3vs3 tournament For June! Let’s set some rules!

zoopop.5630

Alright started some of the leg work to get this tournament going for June! I need the community to help establish some rules they’ll like to see placed for a 3vs3 match ups. I’ll be taking everyone feedbacks and reviewing it with some friends that would be helping me with it.

Current rule I believe needs to stick to make things fair...

1: No class stacking!(can’t have two or more of the same class!)2:Only ONE bunker allowed per team!( having three bunkers going against 3 other bunkers would be extremely boring and unfair. This could be up for discussion!)3: two out of three matches must be won in order to move forward to the next round.(team battle seems the most optimal way to do this however this could be up for discussion)

This is all I got at the moment and looking to hear what the community would like to have for rules or removed from the rules. So please set some solid information /feed backs for rules !

update

Amulet list suggestion that's banned for the tournament :

1: Paladin amulet2: mender amulet

updated4/30/18these are some of the amulets im thinking, some can be added/removed depending on how everyone feels but changing some of these amulets.

@Chilli.2976 said:I admire you for actually creating content - but this should be done by ArenaNet - why does the community have to? Where is our different game mode? 6 years nothing.

Let’s keep it positive and on topic. I have support from some of the ugo staff and a few people partner with Anet. Let’s stick to the goal and focus on making things fun for others to join. I’m sure you’ll like to try something fun and new.

@Bossun.2046 said:is this going to be bo3?

Bo3?

@Velimere.7685 said:What are we constituting as bunkers? Specific elite specs such as Druid, Tempest, and Firebrand... specific amulets such as Cleric's and Mender's... or specific combinations of both?

Bunker class with standard bunker amulets and utility. Such as bunker holo, Druid, ele, Chrono , fb , soulbeast , spell breaker, scrapper and etc.A mix of both combination.

Is this supposed to be the usual game mode conquest - just 3v3 instead of 5 players per team or team death-match or an arena-like type (1 life per player)?

Also, I agree with Velimere: You should be more specific here in the rules :-)

@Velimere.7685 said:What are we constituting as bunkers? Specific elite specs such as Druid, Tempest, and Firebrand... specific amulets such as Cleric's and Mender's... or specific combinations of both?

I think some adjustments should be made for the glass cannon builds as well. Imagine 3v3 and 3 people coordinating to just focus one of the enemies. There is no way the target will survive with the current state of bust damages. I say, lower the damage numbers AND healing so the fights would become more strategic, not just "spam and kill the enemy". Also, make a debuff that lowers the healing over time during the match. So if you pick a bunker you HAVE to kite and dodge, bot just stand there tanking and outhealing all the damages all match long. Also, have something like the "eye" in wow to be able to see through stealth at some point during the match.

Amulet list suggestion that's banned for the tournament :

1: zerk amulet2:carrion amulet3:knight amulet4:mender amulet5:sinster amulet6: barb amuletthese are some of the amulets im thinking, some can be added/removed depending on how everyone feels but changing some of these amulets.

@zoopop.5630 said:Amulet list suggestion that's banned for the tournament :

1: zerk amulet2:carrion amulet3:knight amulet4:mender amulet5:sinster amulet6: barb amuletthese are some of the amulets im thinking, some can be added/removed depending on how everyone feels but changing some of these amulets.

Wait what? You're banning these amulets? I don't get it. 3 of these are trash tier, 2 alright and 1 good

@Best.3479 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:Amulet list suggestion that's banned for the tournament :

Wait what? You're banning these amulets? I don't get it. 3 of these are trash tier, 2 alright and 1 good

balance purposes/updated list.

Why don't you do the old 2v2 3v3 rules on amulets. Basically you can use 1 "bunker amulet" where a bunker amulet is an amulet with 2 defensive stats (healing, vitality and toughness). For example only 1 person on your team can run mender, and nobody else can use a bunker amulet such as paladins.

Archived