Conjured Weapons

Artemisa.9013

Hi everyone!

I have this (stupid) question for quite a long time: why aren't conjured weapons like engineering kits? I mean, why aren't they 'permanent'? Is it because we already have 4 attunements? And would you like conjured weapons to work like engineering kits, or would that make zero sense for this class?

I'm curious about this specific aspect of the Elementalist and would love to read and learn more about it ^-^

why aren't conjured weapons like engineering kits? I mean, why aren't they 'permanent'? Is it because we already have 4 attunements? And would you like conjuredweapons to work like engineering kits, or would that make zero sense for this class?

The reason why they are not permanent is because you can give these conjured weapons to allies, whereas the Engineers' kits cannot be given to allies. Besides, it's useless to use conjured weapons with Elementalist, because Elementalist has far better ways of dealing damage.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

why aren't conjured weapons like engineering kits? I mean, why aren't they 'permanent'? Is it because we already have 4 attunements? And would you like conjuredweapons to work like engineering kits, or would that make zero sense for this class?

The reason why they are not permanent is because you can give these conjured weapons to allies, whereas the Engineers' kits cannot be given to allies. Besides, it's useless to use conjured weapons with Elementalist, because Elementalist has far better ways of dealing damage.

Conjured Weapons are meta in pve builds. Sharing them to druid/chrono is also very good in fractals. Elementalist has also very strong weapon skills while engineer has almost only trash weapon skills. Only good solo weapon is scrapper's hammer. All the other weapons lack on so many areas that they are only usuable with kits. Holosmith's forge is a kit with a cooldown and time mechanic.

Rifle has no dps for example and only decent burst. Pistol has blowtorch. Sword has only aa etc. Some conjured should have shorter cooldowns though. Earth shield is a quite good defensive option. The 1min cooldown just kills it.

So in short. Elementalist can be good without conjures while engineer can't be without kits. Only exception is scrapper but thats an elite spec. All the other builds need kits to work.

Elementalist can be good without conjures while engineer can't be without kits. Only exception is scrapper but thats an elite spec. All the other builds need kits to work.

I never said not to use conjured weapons on Elementalist, I meant to say that you should only give them to allies and just continue using your weapon skills.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

Elementalist can be good without conjures while engineer can't be without kits. Only exception is scrapper but thats an elite spec. All the other builds need kits to work.

I never said not to use conjured weapons on Elementalist, I meant to say that you should only give them to allies and just continue using your weapon skills.

No^^ Raid builds use them for damage between cooldowns on skills. You don't want squadmates to steal them. Conjure sharing is used in fractals and short fights. They are quite powerfull dps skills. I've seen 100k + LH 4 hits in Raids.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

No^^ Raid builds use them for damage between cooldowns on skills. You don't want squadmates to steal them. Conjure sharing is used in fractals and short fights. They are quite powerfull dps skills. I've seen 100k + LH 4 hits in Raids.

Yaa right now, no one picks up the conjured weapon except for the ele itself since the damage from LH is insane aswell as FGS

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Yaa right now, no one picks up the conjured weapon except for the ele itself since the damage from LH is insane aswell as FGS

Ya sadly the conj weapons skills are no where near as strong as non ele classes skills.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Conjured Weapons are meta in pve builds. Sharing them to druid/chrono is also very good in fractals. Elementalist has also very strong weapon skills while engineer has almost only trash weapon skills. Only good solo weapon is scrapper's hammer. All the other weapons lack on so many areas that they are only usuable with kits. Holosmith's forge is a kit with a cooldown and time mechanic.

Rifle has no dps for example and only decent burst. Pistol has blowtorch. Sword has only aa etc. Some conjured should have shorter cooldowns though. Earth shield is a quite good defensive option. The 1min cooldown just kills it.

So in short. Elementalist can be good without conjures while engineer can't be without kits. Only exception is scrapper but thats an elite spec. All the other builds need kits to work.

while I agree with you that conjure weapons is meta in pve ... i totally disagree with the fact that kits for engineers is a must have ... holosmith in spvp uses none so . But yeah in pve they are needs for dps when waiting for photon forge to come back.

