Suggestion: Gem Store Sale Notification System

Hello :)

First off, apologies if this is the wrong board to post this in.

I'm a relatively casual player who doesn't have too much time to log in and play these days--mostly short 20-30-minute bursts every few days or so. I've had my eyes on a couple Gem Store items that aren't currently on sale (such as the Geomancer Glider and Phoenix Glider) for awhile now. Problem is, it's hard for me to camp the GW2 website/reddit for Gem Store updates, so I tend to miss when such items become available.

I'd like to request a feature that alerts us when these limited-edition items become available. Even a simple opt-in email subscription service that is solely devoted to Gem Store updates would be appreciated. Once you subscribe, you get an email that tells you which limited-time items have returned to the Store, for how long and for how much.

Thank you for your consideration!

@"Glenstorm.4059" said:

I'm a relatively casual player who doesn't have too much time to log in and play these days--mostly short 20-30-minute bursts every few days or so. I've had my eyes on a couple Gem Store items that aren't currently on sale (such as the Geomancer Glider and Phoenix Glider) for awhile now. Problem is, it's hard for me to camp the GW2 website/reddit for Gem Store updates, so I tend to miss when such items become available.

Third party tools such as http://gw2timer.com/ already offer this, as the API exposing the data is available. I believe that there are several mobile applications that also offer this facility. You may find one of those useful while you wait on ANet implementing this - or, perhaps, they never will, because those third party tools exist. Who knows.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"Glenstorm.4059" said:

Third party tools such as
already offer this, as the API exposing the data is available. I believe that there are several mobile applications that also offer this facility. You may find one of those useful while you wait on ANet implementing this - or, perhaps, they never will, because those third party tools exist. Who knows.

Thank you for this. I'm wondering how to use it. I have set alarms for both Glider skins, but do I need to have this webpage open at all times to be alerted? Or can it like send me an email or something?

Archived