My GW2 keeps randomly crashing

Most of the time, its okay. Then it will randomly crash. It does the repair option. It goes back to the way it had been before. I tried removing the install and re-installing it. I put it in compatibility mode for Win 7. Recently, I had a 32 time out from PV dishonor. It froze mid-match. Maybe if have some suggestions I could try. I feel like people are going say re-install it. I have tried that. Maybe I need complete wipe on my PC again.

Same. Seems to be an issue with compatibility with my graphics card RX 580 8gb. The game is failing to load textures and crashing while also registering my memory at 0. No other game does this so I'm wondering if it's some settings on my part specifically messing with GW2 but I havent found an solution. Most likely an issue an Anets part since i do not experience it in any other game and it started right after the patch.

@"Stan FreyJoy.6105" said:Same. Seems to be an issue with compatibility with my graphics card RX 580 8gb. The game is failing to load textures and crashing while also registering my memory at 0. No other game does this so I'm wondering if it's some settings on my part specifically messing with GW2 but I havent found an solution. Most likely an issue an Anets part since i do not experience it in any other game and it started right after the patch.

This is always a sign that either you have a memory issue, or your driver is having issues.If it was an Anet issue, you would see a flood of everyone having an issue. Even if that everyone was just with the same card as you, it still points to a card issue (usually drivers). I realize you pulled the "everything else works fine" but that isn't how you prove that it's Anet's fault. You can also try repairing the client, which again wouldn't be an Anet issue, it means something corrupted on the hard drive, which happens as well.

Seems to be fine after a restart. Definitely just a minor issue due to the update and not restarting my PC. Nothing had changed on my end and I had receive no GPU patches. Just the client update. So that's why I assumed it was an anet issue. Absolutely nothing is wrong with the card. If there was, I would have seen it in any of other other 10 games I play, lol. Could also be settings issue with AMD shader cache? Turned off just in case.

Archived