Human Gods first arrival — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Human Gods first arrival

Where did they first arrive?
In the Personal Story, we are told they first arrived in the Artesian Waters, which made it the sacred placed needed to clean Orr.
But, in a recent articicle made by @Scott McGough.6897 , it is stated they first arrived in Cantha.
So, which one has errors? or did I misread/misunderstood something?

Norn main
Loves Ice Maps

MakeNornGreatAgain

Comments

• The timeline for Cantha actually shows that they arrived there first as that was the first human settlement listed in Tyria. Orr couldn't have been the first. However, it might be explained if the Canthans were initial humans sent through like scouts. Then the gods set foot in Orr to establish their presence. Just my best guess....

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Malavian.4695 said:
    The timeline for Cantha actually shows that they arrived there first as that was the first human settlement listed in Tyria. Orr couldn't have been the first. However, it might be explained if the Canthans were initial humans sent through like scouts. Then the gods set foot in Orr to establish their presence. Just my best guess....

One thing to consider is whether the mists are spacetime or not. "The Mists are the building blocks of reality, the proto-reality that exists between the worlds." But does that mean that they are spacetime that contains everything, or that they are something else that makes bubbles of spacetime within it?

When Mistlock Observatory creates a fractal by condensing the memories in the mists, is it also creating spacetime?

If the mists are outside spacetime, it would be possible for humans to arrive first on Orr, then on Cantha in the past. From the perspective of the gods Orr would be first, but from Tyria Cantha would be first.

And then something even crazier like so much farther in time that they got time to evolve into something else before the Cantha arrive, to become an ancient race like the norn.

But if the mists share the same timeline as the worlds contained within them, then it could be just humans sucking at keeping records.

• (commenting so that this can get back to first page so that the author of the article who is here can asnwer in case he did not see the post)

Norn main
    Loves Ice Maps

MakeNornGreatAgain

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can read it as they first stepped on Tyria (the planet or continent) and then later went to Cantha.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.