Necromancers are OP! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Necromancers are OP!

Comments

• Dralor.3701Dralor.3701 Member ✭✭✭

Right. Sad times, reaper is so much more fun than scourge.

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dralor.3701 said:
    Right. Sad times, reaper is so much more fun than scourge.

Reaper was def more fun, Scourge is boring but its effective so w/e. Unfortunately Reaper was a one trick pony with an entire build centered around one trait, and Scourge is more useful for power builds :/

Somewhere chasing bags....

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2018

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:
    Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

And today a soulbeast hit me for 5k on lb autoattack when I have 2000 toughness.
    Meteor storms hit for 7k
    Full counter hit me for 9.5k (!) the other day.

TL;DR everything really is OP, yes.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2018

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:
    meta 1: Nerf Necro wells

meta 2: Nerf Reaper shouts

meta 3: Nerf Scourge shades

Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

Learn2Play.

Agreed

Today a deadeye came from invis hit me with rifle for 80%+ of max health, and before I even knew where they where they burst me down, all in under 1-2 second from invis, but sure necro is OP, have you seen the insane damage mesmers can pump out onto a target....

I think some of the people complaining are players who are hard countered by necros and want it nerfed so they can go back to playing the way they want, and forget anyone who doesn't play that way.

The truly sad thing is though that they will probably get there way, and Anet will nerf necro into the ground, and make sure they are bottom tier yet again across all game modes, gotta keep them thief's, Mesmers and warriors happy.

Since when was necro nerfed to the ground in WvW and when were they ever bottom tier? Warrior was pretty useless through the whole HoT meta, Thieves are only good roaming along with Ranger and Engi, as for zerging, medium classes are always at the bottom, and necro has always been around the top

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

And today a soulbeast hit me for 5k on lb autoattack when I have 2000 toughness.
    Meteor storms hit for 7k
    Full counter hit me for 9.5k (!) the other day.

TL;DR everything really is OP, yes.

Meteor storm hits for 7k with 1.9k def 15k hp on a 3 sec cast time and aoe size that ppl can walk out of and very rng. I would take what necro has any day over that if it was unbelievably boring to play the class.
    What that ranger hp? What the necro hp what the war hp?

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

Oh 1 meteor hit me for 10k? 1 CoR hit me for 10k? Mesmer 100% to 0% in 1 second. This is fine. Everything's fine.

Learn2Play.

Agreed

I think some of the people complaining are players who are hard countered by necros and want it nerfed so they can go back to playing the way they want, and forget anyone who doesn't play that way.

The truly sad thing is though that they will probably get there way, and Anet will nerf necro into the ground, and make sure they are bottom tier yet again across all game modes, gotta keep them thief's, Mesmers and warriors happy.

Since when was necro nerfed to the ground in WvW and when were they ever bottom tier? Warrior was pretty useless through the whole HoT meta, Thieves are only good roaming along with Ranger and Engi, as for zerging, medium classes are always at the bottom, and necro has always been around the top

You make it sound like there is 1-2 viable classes, most of those you listed can bring some decent things to a Zerg except maybe the thief. :/

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

@Dralor.3701 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

Learn2Play.

Agreed

You make it sound like there is 1-2 viable classes, most of those you listed can bring some decent things to a Zerg except maybe the thief. :/

Well Right now, Guard,Warrior,Rev,Ele,Mesmer and Necro are viable but Medium classes are pretty much not needed

Druid and soulbeast aren’t that bad, but probably right the others don’t bring much to a zerg.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dralor.3701 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

Learn2Play.

Agreed

There are in effect with the winds of disenchantment destroying any type of clears from boons the condi bombs are all the stronger (all be it that would mean 3 classes most of the time not your 1-2) but classes like ele cant clear with there reg in big fights for wvw as well as eng a lesser used condi clearer.

Where scorge can still clear with barriers as nothing stop these with a conversion aoe to boot.

Anet realy pushed the game to play like this and i am not sure if it was fully incidental.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• starhunter.6015starhunter.6015 Member ✭✭✭

It is not so much the classes it's Condi itself and lack of cleans for many classes.

• No amount of nerfs are going to make condition builds fun to fight against, even if they were made completely toothless.

@msalakka.4653 said:
    No amount of nerfs are going to make condition builds fun to fight against, even if they were made completely toothless.

I think this is and has always been the bigger issue.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2018

While most classes are just fine with some coeficients ups and downs to get more close to a balanced gameplay, scourge it is another story....

