Weekend Event Feedback

Ziooo.8932

Haven't seen a post similar to this one yet, and I think it's a good topic to have, discussion-wise, both for players and for the devs, regarding the Gathering and Double Xp Event Weekend (April 20-23 / 2018)!

• My Story:I personally started playing the game back in 2012 because of WvW, I simply loved the concept of fighting large scale semi-organized groups in an Open-World scenario, competing for strategic points, be it defensively or offensively. Unfortunately, most people I used to play with stopped playing over the years for several reasons, and I kinda never recovered from that lack of company when playing WvW, roaming alone simply isn't as fun as roaming with your friends... when the new WvW rank system came i basically wasn't on the mood to play it anymore. Call it passion or nostalgia, I always wanted to go back to those days of intense WvW ol'days. Let's just say this weekend bonus gave me the last small push i needed to go there once again.

• My Experience with the Event:To be quick, probably the best possible. I had a bit of everything in WvW, small group roaming, solo roaming, blob fights, everything i could possibly have hoped for. For the first time ever, i joined a voice comm to get into more organized fights (totally awesome btw!), and i learned a lot from it. I roamed with people i never seen, as if they were my friends: some small skirmishes with enemies were as fluid as it could've been (for our side, that is :P). Had several massive-scale fights (the reason I am here), just like the ol'days, totally unorganized stuff with aoes everywhere and people dropping left and right, the way I like, just for the fun. For the first time I managed to get to that last chest thing they added a while back as well, managed to catch up with all the new currencies and items they added, pretty good stuff. I remember when we didn't have like, any reward from playing WvW at all, today it feels like it's paradise! (tho this timer participation thing could have some look at). Almost used a full 24h celebration booster just this weekend (this doesn't feel right now that i'm saying it out-loud, but who cares? It was fun!)

I also used some of the PvE counterpart when farming berries as well. I liked the buff, it was really pleasuring when it triggered like 3-4 times in a single node, even more with those new glyphs, tho it wasn't as interesting as the XP one at least for me.

• Conclusion:Giff Moar Plisss ;)

Now tell me, how was YOUR experience with the weekend event? (You can talk about the Gathering or the Xp part, in any game mode you want)

Archived