Phase Engage

Tseison.4659

Hey fellow Mesmers!!! <3

Okay so as I was doing the story Rytlock allows you to use his sword Sohothin (I won't tell you when, you can find out the awesomeness for yourselves xo).Basically one of the swords skills is "PHASE ENGAGE", which hands down is what the ambushes should've been OR what are current phantasms should do.See image below:https://imgur.com/a/MUvCi

Imagine the possibilities for our Phantasm abilities!Phantasmal BerserkerPhantasmal WarlockPhantasmal SwordsmanPhantasmal WardenPhantasmal DuelistPhantasmal MageIllusionary MarinerIllusionary WhalerPhantasmal RoguePhantasmal DefenderPhantasmal Disenchanter

Mind you these phantasms on our weapon bars would have to have a somewhat higher cooldown for it to be balanced since you'll be summoning 3 phantasms right away And they'll be attacking at the same time. I however would probably remove the heal but still keep the 1s Distortion. Then when it comes to the "Teleport to your target", i'd probably keep that as the same for sword. For staff maybe another evade or side blink and for the others the creative list can go on.

This skill synergized so well when I was using it with Chronomancer but when you guys get to test it out, let us know what you think and your ideas!

<3 :)

@FaboBabo.3581 said:spawn 3 iduelist , applying 40 bleeds into shatter every 5 seconds.Yeah sounds legit :D

But i could see a weaker version of this working very well.

Yes it was quite OP when I was using it ;)But if we WERE to get it for all phantasms across the board then we wouldn’t be seeing any 5s CD. I’d say 25 or 30 (reduced if traited in the illusion line of course).

• 1 month later...

You're right that it probably won't happen. But as an elite skill it could be balanced. Maybe 60s recharge is a bit too quick, maybe give it 75? With 10-15 seconds in between using each charge. Its actually the elite skill for the mesmer elite spec I'm designing, the Dreamer (yes I know someone else used the name, my spec is not similar to theirs).

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:Sounds like a Mesmer's wet dream. Too bad it probably won't happen, even as an elite skill.

Well completely ruling it out is a bad attitude but anyways...

@OriOri.8724 said:It would be a neat elite skill for an elite spec. Something like

Turn all clones into X phantasm (insert hard hitting phantasm here) and reset all phantasm attack cooldowns - 60sec recharge, 2 charges

or similar.

For the Phase Engage, I was just stating that it would likely have to be modified and balanced of course and I could see it having a cooldown of maybe 30s so it can be a damage utility. It'll summon 3 phantasmal [_____] whatever weapon you have equipped OR just swordsmen would be fine too. They deliver their attack and then they automatically shatter right after.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:spawn 3 iduelist , applying 40 bleeds into shatter every 5 seconds.Yeah sounds legit :D

Not really, it'd be a good cornerstone of a - very very required - Mesmer baseline rework, though.

For example:

• Remove shatter skills.
  • Remove (current) phantasm/clone skills.
  • F1-F4 turn into a "Create illusions"-bar
  • F1 creates 3 clones on a low CD. Unlike current clones their attacks do nothing, no conditions, nada. They do however mirror movement/dodges, albeit in random directions. Slightly less easy to tell apart. While any clones remain, lethal attacks will swap you with a clone and kill the clone instead.
  • F2 creates 3 Phantasmal Swordsmen, melee range cleave phantasms.
  • F3 creates 3 Phantasmal Duelists, ranged single target phantasms.
  • F4 creates a Disenchanter, a Defender and a Warden, a utility-team of phantasms.

These all replace one another, so you can only have one "illusion mode" active at a time. They each have a moderate shared CD, so if I go offense and right after get ganked and I had no clones up, tough luck.

@Carighan.6758 said:

Not really, it'd be a good cornerstone of a - very very required - Mesmer baseline rework, though.

For example:
  • Remove shatter skills.
  • Remove (current) phantasm/clone skills.
  • F1-F4 turn into a "Create illusions"-bar
  • F1 creates 3 clones on a low CD. Unlike current clones their attacks do nothing, no conditions, nada. They do however mirror movement/dodges, albeit in random directions. Slightly less easy to tell apart. While any clones remain, lethal attacks will swap you with a clone and kill the clone instead.
  • F2 creates 3 Phantasmal Swordsmen, melee range cleave phantasms.
  • F3 creates 3 Phantasmal Duelists, ranged single target phantasms.
  • F4 creates a Disenchanter, a Defender and a Warden, a utility-team of phantasms.

These all replace one another, so you can only have one "illusion mode" active at a time. They each have a moderate shared CD, so if I go offense and right after get ganked and I had no clones up, tough luck.

Not really my style ; i always said i'd want 1 type of illusions only ; They have stats like the mesmer and mimic its clone attacks for 10% damage and probably reduced conditions - example axe 2 spawns an illusion - all living illusions will perform a mimiced version of axe 2 then, for 10% damage and 1 stack of torment each.Phantasm skills would cause all your illusions to use the Phantasm skill for 100% damage - you woould cast the skill too ; example : i have 2 illusions out currently - i use pistol 4 and spawn a third illusion - me and my illusions will fire our pistol vs my target - 4 times each, after that the illusions would normally auto attack - the phantasm attack is on CD and can only be used again in 20 seconds, rather then phantasms repeat it.

@msalakka.4653 said:

@Curunen.8729 said::o !!!

Ok that is amazing - why do we not have something like that on core mesmer...

Because we're not thieves or warriors.

At the moment both Mirage and Chrono are 100% more desirable in raids than any form of thief. Thieves guild is in most cases a terrible elite skill. Thief has zero access to stability outside the only elite worse than Thieve's guild, their evasion just got nerfed, their best stunbreak just got nerfed.... why would you want to be a thief? It's my main and I have put it aside for mirage that now does all the things thief does better.

Archived