Retaliation Revenant

Arkantos.7460

Looks promising. I'll try this weekend; my only doubt is how well will work vs builds which hit from stealth (because stability is only granted after evadings). Current retaliation core Guard is pretty strong, albeit they do take advantage of using valkyrie and they don't need to sacrifice damage.

I tried this. It has multiple hard counters, primarily anything with boon removal or corruption. And without shiro’s mobility, it can be a sitting duck in many situations. And jailis still has major energy issues.

It can be good against power non-burst builds.

I tried something like this before the nerfs to retribution. I managed to get a few p/p thieves to kill themselves, always hilarious to see, but nothing impressive beyond that. You're going to have trouble with anything that isn't a spammy, glass cannon or, as otto said, anything that strips/corrupts boons.

@otto.5684 said:I tried this. It has multiple hard counters, primarily anything with boon removal or corruption. And without shiro’s mobility, it can be a sitting duck in many situations. And jailis still has major energy issues.

Check the build. Uses Shiro + Glint. The builds that hard counters this one weakening the output damage through boon removal/corruption are the same that hard counters classical power Herald through removing fury and migth. I'm not saying that this one is better, but I'll try a bit before making any assumptions.

@Buran.3796 said:

@otto.5684 said:I tried this. It has multiple hard counters, primarily anything with boon removal or corruption. And without shiro’s mobility, it can be a sitting duck in many situations. And jailis still has major energy issues.

Check the build. Uses Shiro + Glint. The builds that hard counters this one weakening the output damage through boon removal/corruption are the same that hard counters classical power Herald through removing fury and migth. I'm not saying that this one is better, but I'll try a bit before making any assumptions.

I did open it, but I missed that ?. You are correct. You would be giving up damage for a sustainability, but otherwise similar to dev/inv/herald.

@"Buran.3796" said:Tried it. Is decent in sustain but the ticks from retaliation are really weak (~350 damage) and doesn't replace the damage lost in the transition from marauder to paladin and davastation to retribution.

ive used it in several platin matches and i can stay alive very long,yu have of curse less dps BUT in exchange to deal more dps over time what a normal power rev CANT DO so i assume its also viable if yu have good dps classes in your grphttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFZlRNgEagNmd6xu6sDH-jJxHAB0XGQ89H++JAAwpAAAa lil modified... also only for real skilled players ... nothing for noobies

Archived