So Revenant blocking... what happened?

TheDangelWolf.9367

Why do Revenants' have a trait in which you need to block to activate but no block? Imo I think they should combine it back with sword four put maybe put it on a slightly higher cooldown(maybe 1.5 sec.) and nerf the damage(about 75%). Because to be completely honest I think blocking would help alot in pve heck, if they let us use a new weapon(which we have so few of already compare 9 to15(the average number of weapons for the other heavy armor classes)and I just feel like revenant is the stepchild they have but don't want) they could put SOME block on it because that trait in devastation is honestly looking pretty useless right about now.

@TheRubberDucky.1045 said:as an example if you have aegis from a gaurdian and it blocks an attack the trait will activate if not on cd,Or if you hit someone that blocks your attack with aegis or even an over time blocking skill like warrior shield 5, you deal +25% of unblockable damage with your next attack to that target. That's pretty strong esp. if your next attack is also a stun like jade winds to break a block, deal high damage and create further burst momentum.

TL;DRThis is clearly a pvp focused trait. Pve players have two viable options: nefarious momentum and assassin's presence.

also staff 3 is a block.and shield 5

@KrHome.1920 said:

@TheRubberDucky.1045 said:as an example if you have aegis from a gaurdian and it blocks an attack the trait will activate if not on cd,Or if you hit someone that blocks your attack with aegis or even an over time blocking skill like warrior shield 5, you deal +25% of unblockable damage with your next attack to that target. That's pretty strong esp. if your next attack is also a stun like jade winds to break a block, deal high damage and create further burst momentum.

TL;DRThis is clearly a pvp focused trait. Pve players have two viable options: nefarious momentum and assassin's presence.

also staff 3 is a block.and shield 5

yes i derped on that for some reason

Didn't know that was a block i don't remember seeing blocked pop up... thought it was more of an evade/reflect. I see where your getting at but imo it would be better to block with something other than staff because i plan on going renegade not herald. And that still leaves more weapon options to be desired.

@TheDangelWolf.9367 said:Didn't know that was a block i don't remember seeing blocked pop up... thought it was more of an evade/reflect. I see where your getting at but imo it would be better to block with something other than staff because i plan on going renegade not herald. And that still leaves more weapon options to be desired.

The whole point of the trait is to punish blockers. They alone will trigger this trait. You don't even need to proc this yourself and infact you really don't want to as it will put it on CD when it's not needed.

The sword rework was overall sort of a buff, but you aren't alone in missing sword 4 block. That rework is something I miss more than even the old impossible odds. As good as S4+S5 spike combo is the block may be better overall.

It's especially a screw toward Renegade since the only real defensive skills renegade has access to are on staff. The lack of sustain and defensive utility on Renegade in general is the #1 thing that prevents it from being viable.

IMO Keep sword 5, bring block on S4 back and nerf damage by 25%.

@Justine.6351 said:

@TheDangelWolf.9367 said:Didn't know that was a block i don't remember seeing blocked pop up... thought it was more of an evade/reflect. I see where your getting at but imo it would be better to block with something other than staff because i plan on going renegade not herald. And that still leaves more weapon options to be desired.

The whole point of the trait is to punish blockers. They alone will trigger this trait. You don't even need to proc this yourself and infact you really don't want to as it will put it on CD when it's not needed.

Basically this...

Also, even if you had blocks for days, I can't think of a single situation that taking this would be a better choice than Assassin's Presence--which is one of the strongest traits in the game of any class.

@narcx.3570 said:

Basically this...

Also, even if you had blocks for days, I can't think of a single situation that taking this would be a better choice than Assassin's Presence--which is one of the strongest traits in the game of any class.

Hammer is slow and hard hitting so I take this trait. Believe it or not but I use this trait in pve too but that is more because I like to run mirror from wvw so not to confuse myself on what I have or don't. The trait is decent for pve blockers as well.

@narcx.3570 said:

Basically this...

I use it over AP, I feel like even 2 unblockables people don’t expect is better than 10% fero especially when my fero is already high as it is.

@Alveen.7239 said:

Basically this...

I use it over AP, I feel like even 2 unblockables people don’t expect is better than 10% fero especially when my fero is already high as it is.

I dunno, the limited window you have to pressure someone is usually very small... Every modifier helps and you're usually already opening with a block clear from Phase Traversal. Plus, it's 10% for everyone, which adds up.

@Justine.6351 said:Hammer is slow and hard hitting so I take this trait. Believe it or not but I use this trait in pve too but that is more because I like to run mirror from wvw so not to confuse myself on what I have or don't. The trait is decent for pve blockers as well.

yup, i only use AP if im the only rev in my squad or party. if theres enough or just even another rev in party ill take MR, hammer 2,3,5 all hit hard and if you get that proc they hit harder lulz

also, need more videos from you, keep the dream alive

Using Malicious Reprisal is actually a pretty strong counter if you're mirror matching another rev- in fact, most rev players think of it as a lame carry trait in the same vein as Hardening Persistence- when it comes to dueling, that is.

It's also especially good against warrior, guardian, and to a lesser extent thieves who use Bandit's Defense.

I was really fond of the trait before pof since you could use it to interrupt stuff like chrono, warrior, and herald shield blocks, hammer scrappers, and bandit's defense thieves (a lot harder because so much mobility for melee cc's). But then pof came and chrono's all turned into mirage or started using chaos for perma stability, warriors started using last stand to auto ignore your interrupts, shield heralds disappeared entirely, and bandits defense was even less common. There just weren't any channeled blocks left that you could interrupt with a good surge of the mists so I went back to assassin's presence. Even firebrand doesn't care much about the trait since all of its blocks will block 1 attack regardless of whether you use unblockable attacks or not.

Archived