Drunk Engi is dead... but i've born a new build!

Ivantreil.3092

RIP Drunk Engi

The massive amount of boon corruption/removal just put this build that i have spent a lot on it on his knees.I was getting annihilated against Scourges, Spellbreakers just destroyed the damage of this build.Boon spamming doesnt work in this meta anymore...

When i did the Drunk Engi, and tried to make it more known publishing it in MetaBattle, i did it because i wanted a build where Rifle was the star, not a damage kit, not another weapon, the Rifle, a good kit-less Rifle build.

And this build did it's purpose for 4 seasons, some good, some bad for me...

But, i still want a good rifle build, nad now, i have seen myself forced to re-see what stuff could keep Rifle in a kit-less theme.... fortunately, i found it.

Berserker Rifle!

Berserker stats!? do you want to kill yourself!?, i know, besides Warrior, no other class has managed to make this stat workout without getting owned.And yes, i have died, but died in a normal ratio as any other build.

Marauder was my original plan, but the damage output, was... meh, it felt like Seekers but worse, if my shots are gonna be slow, they better hit hard, that's why i reached to the resolution that berserker was the way to go.

But, if you are like me, and played Drunk Engi, you should be already used to have a low vitality compared to anything else, and still manage to survive, its totally similar to the current Deadeye, except, at the good Engi style.

The build in question: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh6rYbXw8Kw6FLDG1XAsetn47UChw4C2gHGA-jJRQABf/AAU/CAgSZAA2fAA

How it works

To make this new kit-less build workout and not suffer like Drunk Engi, it obviously had to be less boon dependant, so Elixir B, H, and X were removed, i have been tempted to bring back X, but i feel like it would backfire in this current meta, anyone is free to try Elixir X and see if it's still worth the Rampage.

Healing turret, no need to explain, hands down the best healing skill we have.

Elixir S is kept, obviously it is still an amazing defensive utility, and still a great way to stomp.

Utility Googles, I brought it because i considered it's toolbelt to be good as a door of burst with its 10 stacks of vulnerability, and of course, it's a utility dedicated for cc breaks, + blind immunity.

Elixir U, in Drunk Engi, it was used mainly as a quickness provider, but in this build, it's function is different, now you use it for the cc break instead of for the boons, the real reason i kept it is because the build needs a source of projectile hate, and his toolbelt satisfies this need.

Supply Crate A 120cd stun with some OK damage, the real reason i took it is because it's toolbelt is the star here, the Healing Turret alone it's not good enough for remove conditions, his toolbelt is the answer to this, it will be your answer against condition bombs with its full removal + healing.

Also, you can use it for remove conditons to your team, great!.

The traits are:

Alchemy, of course, any competent build needs this trait, it's a staple.

Tools, for the reveal, and the cd reduction in the Utility Googles and in the Toolbelts.

Explosives, a straight offensive power improvement.

The best part of this is that the build is core, no need of Expansions, i have not tested it with Holosmith because i don't have the expansion yet, feel free to make a Holosmith variant if you see a door on this.

Some fresh results from ranked: https://imgur.com/a/OXTMG

Sorry, but it is really terrible. It could work in 2012, but now right now. If I wanted to be masochist and play core glass engi, I would go with Static discharge build. This build's only source of dmg is rifle, which is fully reflectable and only source of defence is elixir S. Just no.

Archived