Spamming Transform Tonics

If they were the Christmas tonics they were probably trying to acquire a percentage of the festive imbiber achievement for cheaper. The Christmas tonics cost less than the alcohols but the problem is that you have to spam tonics which is annoying but they count toward the achievement. (For those less informed: Festive imbiber is an achievement where you have to drink 10,000 Christmas drinks as PART of a multiachievement set to obtain the Winter's Presence shoulders which makes it look like its snowing on you. Festive imbiber used to be one of the most expensive parts of the achievement when the drinks were 7-10s each and tonics didn't also count.) It's possible not everyone doing something annoying is about being annoying.

Halloween tonics aside (cause obviously you don't spam Halloween tonics to achieve Winter's Presence). That's what I'm trying to say though, the first year Winter's Presence was released tonics didn't count toward the achievement. I'm not even sure they counted the second year. They did a massive overhaul of winter festival achievements and that was part of it and "drinking" the tonics suddenly counted.

@"Fremtid.3528" said:Halloween tonics aside (cause obviously you don't spam Halloween tonics to achieve Winter's Presence). That's what I'm trying to say though, the first year Winter's Presence was released tonics didn't count toward the achievement. I'm not even sure they counted the second year. They did a massive overhaul of winter festival achievements and that was part of it and "drinking" the tonics suddenly counted.

I don't want to start an argument about Winter's Presence and your reply really has nothing to do with my question now that I made it clear that they are spamming the Halloween tonics. My main concern is that I was able to time their transformation and it seems fishy. I guess I should have made that clear with my original question.

It's probably the candy corn gobbler. Each time you double click the gobbler you have a chance to get a 5 minute boost (xp, magic find, etc). To get the boosts from the candy corn requires you to spam it and the majority of items you get are Halloween tonics. Blame anet for the tonic spam.

Archived