Now back to conjures ...In pve conjure weapons is a pain cause you need them for your dps rotation, and most of the time randoms in your group pick it up. Which make a loss of dps for you . Then blame you for low dps (even if still top 1)

Being able to get in/out as kits would make it more versatile and more usefull.... especially for CC phase in raids where ele (weaver here) is almost useless unless it precast it 4 sec before (with double attune) Casting conjure hammer would make it easier with a 1/2 delay instead of that long animation cast ...

But it could be seen as super OP ... (but i'm almost sure it could even be good in pvp that way ... now it was just considered as trolling in spvp or else)

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

while I agree with you that conjure weapons is meta in pve ... i totally disagree with the fact that kits for engineers is a must have ... holosmith in spvp uses none so . But yeah in pve they are needs for dps when waiting for photon forge to come back.

Now back to conjures ...In pve conjure weapons is a pain cause you need them for your dps rotation, and most of the time randoms in your group pick it up. Which make a loss of dps for you . Then blame you for low dps (even if still top 1)

Being able to get in/out as kits would make it more versatile and more usefull.... especially for CC phase in raids where ele (weaver here) is almost useless unless it precast it 4 sec before (with double attune) Casting conjure hammer would make it easier with a 1/2 delay instead of that long animation cast ...

But it could be seen as super OP ... (but i'm almost sure it could even be good in pvp that way ... now it was just considered as trolling in spvp or else)

Holo forge is basically a kit. It's just not a utility. Holosmith only works without vanilla kits because it has his own baseline.

Conjures like kits would make weaver incredible op in pve. It would have the highest dmg everywhere + tons of cc and utility.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

i totally disagree with the fact that kits for engineers is a must have ... holosmith in spvp uses none so

Apparently you've never played core engineer back in 2013 and still haven't played core in PvP to this day.

yes I did ... and you didn't have to be back to 2013 to play that in pvp ... before POF you could have seen a lot of core condi engineer ... but time has changed ... you can't claim that anymore :) so it was when scrapper came out ... it was gyro all over the place.

PS : remember it's an ele forum not engi tho

@Hoodie.1045 said:The reason why they are not permanent is because you can give these conjured weapons to allies, whereas the Engineers' kits cannot be given to allies. Besides, it's useless to use conjured weapons with Elementalist, because Elementalist has far better ways of dealing damage.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Yaa right now, no one picks up the conjured weapon except for the ele itself since the damage from LH is insane aswell as FGS

So? do we give them to allies or not? if not, then back to OP, why dont make them like enginer kits?

@Conqueror.3682 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:The reason why they are not permanent is because you can give these conjured weapons to allies, whereas the Engineers' kits cannot be given to allies. Besides, it's useless to use conjured weapons with Elementalist, because Elementalist has far better ways of dealing damage.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Yaa right now, no one picks up the conjured weapon except for the ele itself since the damage from LH is insane aswell as FGS

So? do we give them to allies or not? if not, then back to OP, why dont make them like enginer kits?

• Because Conjured Weapons are much more stronger than Kits.
  • Kits exist because Engineer weapons suck, Ele weapons don't.
  • You would need to nerf Conjured Weapons a lot because otherwise Ele DPS on average hitbox would be like 41-42K, everyone will complain. They do a lot already.

@"Imperadordf.2687" said:

• You would need to nerf Conjured Weapons a lot because otherwise Ele DPS on average hitbox would be like 41-42K, everyone will complain. They do a lot already.

Well a condi engineer per example, have some pistol skills in their rotation, so engineer skills are not exactly bad, you need kits because the way engineer works is diferent than ele, ele have their attunements as a "kits", while if an engineer doesnt use them, well it will be limited only to their weapon skills and the other utilities.

And yes i agree that conjures are stronger than kits when they are active, but still, it is annoying to use them for a single skill then drop it. But back to the question, do i share them with a partner o keep them to me?

Id like to see earth shield and lava axe more useable though.

@Conqueror.3682 said:

@"Imperadordf.2687" said:

Well a condi engineer per example, have some pistol skills in their rotation, so engineer skills are not exactly bad, you need kits because the way engineer works is diferent than ele, ele have their attunements as a "kits", while if an engineer doesnt use them, well it will be limited only to their weapon skills and the other utilities.

