It is necessary to say thank you.

Why? Why is this necessary?

ZHYvjg4.png

That is why. I have a Dervish.

Recommendation: this works best on a Daredevil, because the Daredevil's moves are the most Dervish-ish of all the staff users, mostly because they use a staff as a hitting stick rather than a great big magic wand.

So thank you to the designers at ArenaNet for letting me have a Dervish again.

@Controlla.7241 said:actually rev works best as dervish especially because staffs autoattack (rejuvenating assault) is a dervish move but yeah daredevil works as well I guess

Hmm. I'll admit to not having really looked at Rev/Staff one way or another. Is it good in solo-PvE, compared to, say, Hammer or Sword/Shield (Herald) ?

@Controlla.7241 said:actually rev works best as dervish especially because staffs autoattack (rejuvenating assault) is a dervish move but yeah daredevil works as well I guess

Agree.. though tbh I think both rev and daredev have good dervish appeals... much respect for this new skin and nice picky.. maybe this is just the pre-cursor to what's in the pipeline---fingers crossed

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Controlla.7241" said:actually rev works best as dervish especially because staffs autoattack (rejuvenating assault) is a dervish move but yeah daredevil works as well I guess

Hmm. I'll admit to not having really looked at Rev/Staff one way or another. Is it good in solo-PvE, compared to, say, Hammer or Sword/Shield (Herald) ?

Staff Rev is an excellent support weapon. It has an "ok" Autoattack chain, a solid block, a little group heal/cleanse and one of the best Breakbar killers in the game. It's not a great damage weapon, but it's very strong utility/support. It makes a good second weapon set on a power build but for damage that you need soloing it will never be your "go-to" weapon.It is however, in my mind, better than hammer for solo PvE unless you absolutely need hammer's range. I use staff with sword/sword herald for solo and duo play. Damage on the swords, staff when I need to wreck a breakbar or get a quick cleanse or block.For solo play it's a fun weapon.

Archived