A good starter build?

Piccolo.7296

I would say it would depend on where you plan on playing, would it be group or solo? Though stats wise, i would suggest starting with Solider lkike stats (gear with Vitality and Toughness) then slowly add in more power stats in as you get more comfortable with the class. I can only comment on WvW as thats all i play:

Staff: Better for Zergs and group fightsDagger/Dagger: Good solo, solid offense and defense. Good mobilityDagger/Focus: Good solo, Better defense than Dagger/Dagger but MUCH worse mobility.Scepter/Focus: Great Single target, Decent AoE damage, takes time to learn, great burst damage and defense. Again much worse mobility

If you are going to be Zergging or team play, i would recommend the Staff. Good damage, safe near the back and options to run if things go south. Roaming wise solo I would say Dagger/Dagger or Dagger/Focus is the better option mostly as Scepter becomes VERY tricky against the likes of Theives and Mesmers due to stealth and very limit damage options when you dont have a target.

I would say learn the base ele before you move onto Tempest or Weaver, this will give you time to practice and decide if you like the class enough to invest in the elite specs.

@Piccolo.7296 said:Hi!

What would you recommend a good starter build for someone who has never play this profession? Would Power gear with Staff be okay? If I do that, do I play Fire or Lighting? I used the free boost on an Elementalist. I'm a casual player and mainly do PvE stuff.

I'd recommend Dagger/Dagger if you want to spend any time in Air. It's a lot of fun with good damage and utility. If you go Staff, you'll do your damage in Fire and should avoid Air if you want to damage your target. Air Staff is good for CCs, just don't expect much damage at all. Honestly, keep a pair of daggers and a staff so you can switch up as needed. There are benefits to both.

Archived