And yes i agree that conjures are stronger than kits when they are active, but still, it is annoying to use them for a single skill then drop it. But back to the question, do i share them with a partner o keep them to me?

Id like to see earth shield and lava axe more useable though.

Pistol isn't worth using except Blowtorch, the only useful skill.

I would be in favor of conjured weapons acting like kits if their damage was nerfed a bit, but it will make Weaver rotation more complex. The class is considerably hard as it is for casusl players.

Those two are hopeless, :c

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Ele 'skills are that strong that we absolutly need conjure weapons to reduce the overall dps (sarcasm) and I suggest you to look at ele traits... every single traits is a damage multiplier ... I think anet needs to work on that first before calling any dmg nerf on skills. The dps is huge when the mob/boss is standing still and has a big/huge hitbox...If not , it's a rotation - mechanic - other problem (I've seen some engineer catching ele dps to small hitbox bosses )

@Artemisa.9013 said:Hi everyone!

I have this (stupid) question for quite a long time: why aren't conjured weapons like engineering kits? I mean, why aren't they 'permanent'? Is it because we already have 4 attunements? And would you like conjured weapons to work like engineering kits, or would that make zero sense for this class?

I'm curious about this specific aspect of the Elementalist and would love to read and learn more about it ^-^

One of the reasons is the attunements, yes. Turning the conjures into kits would feel awesome, but it would expand our already extensive list of available skills to the point of being OP. Just too many options, covering too many possibilities at once.

Another reason that probably had some influence is they wanted both kits and conjures to have their differences to outline the distinction between the classes further.

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:I know !!!! Ammo charges !!! no more sharing ! and feels "balanced"

Ammo charges would be a nice QoL if nothing else. The picking up can be a hassle. I'd be surprised if they didn't discuss the possibility when they implemented the ammo system and converted skills to use it. But probably they want to keep the conjure sharing an option, as part of the Ele's identity.

What they could do is: Turn ALL of the Conjure weapons into a single elite kit. The Conjure you get is based on your element. Maybe give it a 10second cool down after leaving. Swapping attunements WOULDN'T change your weapon UNLESS it make it that with the kit active, swapping attunement puts ALL other attunements on a 10second cool down and then i think it would be pretty fair.

Of course, balance changes would be needed, cool down increases, damage reductions and such but IF that happened. It would totally use it!

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:What they could do is: Turn ALL of the Conjure weapons into a single elite kit. The Conjure you get is based on your element. Maybe give it a 10second cool down after leaving. Swapping attunements WOULDN'T change your weapon UNLESS it make it that with the kit active, swapping attunement puts ALL other attunements on a 10second cool down and then i think it would be pretty fair.

Of course, balance changes would be needed, cool down increases, damage reductions and such but IF that happened. It would totally use it!

Where would that put Firey Great Sword? Or what if when made the Elite, the caster gets a reworked FGS that changes with attunements, while the second weapon is the normal one?

Just for giggles, an expanded idea:The caster gets a weapon that changes form with Attunements.

Fire: Firey GreatSwordWater: Dual Pistols (Water gun - kek)Air: Staff (Lighting Rod)Earth: Long bow ..... I'm bad at rock puns

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:What they could do is: Turn ALL of the Conjure weapons into a single elite kit. The Conjure you get is based on your element. Maybe give it a 10second cool down after leaving. Swapping attunements WOULDN'T change your weapon UNLESS it make it that with the kit active, swapping attunement puts ALL other attunements on a 10second cool down and then i think it would be pretty fair.

Where would that put Firey Great Sword? Or what if when made the Elite, the caster gets a reworked FGS that changes with attunements, while the second weapon is the normal one?

Basically it would be kinda like the Glyphs different abilities based on attunement. The only issue i could see is Firey Greatsword and Flame Axe. I would say drop Axe and make it so in Fire you get Greatsword, Water Bow, Air Hammer and Earth Shield.

Another option (though would NEVER happen...) Instead of Firey Greatsword, you get Axe and the Firey Greatsword turned into its own Elite that again, changes based on your element. The difference would be, while the Axe/Bow/Hammer/Shield one you would be stuck with that weapon the Firey Greatsword (given a new name - Arcane Greatsword!?!?) It would change as you change attunements as well.

Archived