Starting my Legendary Armor journey?

So I'm really bored of the meta changing and having to reroll armor all the time. I have 9 different characters, and I'd like to make a set of heavy, med, and light legendary armor. I mostly play wvw, as it's the most enjoyable to me, so if I wanted to start moving towards legendary WvW armor, what steps should I take? Thanks!

First of all you need to do the triumphant armor reward track to unlock the armor, then buy the ascended armor pieces from the skirmish merchant.You're going to need around 30 000 skirmish claim tickets for 3 full sets, that means around 70 weeks of earning all Diamond Reward chests from pips.

Now that this heads up is out of the way: You're going to need your respective crafting profession (armorsmith/tailoring/leatherworker) on 500 to craft their tokens to be able to buy the ascended armor pieces. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

For the rest it's simple to just look at the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor scroll down a bit, WvW is the last section.

Personally, I'm doing WvW whenever my guild is leading raids and farm Istan while they're not. You're definitely going to need the materials.

@"Blocki.4931" said:First of all you need to do the triumphant armor reward track to unlock the armor, then buy the ascended armor pieces from the skirmish merchant.You're going to need around 30 000 skirmish claim tickets for 3 full sets, that means around 70 weeks of earning all Diamond Reward chests from pips.

Now that this heads up is out of the way: You're going to need your respective crafting profession (armorsmith/tailoring/leatherworker) on 500 to craft their tokens to be able to buy the ascended armor pieces. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

For the rest it's simple to just look at the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor scroll down a bit, WvW is the last section.

Personally, I'm doing WvW whenever my guild is leading raids and farm Istan while they're not. You're definitely going to need the materials.

Geez...somebody in chat told me it was easier to get the legendary armor rather than Viper's ascended.....I'm starting to not believe him.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Elarionus.3246 said:Geez...somebody in chat told me it was easier to get the legendary armor rather than Viper's ascended.....I'm starting to not believe him.

Yeah, that person was either straight up lying or is seriously misinformed. Getting ascended anything will be easier than getting legendary armor.

That's good to know. I'm still about 200g away from the Bifrost, and that journey made me quit the game 5 separate times. :P

@Elarionus.3246 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:First of all you need to do the triumphant armor reward track to unlock the armor, then buy the ascended armor pieces from the skirmish merchant.You're going to need around 30 000 skirmish claim tickets for 3 full sets, that means around 70 weeks of earning all Diamond Reward chests from pips.

Now that this heads up is out of the way: You're going to need your respective crafting profession (armorsmith/tailoring/leatherworker) on 500 to craft their tokens to be able to buy the ascended armor pieces.

For the rest it's simple to just look at the wiki:
scroll down a bit, WvW is the last section.

Geez...somebody in chat told me it was easier to get the legendary armor rather than Viper's ascended.....I'm starting to not believe him.

Honestly you could ascended viper gear 9 toons easier and cheaper than crafting a single piece of legendary armor. I think they were trolling you or like other dude said, insanely misinformed.

It's much more feasible to get one of each of the sets for legendary armor. Getting 3 WvW exclusive sets will be insanity.

A full set of PVE legendary armor will take roughly 9 weeks of full clears which is not that long. A lot of requirements for each piece, but not that bad.A full set of PVP legendary armor will take 3 seasons worth of tickets, or around 6 months. It does not take THAT many games to get the tickets, but it's timegated.A full set of WVW legendary armor will take 5 months if you complete the diamond chest every week and takes the most time of the three by FAR since you're limited by your pip gain.

However this is probably super overkill. I love my one set and I can get the PVP set next season if I wanted but I'll probably pass. The money is better invested elsewhere.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Elarionus.3246 said:Geez...somebody in chat told me it was easier to get the legendary armor rather than Viper's ascended.....I'm starting to not believe him.

Yeah, that person was either straight up lying or is seriously misinformed. Getting ascended anything will be easier than getting legendary armor.

Especially ascended Viper (which is easier than exotic Viper). :D

Archived