WvW Reward Track chests? Salvage?

Annihilator.2617

@Annihilator.2617 said:I am getting from the WvW Reward Track chests some exotic and rare gear that I don't need (have better gear) and they are account bound or soulbound. What to do with them, just salvage?

Yes.For the rares, the usual mystic/silver-fed kit. For the exotics, use BL kits if if you have a skritt-ton of them; otherwise treat the same as rares.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Annihilator.2617 said:I am getting from the WvW Reward Track chests some exotic and rare gear that I don't need (have better gear) and they are account bound or soulbound. What to do with them, just salvage?

Yes.For the rares, the usual mystic/silver-fed kit. For the exotics, use BL kits
if
if you have a skritt-ton of them; otherwise treat the same as rares.

So they will not be useful for ascend gear crafting?

@Annihilator.2617 said:So they will not be useful for ascend gear crafting?

To craft ascended gear, you need mats, not existing pieces of armor/weapons. There are some WvW skins that you can only get after choosing certain gear from the reward tracks, but you don't need the original. (The Triumphant → Ascended → Legendary upgrade path doesn't require keeping the exotics, just unlocking them.)

@Gorani.7205 said:Sidenote (as mentioned in the other "track thread" you have opened:Triumphant and Legacy armours have all stats available, including the high priced HoT stats (Viper, Trailblazer etc.). They should be considered for use, before you salvage them.

The Triumphant & Legacy boxes also stack neatly (unlike a lot of choosy boxes, especially from reward tracks), which means you only need to reserve a single inventory slot to hoard them until needed. (I am not sure about the legacy armor boxes.)

(I've updated with the additional datum below; thanks @Gorani.7205.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Gorani.7205" said:Sidenote (as mentioned in the other "track thread" you have opened:Triumphant and Legacy armours have all stats available, including the high priced HoT stats (Viper, Trailblazer etc.). They should be considered for use, before you salvage them.

The Triumphant boxes also stack neatly (unlike a lot of choosy boxes, especially from reward tracks), which means you only need to reserve a single inventory slot to hoard them until needed. (I am not sure about the legacy armor boxes.)

Legacy boxes stack too

@"Gorani.7205" said:Sidenote (as mentioned in the other "track thread" you have opened:Triumphant and Legacy armours have all stats available, including the high priced HoT stats (Viper, Trailblazer etc.). They should be considered for use, before you salvage them.

In which cases that rare stats can be useful?

@Annihilator.2617 said:

In which cases that rare stats can be useful?

At pretty much no time are rare stats useful. But the mats you can salvage from rare gear can be very useful if you're making other things. Rare and anything below that are really only good for their salvage value.

Archived