Dervish outfit and scythe (a huge thanks)

It's really a nice touch, and a great add-on- looking amazing as ever with the nostalgic feeling aswell. I used the Arcance outfit before along with the Sun Scythe staff skin running around with my Daredevil character... pretending I was a Dervish. :(With this outfit it looks abit better indeed but I am still pissed that ANet wont even consider to atleast add Dervish as an Elite Spec, specially in our Elonian expansion! :angry:

I hope this finally nails the coffin to dervishs ever returning - suggestions here , as this outfit and weapon skins should make by now more than clear enough, that there is no intent by Anet to ever brign back Dervishsx as a new class, or new spec or whatever..

They kind of exist now officially just as an outfit together with a fittign staff skin, so that basicalyl every class which can wield a staff can be potentially turned visualyl now into a dervish ...

Make yourself an elementalist with staff, use that skin and outfit and swap back and forth between air and earth attunement, there you have your dervish now basically ..., or like mentioned above, for a more melee orientated wannabe dervish..use daredevil

Yeah GOOD JOB ANET on riuning my hopes of ever getting back in GW2 one of the best classes I ever played...Cool scythe and outfit you made there, too bad it doesn't come with the cool spinning moves and skills from the actual Dervish!Good luck to everybody looking the same with this outfit on, I will continue matching sets of armors and collecting scythes skins to at least enjoy a little being different from the masses....ps: sorry for the rant, not meaning it 100%, I'm just soooo pissed about it.

@artemis.6781 said:Just wanted to give a shout out to the team for these 2 skins! Thanks!

I find them pointless since they do not fit any current profession. (I was hoping for an elite spec for the Warrior or Revenant or anything remotely martial).

On a different note, have you noticed the two faces that appear when you move with the weapon (within the sand effect)? One is Grenth, but who is the woman? Melonni? And why Grenth, since it's a Dervish scythe and not the Scythe of the Reaper?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@artemis.6781 said:Just wanted to give a shout out to the team for these 2 skins! Thanks!

I find them pointless since they do not fit any current profession. (I was hoping for an elite spec for the Warrior or Revenant or anything remotely martial).

On a different note, have you noticed the two faces that appear when you move with the weapon (within the sand effect)?
One is Grenth, but who is the woman? Melonni? And why Grenth, since it's a Dervish scythe and not the Scythe of the Reaper?

My guess is Dwayna or Melandru (or Lyssa). As for why, Dervishes became Avatars of the gods. Now, why did they put those two specific gods' faces? No idea.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:My guess is Dwayna or Melandru (or Lyssa). As for why, Dervishes became Avatars of the gods. Now, why did they put those two specific gods' faces? No idea.

Actually, when you move it real fast in the preview window, you see a total of 5 (?) faces. The Gods?

The most I've been able to see is three. But it's very possible I'm just missing the other two. So, if there are 5 of them, that'd make even more sense.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:The most I've been able to see is three. But it's very possible I'm just missing the other two. So, if there are 5 of them, that'd make even more sense.

Three could be accurate, actually.

P.S. I don't understand ANet's affinity to chains or leather straps and the like on weapon skins. They ruin them for me. And those ugly spikes... :(

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:My guess is Dwayna or Melandru (or Lyssa). As for why, Dervishes became Avatars of the gods. Now, why did they put those two specific gods' faces? No idea.

Actually, when you move it real fast in the preview window, you see a total of 5 (?) faces. The Gods?

The most I've been able to see is three. But it's very possible I'm just missing the other two. So, if there are 5 of them, that'd make even more sense.

I haven't really seen all 6 yet. But I also haven't played with it too much. I grabbed it as soon as it came out because I thought it was a really nice looking staff skin that wasn't flashy or pinkle (pink/purple mash)!

@Orpheal.8263 said:I hope this finally nails the coffin to dervishs ever returning - suggestions here , as this outfit and weapon skins should make by now more than clear enough, that there is no intent by Anet to ever brign back Dervishsx as a new class, or new spec or whatever..

They kind of exist now officially just as an outfit together with a fittign staff skin, so that basicalyl every class which can wield a staff can be potentially turned visualyl now into a dervish ...

Make yourself an elementalist with staff, use that skin and outfit and swap back and forth between air and earth attunement, there you have your dervish now basically ..., or like mentioned above, for a more melee orientated wannabe dervish..use daredevil

I hope they bring back the Paragon in the next expansion.

