Zone Blobs

MarkBecks.6453

when I started playing almost 6 years ago, we lost a lot of players due to the lag that spoiled the game play. We have come down the road 6 years later, and we back to one zone blob on our home bl's, which seems the modus operandi for most servers. The zone blobs are causing huge lag again, and I would like to suggest that if zone blobs persist, that the number of players trying to enter a map are choked for a time period to restrict the skill lag. I have suggested before that if a group of more than 20 players in a group are within 10,000 feet of each other, then maybe vulnerability to the whole squad will cause squads to be smaller.The positive side to the linking, is their is more activity in WvW, and it fulfils the current need, its just 6 years later we gone round the same mountain and I have seen many suggestions, but nothing to deal with the inherent problem of a full zone blob.

Age old adage: Safety in Numbers.

People will blob because the damage system encourages it. 5 target skills... Not having a cap on the number of players would help to break up the Zerg, (to a small point) but it would Likely increase the lag.

As people get more Comfortable, they start to break up some into smaller groups: i.e. Guild groups of 20-30, or smaller havoc groups of 5-10.

Adding more calculations to the server won't help with the lag. Incentivizing groups to split up will. How to do that? Great question. This forum is littered with thoughts.,,

Well not much point roaming or running small groups with the high burst one shot or cheese builds around.Unless you're going to run one too, but there are lot of specs that can't compete in that so they run in zergs instead. It will also always be easier to do stuff in groups.

Lag is never going away, with the terrible amazon servers that can't handle prime time loads, or all the calculations that have to be made with all the kitten flying around in combat these days compared to 5 years ago.

Archived