Who actually designed scourge? some one needs to go to the corner of the room (how much cake did he offered to another dev's to let the class pass????)... cause he failed to understand how that would brake the game rather than anything else.
    Sometimes i feel like developers on this game dont know their product well enought, or they must be designing something for friends to get carried or some friends wanted to play some class that would be broken when stacking.

It kinda remminds when on private servers of a game u would buff some class cause you play it has a GM or your friends want something stupid to play.

@Dralor.3701 said:

@msalakka.4653 said:
    No amount of nerfs are going to make condition builds fun to fight against, even if they were made completely toothless.

I think this is and has always been the bigger issue.

Issue is the surviability on condi build vs the skill spam desing vs balance/iteration, u need to play an equal lamer build be it on condi or power, still not all condi builds are broken towards spam, but the are alot due how ANet want players to be carried with it.

I am not sure I agree survivability is an issue as power is still better in coordinated formats. Condi generally can’t get the same spike damage.

The bigger problem is probably lack of damage mitigation, since we have no passive resistance stat.

• Pinko.2076Pinko.2076 Member ✭✭

Remove all passive procs (no really, every single passive proc in the game). Curb toughness scaling, cap barrier at 20% max hp, give more classes personal stability, maybe nerf power coefs of least-risk pirate ship specs.

Honestly I'd say remove barrier completely, redesign scourge, mirage, and deadeye completely, remove boon duration completely, and remove noninteractive boons (retaliation is actually a big deal for some specs to deal with and it's stupid), but I know anet doesn't want to do that much.

• While I agree that Scourge was a poor design choice for PVP, in wvw I don't know what to tell you.

They can 1v1 you now.
    Range them?
    Just move out of the way?
    Its not the scourge's fault if you let yourself get mowed over by several slow-moving aoes.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:
    While I agree that Scourge was a poor design choice for PVP, in wvw I don't know what to tell you.

They can 1v1 you now.
    Range them?
    Just move out of the way?
    Its not the scourge's fault if you let yourself get mowed over by several slow-moving aoes

I play one often myself, is it fun for anyone when the entire screen is covered in red circles that convert your boons?

Hammer train was a lot more fun than pirate ship, I just wish we could get to a happy medium.

• The moment at wvw you have a lot of scourges together and the space is confined they become gods! Also they make melee more or less passed history. Scourges have way to much condi dmg combined with advantage specially if their opponents are melee classes. Scourges should lose some advantages if they keep this high condi dmg.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pinko.2076 said:
    Remove all passive procs (no really, every single passive proc in the game). Curb toughness scaling, cap barrier at 20% max hp, give more classes personal stability, maybe nerf power coefs of least-risk pirate ship specs.

Honestly I'd say remove barrier completely, redesign scourge, mirage, and deadeye completely, remove boon duration completely, and remove noninteractive boons (retaliation is actually a big deal for some specs to deal with and it's stupid), but I know anet doesn't want to do that much.

So, basically rebuild every elite spec as well as most of the core specs? Never mind a complete overhaul of the sigils, armor and runes?

I ummm couldn't blame them for not wanting to build a new game because that's what you are asking for.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

nerf everything! they're all op

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Avelione.6075Avelione.6075 Member ✭✭✭

That's it! I vote to officially rename necros to LAWNMOWERS! :P

Choya is love, Choya is life!

• Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

Troll thread or I can't figure it out #helpmewinAnet ? If you need help figuring out how to handle Necromancers please use the Necro forums, loads over there know their many weakness' you can use to your advantage. On another note, lawnmowers are slow :)

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crazy.6029 said:
    Troll thread or I can't figure it out #helpmewinAnet ? If you need help figuring out how to handle Necromancers please use the Necro forums, loads over there know their many weakness' you can use to your advantage. On another note, lawnmowers are slow :)

Ok, well take a blob, take a keep. Siege it up a little. Do you think you can stop the blob considering they can damage your siege wherever it is? Also slow? why do you think they are slow, in a group??

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Ok, well take a blob, take a keep. Siege it up a little. Do you think you can stop the blob considering they can damage your siege wherever it is? Also slow? why do you think they are slow, in a group??

With enough defenders (they with 40, me with 10-15) absolutely. Certainly for 10-15 minutes, until their siege is dead because they place it too close, or until our blood arrives to hit them with even numbers.