Those of us that played GW1 might recall the devs saying they were working on a paragon overhaul right before they discontinued skill updates. You still owe us ANET. That paragon buff has been coming soon for almost 5 years.

@Glenstorm.4059 said:Yep, huge nostalgia blast.

Still sad that I won't actually be able to play a Dervish in GW2, seeing as how the class was cannibalized by the others, but at least I can play dress-up and pretend :p

Never say never!!Maybe they'll add scythes as a weapon in a coming expansion and then add the Dervish and update it to stand on its own.

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:I hope this finally nails the coffin to dervishs ever returning - suggestions here , as this outfit and weapon skins should make by now more than clear enough, that there is no intent by Anet to ever brign back Dervishsx as a new class, or new spec or whatever..

I hope they bring back the Paragon in the next expansion.

Those of us that played GW1 might recall the devs saying they were working on a paragon overhaul right before they discontinued skill updates. You still owe us ANET. That paragon buff has been coming soon for almost 5 years.

Wont happen as well... if you search paragons.. play Guardian.. thats the most kind of "Paragon", you'll ever see in GW2.Sorry, I know, this is somethign that you don't want to hear, but if ANet would have actually the intention to give this game paragons, then we would have received them already with the Main Game.. but the class provides absolutely nothing of worth, that could have not been merged just into either the Warrior, or has been given to the Guardian already...

They are doen with Paragon alread,y there exists already the classical Paragon Outfit.. play warrior with that paragon outfit on - done.. only thign missign to make thigns perfect woudl be that anet needs to fix finally the underwater system, merge harpoon guns with rifles, merge staffs with tridents and make spears instead polearms Weapons, which can be used on land as like on land and give Warrior as next E-Specc something like the Gladiator, which fights then with polearms, so that you can have basicalyl a spear throwing pseduo-oaragon as Gladiator spec using warrior combinated with the Paragon-Outfit ..

Thats most likely as far as thigns will go and have a chance of beign realized this way... and thats me thinking optimistically about this topic ...

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:Yeah it looks really good. I got it asap.No one is gonna point out that the bones are literally stuck and are stretching with the cloths of this outfit while moving instead of acting independently like they actually did on the original armor in GW1?Not only does it look awful in comparison, it looks unnatural and weird. Nostalgia is fun, but they butchered it with this one. When they're doing the boring choice of making it an outfit instead of actual armor skins, they could at least pay attention to the details when porting over skins like this.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Glenstorm.4059 said:Yep, huge nostalgia blast.

Still sad that I won't actually be able to play a Dervish in GW2, seeing as how the class was cannibalized by the others, but at least I can play dress-up and pretend :p

Never say never!!Maybe they'll add scythes as a weapon in a coming expansion and then add the Dervish and update it to stand on its own.

haha

no

scythes are now staves, 2h axes are hammers etc, there won't be dervish profession ever in gw2, especially because it's human centric profession

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:

@Orpheal.8263 said:I hope they bring back the Paragon in the next expansion.

Since the next expac is likely to be Cantha, it would make no sense to introduce the Paragon (neither as a new profession, nor as a new elite spec). Besides, it has become clear that ANet does not intend to ever release any new weapon types, either.

@Martimus.6027 said:Never say never!!Maybe they'll add scythes as a weapon in a coming expansion and then add the Dervish and update it to stand on its own.

Dream on. ;)

@Lazze.9870 said:No one is gonna point out that the bones literally sticks to and stretches with the cloths of this outfit instead of acting indepedently like they actually did on the original armor in GW1?

Yeah, that's quite awful and one of the reasons I didn't buy the outfit.

Not only does it look awful in comparison, it looks unnatural and weird. Nostalgia is fun, but they butchered it with this one. When they're doing the boring choice of making it an outfit instead of actual armor skins, they could at least pay attention to the details when porting over skins like this.

:+1:

I don't think Dervish as a profession is ever coming back, as much as I wish it would. My hunch is that Anet is done introducing new professions in favor of Elite specs, and with Elona already out in an expansion, the chances of a Dervish-type Elite spec coming in the future are next to zero. Besides, almost every aspect of the Dervish, from mechanics to combat role to skill names to flavor, has been claimed by other professions. I feel comfortable extrapolating this line of thinking to include Paragon and Ritualist as well.

It does suck that the bones on the armor stick to the cloth, while they were separate in the original game. Still, it's a nice outfit and throwback, and an authentically Dervish outfit at that. I'm happy with it.

Archived