Boris the Beast's Accent

Tachenon.5270

You think Boris is a large, bald human don't you. Ah, but there you are wrong. For you see, Boris is not a large, bald human strongman. No, Boris is a large, bald dwarven strongman! The last one of flesh and bone, using an enlarging tonic to be human sized!

How else do you think he knows how to break dwarven ore so easily?! How else does he have a dwarven accent!?

That, or he was raised among dwarves. Both possible. I like the enlarging tonic idea more.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:You think Boris is a large, bald human don't you. Ah, but there you are wrong. For you see, Boris is not a large, bald human strongman. No, Boris is a large, bald dwarven strongman! The last one of flesh and bone, using an enlarging tonic to be human sized!

How else do you think he knows how to break dwarven ore so easily?! How else does he have a dwarven accent!?

That, or he was raised among dwarves. Both possible. I like the enlarging tonic idea more.

Don't the dwarves have scottish accents? Isn't it the dredge with Russian accents? Perhaps a dredge with a human tonic!

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:You think Boris is a large, bald human don't you. Ah, but there you are wrong. For you see, Boris is not a large, bald human strongman. No, Boris is a large, bald
dwarven
strongman! The last one of flesh and bone, using an enlarging tonic to be human sized!

Don't the dwarves have scottish accents? Isn't it the dredge with Russian accents? Perhaps a dredge with a human tonic!

Those accents never sounded Scottish to me in GW1, but neither do dredge in GW2 sound Russian to me, per se. Honestly, I wouldn't call either a Russian accent, but the dwarves sounded closer to than the dredge, who merely have words influenced by and parodying Russian historical terms.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:You think Boris is a large, bald human don't you. Ah, but there you are wrong. For you see, Boris is not a large, bald human strongman. No, Boris is a large, bald
dwarven
strongman! The last one of flesh and bone, using an enlarging tonic to be human sized!

Those accents never sounded Scottish to me in GW1, but neither do dredge in GW2 sound Russian to me, per se. Honestly, I wouldn't call
either
a Russian accent, but the dwarves sounded closer to than the dredge, who merely have words influenced by and parodying Russian historical terms.

To be honest, going back to them via youtbe vids im not hearing scottish either. Must be thinking of a diff game. There isnt really any russian influence that i can detect either tho.

The dwarves didn't have any particular earth accent; without any behind the scenes knowledge as far as I can tell it was one guy doing a bunch of "foreign" sounding accents. Same as the vizier, it sounded like the same guy to me.

He was just trilling Rs and generally trying to not sound American. I always thought it was pretty bad, but I suppose it's better than i could do.

Archived