Deep sea dragon — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Deep sea dragon

So what's happening with the deep sea dragon? Will we ever run into its minions? What has the deep sea dragon been up to since zhaitan and mordremoth have died? Its minions are made of water right? Any chance the deep sea dragons minions are capable of shapeshifting into npcs and are manipulating the battle against the other elder dragons from the shadows?

Tagged:

Comments

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any new info on the DSD would be amazing, actually. Please share with us whatever you can, please!

• Even a yes/no on whether we'll learn more soon would be cool. Info has been scarce on Bubbles for a while now; I feel like Whispers or the Priority has to know something we don't!

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2018

I'd love to hear what ANet is going with the Deep Sea Dragon! It has to be something big since keeping one of the elder dragon hidden for so long and it has been a mysterious ever since we got the knowledge about it.
    No minions has been seen. Even the Inquest's labs have still unfinished constructure of the Deep Sea Dragon or still havent capture any minions of it.
    Tell us anything about the water-dragon!

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Rephrasing, do you have widespread lore sketched out for the Dragon and its minions? You don't have to give any actual details, but it would be interesting to see how much you have covered internally, even allowing for it to change as story necessitates it.

Also, there was that much discussed cutscene in PoF that alluded to being the Water Dragon. Was that intended to be it?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

I still think it's name is Puff, that Magic Dragon lived by the sea after all.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LinseyMurdock.4165 said:
    It amuses me to call s/he Selbbub. That's all I'm giving you.

Har har, very funny, but we DO know it's name starts with an S, and we know, that Taimi knows what it's called, and she's read up on it somewhere!

Better get a wriggle on.

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zibbles.6349 said:
    So what's happening with the deep sea dragon? Will we ever run into its minions? What has the deep sea dragon been up to since zhaitan and mordremoth have died? Its minions are made of water right? Any chance the deep sea dragons minions are capable of shapeshifting into npcs and are manipulating the battle against the other elder dragons from the shadows?

Mordremoth didn't die. You cannot kill the hero of the Sylvari, who will lead them to freedom from the oppression of the pact.

• I guess the deep sea dragon kinda gives off a Cthulhu like vibe in terms of how little is known and how powerful and aquatic it is.

• @LinseyMurdock.4165 said:

snorts her tea

• starts with an s....
    *taimi begins knocking *
    knock knock knock... "sheldon?"
    knock knock knock "sheldon?"
    knock knock knock "sheldon?"
    *suddenly, DSD appears through the door.

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

I have wondered about the death of Dragons, and not so much IF they can die, but IF their sphere of influence can remain void for long.

Much in the same way we had Glint and the Pale Tree as Dragon Heralds that turned against their masters control, Glint though some ritual by the Forgotten, and the Pale Tree though the power of Ventari's tablet, but both of them made it clear that their position could not be left Void, Glint was Replaced by Shatter, and the Pale Tree by the Shadow of the Dragon, but, this also leaves us with the Egg of Glint and some other "Tree".

But Since Glint Could have Eggs and other offspring (Vlast/Aurene) and Pale Tree perhaps Seedling(?) and other Offspring, why not the Elder Dragons themselves having offspring, a heir that will inherit their power if/when they die.

I mean we know, that while the Elder Dragons may be old, they were not immortal, they are flesh and bone, they were born, and they can die, that means there was at one time, a Parent to Mordermoth, who for some reason or another died, and their power and sphere of control went to Mordermoth.

As such, we can expect that there will be a Seedling of Modermoth, not a shard of them, or some aspect of them hidden away, but a unique individual seedling, that will have it's own feelings, thoughts and goals.. which, could be a great expansion story for the Sylvari, to find the Offspring of Modermoth, and bring that to the Pale Tree, so it can be free to make it's choices.

Would be a nice break from all the human focused stories we have going on.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

@Jessica Price II.9813 said:

snorts her tea

So, if/when Selbbub enters the game, this has got to be one of the mechanics. (Pretty please :smirk: )

Snorts Her Tea (Glamour)
    Laugh and snort bloodstone dust out your nose, infusing your enemies with magic. Foes who deliver a death blow to your allies convert that damage into healing you. If the effect expires, gain anti-oxidants appropriate to the elder dragon power channeled at the time.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I don't get the joke.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.