Previously Removed Maps and Content — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Previously Removed Maps and Content

narwhalsbend.7059narwhalsbend.7059 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 26, 2018 in Apr 2018: Lore
  • In the case of the Crown Pavilion, it makes little sense that Kryta would throw so much money at it, and only ever use it once. You could open the area for holidays at least.
  • As for the Labyrinthine Cliffs, why not just leave the map open? It's far away from most other maps so it's not interfering, and there are other maps 'stuck in time' as well.
  • Would it be possible to have an instance of the old Lion's Arch?
  • How much has a re-introduction of LWS1 events been explored? I'd like to play those again.

In general, it would be nice to have some of the removed content re-added in some capacity.

Comments

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2018

I was going to ask for this too, in a more directly lore related way: What has happened with the Zephirites since the last time we saw them? Haven't they regrouped, returned to their safe havens, reconstructed? Shouldn't make sense to return Labyrinthine Cliffs in a slightly up to date status? It was a beautiful map, and it deserves to be visited again.

• And old festivals like Dragon Bash?

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Greener.6204Greener.6204 Member ✭✭✭

@Ardid.7203 said:
    I was going to ask for this too, in a more directly lore related way: What has happened with the Zephirites since the last time we saw them? Haven't they regrouped, returned to their safe havens, reconstructed? Shouldn't make sense to return Labyrinthine Cliffs in a slightly up to date status? It was a beautiful map, and it deserves to be visited again.

The Zephyrites were a nomadic group whose home crashed in Dry Top. With their raison d'etre also complete, what motivations would they have as a small group of survivors?

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Greener.6204 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:

The Zephyrites were a nomadic group whose home crashed in Dry Top. With their raison d'etre also complete, what motivations would they have as a small group of survivors?

To keep living? They may have an objective somewhat fulfilled (to a certain point), but they also had a whole culture, traditions, ways for substaining their life, etc. Will all that just dissapear because we take the problem with us? Also they can't be so few: Laberynthine Cliffs was a complex map, a whole city, I'm sure there must be more Zephirites (or their relatives) out there, that weren't on the crashed ship.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2018

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:

• As for the Labyrinthine Cliffs, why not just leave the map open? It's far away from most other maps so it's not interfering, and there are other maps 'stuck in time' as well.

Exactly. I did Belcher Bluff yesterday and was disappointed that the Grandmaster has been relocated away from the Labyrinthine Cliffs as well. It wasn't spared removal even for this.

• Would it be possible to have an instance of the old Lion's Arch?

I already suggested Old Lion's Arch to be introduced as a VIP pass area <3 in the Mist instead of the real world -- a historical copy frozen in time, so to speak, mystical much like the Mistlock Sanctuary.

• How much has a re-introduction of LWS1 events been explored? I'd like to play those again.

Oh, how I would love to have this answered from an official source! :)

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    I already suggested Old Lion's Arch to be introduced as a VIP pass area <3 in the Mist instead of the real world -- a historical copy frozen in time, so to speak, mystical much like the Mistlock Sanctuary.

No thanks, we don't need another gem store "pass area" and I want to be able to take a party into it at least.

• @Greener.6204 said:

There was also a recent crash in Destiny's Gorge it seems.

• @narwhalsbend.7059 said:

@Greener.6204 said:

There was also a recent crash in Destiny's Gorge it seems.

Destiny's Gorge was their pre-flight home, was the impression I got.

The people there now are refugees from Joko.

• Reincarnatie.7254Reincarnatie.7254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

+1(000000) for LWS1 story journal replayability and accessibility to pre-Scarlet Lion's Arch.

| Aivreanh - Spring - Dragonhunter | Lydaeia - Summer - Soulbeast | Eineanh - Autumn - Tempest | Miaera - Winter - Spellbreaker | Ixyrra - Statics - Inventor | Ymrii - Synergetics - Reaper | Jeide Luen - Noble - Daredevil | Nayerlu Vespertine - Ash - Renegade | Hrijn Eivorsdottir - Raven - Mirage |

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

For the Pavilion I would love to see it become part of a new recurring festival somewhere in Summer between SAB and Halloween. Since the cage fights could become extremely easy with new elite specializations, maybe there could be a restriction or reward limitation for not using just Core specializations, or separate yearly rewards for using specific builds provided by the Master of Gambits, since now NPCs can give you builds like Quartermaster Criswell, the level 80 mentor at camp resolve.

Maybe make it part of a renewed "Dragon Bash" that has Aurene and Glint's Legacy as protagonist. We can't have a Jubilee every year, so the queen could lend the facilities to LA for people to have things to fight, instead just going out in the world to fight holograms, they would fight dragon minion illusions in the 6 sections of the Pavilion.
    Dragon Bash would still be about not being afraid of the dragons, but the focus would change from not being afraid because we can defeat them, to not being afraid because we replaced them with friends.
    Dragon Arena could also happen during Dragon Bash, or use Basket Brawl instead since Dragon Ball is now used in New Year.

For the Labyrinth, I'd like to see it become a permanent S1 map. That way we would have 2 S1 maps (Southsun and the Cliffs) and 2 S2 maps (Dry Top and Silverwastes). For the recurring events, other than the random troubles in the Bazaar, there could be stragglers of Scarlet's armies who rallied under the control of a new leader that took over after she died, regularly attacking the Bazaar to pillage their goods so we'd keep a level 80 spot in the open world where we can fight them. So, for example, an aetherblade ship would arrive to the Sky Docks and start pouring in enemies, and we have to contain them in the docks, and keep them from stealing goods, or Molten alliance could breach the rock walls at the middle of the cliff and work their way up though the Bazaar stalls, and toxic alliance could arrive from the water and try set up toxic offshots and work their way up pillaging the Bazaar.

As the remaining lost S1 content, I'd love to see something like "Fractal Rifts".
    They would be basically portals to certain mists memories appearing at certain spots in the world, similar to the S3 Magic Rifts caused by the bloodstone explosion.
    You could use them to enter older versions of map or parts of them.
    So, for instance, to go to old LA, you'd have to go find the corresponding fractal rift in LA, and use it to enter. And you go to old LA like when playing the story, but this time as a complete open world map like LA used to be.
    For lost bosses, they could also be within fractal rifts, but this time the map would be a 'cutout' instead a whole map, like tutorial instances. So, for example, you would go to Kesseks hills, find the nightmare tower fractal rift , and you can revisit it the area around it in the version of kessex hills with the visible intact tower, and enter it to replay the events in there.
    Or go to the remnants of Twisted Marionette, find the fractal rift there, and enter a small subsection of the map where the marionette fight happens every 3 hours as a hardcore world event, and guilds could use world boss consumables to start the fight out of schedule like with other bosses.
    With the idea of "fractal rifts" we could have maps that change over time, without losing old content to those changes.

Your whole post was full of really great ideas. I hope Anet takes notice.

• I'd like to see the living story return to the style it was in LWS1. In that season, it was much more a "Community" Effort. The most recent one, you couldn't even do it with your friends really, much less get and receive help from others, your Guild, or Friends. Perhaps even turn the Living story to a Guild effort, like the need to take a Guild Hall. The current one, while interesting, was the worst because you couldn't do it with friends even.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.