Best way to earn geodes

I'm targeting the fossil weapons, so I would like to know the best ways to farm geodes.

I know about doing events and the reward track in WvW. But, I would be interested in what people think about their geode-generating rate.

Also, are there any other ways to earn geodes besides Dry Top events and WvW?

Best is to combine them all at once. WvW reward track, Map Completing on alts, grinding the events. Do whatever of those you feel up to at any given time. When you have enough keys, spend a couple sandstorms just opening the chests for the fossils and make sure your magic find is high.

Honestly though this collection really did test my love for the game.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Do as many events as you can during the sandstorms. If you can join an organized run, that also helps. Make sure to only buy recipes on a T6 map if possible.

There’s really no other reliable way outside of reward tracks and events.

Why the sandstorms? Do they generate more?

And, how do I find T6? I don't believe I've ever seen a map get to T6.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:If you have several characters, or have an abundance of Tomes and an open character slot, you can do map completion for 100 geodes each time. It's pretty fast with mounts!

I do have a lot of characters.

Without a griffon, can you do map completion without doing the storyline missions? There's that closed door where Scarlet lived, and I haven't found a way over the cliffs without doing the missions.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:If you have several characters, or have an
abundance
of Tomes and an open character slot, you can do map completion for 100 geodes each time. It's pretty fast with mounts!

Without a griffon, can you do map completion without doing the storyline missions? There's that closed door where Scarlet lived, and I haven't found a way over the cliffs without doing the missions.

Dry Top can be completed 100% without mounts or story. Done even half-lazy efficiently, mounts shave off at least half the time. You can do it with just bunny; Griffon speeds it up more.

Open community in EU does weekly runs of dry top. They usually get to T5-T6. Other than that, if youre a pvp or wvw player, I would strongly recommend you do the reward tracks. I got all weapons that way,easily enough.Another thing you can use is the tyrian voucher, which gets you 150 geodes. Map completion is easy enough for another 100 (plus the chance for a bl key).

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Open community in EU does weekly runs of dry top. They usually get to T5-T6. Other than that, if youre a pvp or wvw player, I would strongly recommend you do the reward tracks. I got all weapons that way,easily enough.Another thing you can use is the tyrian voucher, which gets you 150 geodes. Map completion is easy enough for another 100 (plus the chance for a bl key).

What is "open community"?

Thank you!

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Do as many events as you can during the sandstorms. If you can join an organized run, that also helps. Make sure to only buy recipes on a T6 map if possible.

Because all of the events will be at the highest earned tier so it’s more efficient use of your time. You’ll get more geodes in the last 20 min of the hours than you will the first 20 min.

The only way to get a T6 is with an organized run. It’s not something that can be obtained unless people actively work towards it. I think the highest you can expect with a random map is T4. For NA, SAND still does runs. For EU, I think it’s their open community, or whatever it is, that runs it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Because all of the events will be at the highest earned tier so it’s more efficient use of your time. You’ll get more geodes in the last 20 min of the hours than you will the first 20 min.

The only way to get a T6 is with an organized run. It’s not something that can be obtained unless people actively work towards it. I think the highest you can expect with a random map is T4. For NA, SAND still does runs. For EU, I think it’s their open community, or whatever it is, that runs it.

Do you by chance know when this group SAND does the runs on NA?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:If you have several characters, or have an
abundance
of Tomes and an open character slot, you can do map completion for 100 geodes each time. It's pretty fast with mounts!

Dry Top can be completed 100% without mounts or story. Done even half-lazy efficiently, mounts shave off at least half the time. You can do it with just bunny; Griffon speeds it up more.

This. I did all my map completions on Dry Top before PoF was ever announced, and about half of them on characters who just went there without the story even active. If memory serves, you go through the first jumping-crystal part into Prospect Valley, then down the little canyon behind the medical tent near the WP, and there are jump-up crystals that let you get onto the upper rocks there, and you can get into the part where the centaurs live in that way, and from there into the rest of the western half of the zone.

I done mine very recently under two months casual play .. are u in EU??I did few dry top map completions. Each map completion is under 10 mins and reward 100 geodes . While u do map completion, open chest during storm event for insects. Eu community does weekly dry top t6 run you can tag along for more geodes and buy recipe at T6

@artemis.6781 said:

Do you by chance know when this group SAND does the runs on NA?

http://drytopsand.com

You can also follow their leader on twitter who will give announcements.

https://twitter.com/drytopsand?lang=en

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:If you have several characters, or have an abundance of Tomes and an open character slot, you can do map completion for 100 geodes each time. It's pretty fast with mounts!

I used to do this fairly regularly even before mounts with my weekly keyrunner.

Use birthday scrolls to start and If you do level up all the way, map completion for Dry Top, Southsun and Bloodstone Fen should take less than an hour and in addition to the map currency rewards, there is also a chance to obtain extra BL Keys.

@"Rauderi.8706" said:Maguuma Wastes Reward Track Finishing it gives 300 Geodes total.Trying to do events in Dry Top is a pitiful waste of time. You maybe get 3-4 per event, and those events don't spawn quickly or evenly.

You might get lucky on a weekly key run and get a Tyrian Exchange Voucher, which also gives 300.

Unless you need the fossils doing DT is much faster than the reward track. Even without any organized group. Just need to figure out which events you prefer doing and can be completed quickly then do them. Also try to get the bonus for bonus tendril events. During the sandstorm if you don't have a group to do the champs there are a bunch of easily soloable events too.

gw2timer.com is a nice reference for spawn times

Don't know if someone said it already, but here are some options:

• To complete the area Dry Top - what goes fairly fast - brings 100 geodes at once, and it is repeatable.
  • To complete the Dry Top reward track in WvW brings 100 geodes (plus those we get along doing it), and it is repeatable.
  • If you like gambling, the Tyrian Voucher of the black lion chest offers 300 geodes in the list of possible currencies.

Personally, at time I was working out the amber weapons, I started with standard farming via events and such, but it was by far too slow, even more as I am not someone who like to stuck whole playing time doing one thing only. Then, I started completing the area with all my toons, what helped a lot but I do not have an infinite amount of toons! =) That's when I started to activate - and repeat - the Dry Top WvW reward track: This is what made it definitely faster.

Though, all in all, depending how many you need, it will take a while. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips! I'm up to only needing two more insects, and 10 more recipes. I've completed the WvW track now three times, working on number 4. It's slow going for a non-WvWer, but it's a lot faster than doing events in Dry Top.

I am also taking all my level 80 toons through mapping it. Once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty quickly.

However, I still haven't seen a tier 6. Yesterday, there were quite a few tier 5s, because it was event day. I'm going to save up for my last 10 until either I see a tier 6 (with 3400), or when I have 4000. With 4000, I only need tier 5.

I wish they would let you sell the insects, though. The real gate is the geodes, so the insects become garbage once you get the last one.

Anyhow, thanks to all!

@Daddicus.6128 said:Thanks for all the tips! I'm up to only needing two more insects, and 10 more recipes. I've completed the WvW track now three times, working on number 4. It's slow going for a non-WvWer, but it's a lot faster than doing events in Dry Top.

I am also taking all my level 80 toons through mapping it. Once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty quickly.

However, I still haven't seen a tier 6. Yesterday, there were quite a few tier 5s, because it was event day. I'm going to save up for my last 10 until either I see a tier 6 (with 3400), or when I have 4000. With 4000, I only need tier 5.

I wish they would let you sell the insects, though. The real gate is the geodes, so the insects become garbage once you get the last one.

Anyhow, thanks to all!

EU community organise T6 once a week.

Archived