[SUGGESTION] EotM

Deni.7345

So this weekend we saw eotm liven up a bit because of the double xp weekend which was nice for the few of us who still enjoy the map. My suggestion is to ban elite specs in eotm(keep only the core classes) which would imo peak the interest of some players especially the old ones who remember the fights back in the day. Might not have a huge impact but it's worth a shot to populate eotm and bring back the nostalgia.

@"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:Idk if nostalgia works, but surely this must mean it will work on us "millennials" that play eotm!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurenfriedman/2016/08/02/why-nostalgia-marketing-works-so-well-with-millennials-and-how-your-brand-can-benefit/#5191332f3636

Maybe not but I've heard a lot of ppl complain about the current wvw meta, some ppl would even be happy to get all of wvw to core classes so a little break in eotm from bubbles and corruptions would benefit everyone and would be a good experiment to see would ppl actually enjoy that.

@Deni.7345 said:

@"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:Idk if nostalgia works, but surely this must mean it will work on us "millennials" that play eotm!

Maybe not but I've heard a lot of ppl complain about the current wvw meta, some ppl would even be happy to get all of wvw to core classes so a little break in eotm from bubbles and corruptions would benefit everyone and would be a good experiment to see would ppl actually enjoy that.

Perhaps. I am well aware of the spam power creep each expansion introduced over the years. I just don't think the audience is going to come back to...EOTM. A map maybe more dislike(d?) than DBL. Atleast it'd be used for testing, but I just think the nostalgia is going to conflict with the uhh...negative nostalgia for EOTM.

I hate to break it to people but class balance was bad before elite specs. Thieves were still spamming stealth and high burst builds, necros were still blowing people up, guards and wars were still running tanky and doing high damage. You also cannot stop people from using post HoT stat combos.

As much as I miss the old hammer train days that we had pre Hot/stability nerf, those days are long gone. Adapt and learn, metas should be fresh and change.

Eotm was a lobby, to wait when you were queued for the actual WvW maps. Rewards were better, ranks faster gained, karma as well, so that eotm actually took players from wvw.Now that wvw has some kind of rewards, unique ones as well, eotm has the place it was meant for.In my server, at least, the veterans have never stepped foot in eotm. OP's idea might be better off being utilized in OS, in my opinion...

It would be nice if it was a map that was an actual training ground to help teach and ease new players into wvw activities. But not really anything you can do for carrots to get players in there. They took out exp, but you can get the tomes if you level wxp, but you can't give out wxp like candy in there otherwise it's k-train ville again with people earning ranks faster than regular wvw, can't increase other rewards too much or give pips otherwise players will also go there for easy loot.

Maybe they can just do a permanent reward track bonus in there so that the gift complaining people can go there instead, rest of the tracks are basically pve stuff anyways, and the wvw stuff are mostly locked to ranks. They could also add in the pips there, just set it to like 1 and no extra for everyone.

Unfortunately too many bored holes would go in there gank newbie players I'm sure.

Archived