Zephyrites MIA — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Zephyrites MIA

Not really missing in Action, but they've been missing for a while now.

After the disaster that occurred, that lead to LS2, we haven't really seen nor heard anything about them.
There was that area in the Cristal Desert that we got in PoF, but it was not the zephyrites themselves, same with the holosmith using zephyrite crystals (which should be leftovers, from when they left the Cristal Desert).

I think that with their main mission over(?), they might disperse or go back to the cities, but we haven't even seen a single former one, not even an aspect master.

Where are they and what happened to the remaining ones?

And an extra question: Given their focus in LS2, the announcement of Elite Specializations for HoT, and their lore of their magic (originated from Glint's cristals) being very similar to Air Magic (of Elementalists), why wasn't the elite spec of Eles for HoT, Zephyrite?
I know zephyrites were a bit of an isolated group, not letting outsiders in, but holosmith managed to get some cristals of theirs, why couldn't elementalists figure out how to use similar magic?
At least they already had lore and a number of skills and effects (If you even remember Aspect Arena).

Comments

• foozlesprite.8051foozlesprite.8051 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

@RMD.2957 said:
    And an extra question: Given their focus in LS2, the announcement of Elite Specializations for HoT, and their lore of their magic (originated from Glint's cristals) being very similar to Air Magic (of Elementalists), why wasn't the elite spec of Eles for HoT, Zephyrite?
    I know zephyrites were a bit of an isolated group, not letting outsiders in, but holosmith managed to get some cristals of theirs, why couldn't elementalists figure out how to use similar magic?

It feels like Zephyrite is more of a cultural and maybe even ethnic identifier, perhaps. So we might not able to be "Zephyrites" in the truest sense of the word, but still be able to play with crystals like holomancers. And there are still plenty of areas of the known world to fill in, so it might be possible that we'll visit them again (especially since Living Story zones jump all over the place geographically). Maybe a crystal-based mage class is still an option for a future expansion. Almost sounds like it may be more of a mesmer thing, but I've got my Windcatcher Backpack at the ready anyways :)

(A "zephyr" is a light wind, while a "tempest" is a raging storm, so maybe we just ramped the idea up several notches)

Edit: ooh, I just thought of something. Our attunement switches could create little crystals to buff allies, and/or we could set elemental crystal traps for enemies to walk into.

• RMD.2957RMD.2957 Member ✭✭

Yes, I was just calling it zephyrites mostly for correlation.
    And while, yes the focus was on the cristals and their abilities, the Zephyrites themselves seem to have learned how to harness them, to an extent.

To better illustrate the basis of the idea:
    Sun <-> Fire;
    Wind seems to be represented by a cloud so <->Water(?);
    Lightning <-> Air
    For Earth we didn't get a counterpart, but it could be Sand or something?

Anyway, it was just an idea/thought I had, mostly due to the amount of skills and effects there were in Aspect Arena, back when Labyrinthine Cliffs were available.
    Their mechanic could also have been like daredevil, with different dodges, since that's what the basic abilities of the crystals looked like, at least to me.

PS: When we first learned of the Tempest name it kinda reinforced my idea of it being related

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.