Skritt or Quaggans as Playable Race — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Skritt or Quaggans as Playable Race

Zibbles.6349Zibbles.6349 Member ✭✭
edited April 25, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What if Anet made quaggans or skritt playable and made every voice line in the content before they were introduced something like the quaggan saying something along the lines of "coo, quaggan angry", or for the skritt something about shinnies for every line of dialog. I'd probably be laughing myself silly if this happened.....

Comments

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Skritt, yes. Quaggans... should be made into soup and never speak again!

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here, let me fix that for ya:

I'd probably be crying in annoyance if this happened.....

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

that sounds about as fun as trying to come up with analogies that won't get me banned from these forums. which is not at all

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• OrbitalButt.5708OrbitalButt.5708 Member ✭✭✭

I would rather be rolled into a drainage ditch filled with itching powder and broken glass

• Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

I would really, really love to be a quaggan Tempest. AND MANUALLY Coo at everything. Every. Single. Thing.

I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

As much as I love Quaggans, I’ll have to go with neither.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would love both, but Skritt will be my instant favourite, no doubt.
    Frankly, between an annoying gullible quaggan and an annoying self-righteous kodan, I prefer the quaggan a thousand times.

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

Skritt and Quaggan players? I wouldn't rez either one of them, and run right by.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

Play as asura - they are just chunkier versions of skritt. Or perhaps skritt are skinnier versions of asura....
    At the end of the day both are rodents of some sort.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Skritt are great as the open world NPCs they are. They're good comic relief in small doses and turn interesting the more you have.
    Quaggan on the other hand never did it for me. For all I care, I wouldn't mind receiving an ingame mail and maybe a cutscene with some fancy Largos informing me that Sbubbles has eaten/turned them all and I must avenge them in GuildWars2: Tides of Tuna.

In short: Nope and nope. I'd rather have ANet develop other things like a new expansion and if we have to get new races, which is unlikely to happen, I'd rather not have the comic relief ones.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

Neither makes any sense to be playable in my opinion. Non of the minor races that you can help during personal story does.
    I do like them. They are cute and funny, but part of their greatness is their unplayableness.

• Samuel.4812Samuel.4812 Member ✭✭✭

Omg id make so many new characters if quaggan was available. I wouldnt even mind having no personal story! Though i wonder why we couldnt just bundle a bunch of new fun races into the same personal story with a particular theme separate from the rest - in order to properly support lore. My two cents.

• Cronospere.8143Cronospere.8143 Member ✭✭✭

Both don't have magic though. So it would mean a whole new shiny experience! No elementist skritt. But pvp matches with throwing bottles and sticks. OP ofcourse!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.