More double XP weekends

I wanted to make this post! Damn it!

I fullheartedly agree. While WvW was a huuuge mess thanks to people who afk on maps while queues are building and enemy defend their spawncamps with 60 man blobs.. it was also a ton of fun. It felt like the entire game was alive once more and I am sure that many people might have a new found interest, especially IN wvw. I believe that's where the boost mattered the most for people so it makes sense.

I suggest a different bonus every week, on a monthly rotation:

"1st week (PvE) - bonus mf and normal experience2nd week (WvW) - bonus wvw exp and wvw reward tracks3rd week (PvP) - bonus pvp exp and pvp reward tracks4th week (misc) - bonus crafting/gatheringRepeat"

Or something similar.

@"Susy.7529" said:I suggest a different bonus every week, on a rotation:

"1st week (PvE) - bonus mf and normal experience2nd week (WvW) - bonus wvw exp and wvw reward tracks3rd week (PvP) - bonus pvp exp and pvp reward tracks4th week (misc) - bonus crafting/gatheringRepeat"

Or something similar.

I think this is a good idea.. every week this bonus help ppl to progress in the area that they least participating.

blocki sorry I beat you ??I really had fun in wvw on the weekends I switched a server on Sunday with my husband too to check out what it is like on the other side of fence. Not sure if I should go back to Gandara or vabbi or other server and I picked other server... Met some nice ppl in wvw. Also some very nasty and shocking com on Sat in sfr .. but won't name shame ??

@joneirikb.7506 said:From a practical perspective, wouldn't it make more sense to have these things in week-days, to encourage more people to play more when there is usually less people online? WvW for example is usually the most busy in the weekend.

Weekdays most people have work/school so many people wouldn't be able to fully farm the bonus event.Such time limit events have to be in the game when people are able to come online and that's the weekends.

Weekly might be a bit much but boosts to the game on a regular basis will draw attention to the different areas we don't always look into. Have to confuse am still a green recruit in wvw but the boost made me decide to spend a bit more time than usual. Yep some areas were packed and there was some people not to happy with the queue but you could still get into some of the maps.

Think examples of boosts for Fractals, Raids, Dungeons might draw some attention to them - have seen this suggested on one or 2 other posts. One thing I do love about the game is fact that everything is sharable ie nodes, loot etc as in some games a boost like this means that people end up getting less due to the competition.

Hoping everyone at least had an enjoyable weekend and thanks a lot Arenanet for the boost :>

@"Susy.7529" said:I suggest a different bonus every week, on a monthly rotation:

Or something similar.

agree. we need something different every weekend. this weekend was great. kudo's anet. keep going in this direction.

@joneirikb.7506 said:From a practical perspective, wouldn't it make more sense to have these things in week-days, to encourage more people to play more when there is usually less people online? WvW for example is usually the most busy in the weekend.

It's a nice idea but work/school/college commitments for most people would limit the amount of return ANet would get from it. Doing it at the weekends would hit a wider audience, and the people taking part would stay logged in for longer to take advantage, and those people would be more likely to spend money in the store

@"Susy.7529" said:I suggest a different bonus every week, on a monthly rotation:

Or something similar

I think they did this in GW1, if I'm not mistaken.

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

It's a nice idea but work/school/college commitments for most people would limit the amount of return ANet would get from it. Doing it at the weekends would hit a wider audience, and the people taking part would stay logged in for longer to take advantage, and those people would be more likely to spend money in the store

Yeah I don't think I can play this much during the weekdays but still good if they do it for weekends and weekdays.

Archived