"Greatly diminished presence of Awakened forces"? A trap?

Michram.6853

@Randulf.7614 said:I assume the box is what Joko through the portal? I can't remember if it was a box or a canisterJoko didn't throw anything through the portal, he shot the Asura gate with an energy beam to get it to activate, and then walked through his own portal with the scarab plauge canister.

At no point did he throw anything through the gates.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:I assume the box is what Joko through the portal? I can't remember if it was a box or a canister

Kinda figured that would be episode 3, not a current event. But now this event being st least a hint is giving be hope for a sea of sorrows map near southsun

I actually have a speculation about that from January 29, 2018. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26319/what-will-we-have-to-do-in-episode-2-of-lws4#latest

After 2 episodes I should change some map speculation for example adding to it the map north of Rata Sum. Well, Cantha seems not likely at all, but still 4 maybe 5 episodes are still ahead, so everything is possible. ;)

As I can see, this update comes in three forms:

1. A seemingly irrelevant survey on Southsun, about a rather silly question.... favorite household pet.
  2. The prior invasions got nerfed, from 3 invasions every hour to 1 invasion every hour. This reflects the destruction of Rata Primus, most likely, and may hint that Joko still has an asura gate somewhere else (likely to remain working for the sake of the permanent nature of the achievements), or may just be kept around to reflect "Awakened forces that were already transfered before the shut down". Given that they're being called "remnant" awakened, it's likely the latter.
  3. They're also now assaulting Southsun Cove, and this is called a "lost invasion" - based on dialogue with Ninn, these were the last forces to go through the gate before said gates' destruction in Rata Primus, and said destruction caused their destination to go off-course much like we experienced ourselves during The Charge.

Basically, this update seems to simply be a closure side story, specifically of the Rata Primus gate network subplot.

My only question is... WTF is up with that survey?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:As I can see, this update comes in three forms:

1. A seemingly irrelevant survey on Southsun, about a rather silly question.... favorite household pet.
  2. The prior invasions got nerfed, from 3 invasions every hour to 1 invasion every hour. This reflects the destruction of Rata Primus, most likely, and may hint that Joko still has an asura gate somewhere else (likely to remain working for the sake of the permanent nature of the achievements), or may just be kept around to reflect "Awakened forces that were already transfered before the shut down". Given that they're being called "remnant" awakened, it's likely the latter.
  3. They're also now assaulting Southsun Cove, and this is called a "lost invasion" - based on dialogue with Ninn, these were the last forces to go through the gate before said gates' destruction in Rata Primus, and said destruction caused their destination to go off-course much like we experienced ourselves during The Charge.

Basically, this update seems to simply be a closure side story, specifically of the Rata Primus gate network subplot.

My only question is... kitten is up with that survey?

Yeah I found this a little boring sadly. I think I'd prefer to see Current Events chronicle other things going on in the World that don't necs date as easily. Perhaps a consortium side story or maybe something from the orders, or really anything else going on in the World that doesn't have to directly tie in to the main story at all.

Also

Vote dog

Archived