Not sure why Their scourges are killing the siege unless it is poorly placed.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

With enough defenders (they with 40, me with 10-15) absolutely. Certainly for 10-15 minutes, until their siege is dead because they place it too close, or until our blood arrives to hit them with even numbers.

ive seen scourges hitting half stair and itting siege elementalists cant.

Even i got killed by a few scourges group while repairing a wall on inner.... yeah, maybe a glitch.. but since Anet took LoS from scourge ive seen pretty stupid stuff hapening.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

You'll have to elaborate for me :)
    I said lawnmowers are slow , unless maybe a riding lawnmower is fast. Not sure if riding lawnmowers are fast or not.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

They are not poorly placed, it's just that the skills of the Necro are poorly designed in WvW, they can reach places that has always been safe. So basically you cannot place siege on the outer wall of Bay anymore, so how long will you now hold of that blob? Siege and everyone on it is dead in a ms. So now that leaves you with 10. What are they going to do.. Use harsh language?

edited May 1, 2018

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

They are not poorly placed, it's just that the skills of the Necro are poorly designed in WvW, they can reach places that has always been safe. So basically you cannot place siege on the outer wall of Bay anymore, so how long will you now hold of that blob? Siege and everyone on it is dead in a ms. So now that leaves you with 10. What are they going to do.. Use harsh language?

If they lose their siege, yes. Harsh language.

Not sure about the 'poorly placed' part though, as rarely are ours being lost before the attackers seige is either destroyed, or they are held at bay long enough to bring in help.

Our seige isn't dying to necros. And there are just a few necros in T1 NA, /s

Thank You for the {MEME}

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

I put siege down all the time that Necros can't hit. I see other players placing siege that doesn't get hit from necros or any other professions either. Find a siegeologist on server and have them show you where to put the siege. I hope this helps :)

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

I put siege down all the time that Necros can't hit. I see other players placing siege that doesn't get hit from necros or any other professions either. Find a siegeologist on server and have them show you where to put the siege. I hope this helps :)

Exactly.

@Israel.7056 noted in another thread that many don't know good seige placement anymore.

Either for attacking (why are ACs and ballistas hitting catas??) or defending.

I am not saying their aren't exceptions... but people need to look..

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

That just shows that your opponent is not as good or as smart as ours. Perhaps you do not play on the EU servers?

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

That just shows that your opponent is not as good or as smart as ours. Perhaps you do not play on the EU servers?

There ARE safe seige spots. Learning them would help you.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Show me on the wall of bay where they are safe then. Don't come like placing siege is some kind of miracle that people who are playing wvw from before you were in this game do not know how to place siege ok :)

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Show me on the wall of bay where they are safe then. Don't come like placing siege is some kind of miracle that people who are playing wvw from before you were in this game do not know how to place siege ok :)

Ahh. Didn't realize you have played since Alpha. My bad.

Honestly, I don't really care if you lose your seige.

It's not a miracle or magic, but hey, sarcasm in what was trying to be a constructive discussion is always helpful.

Good luck!

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

It's not a miracle or magic, but hey, sarcasm in what was trying to be a constructive discussion is always helpful.

Good luck!

No arrogance is helpful right?....

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Good luck!

Absolutely.

Though I would ask you to quote my statements that included arrogance? I simply stated there were placements that work, and that I don't have that issue with scourge.

It's factual. Not arrogance.

Though your statement that our opponents must be bad clearly is stated from a position of perceived elitism. And your statement of 'been playing WvW longer than you have had the game' kinda rings of arrogance.

The question was asked. Two of us stated our views. Again, I don't have anything to do with your seige, and have no interest in helping someone who doesn't wish to see a different perspective.

Good luck.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Good luck!

Absolutely.

Though I would ask you to quote my statements that included arrogance? I simply stated there were placements that work, and that I don't have that issue with scourge.

Though your statement that our opponents must be bad clearly is stated from a position of perceived elitism. And your statement of 'been playing WvW longer than you have had the game' kinda rings of arrogance.

The question was asked. Two of us stated our views. Again, I don't have anything to do with your seige, and have no interest in helping someone who doesn't wish to see a different perspective.

Good luck.

Good, I do not need help. Dont be an arrogant kitten to think I need anything from you ok?

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Good luck!

Absolutely.

Good luck.

Good, I do not need help. Dont be an arrogant kitten to think I need anything from you ok?

Wow.

I figured where you posted in a forum designed for discussion you would welcome discussion, which includes opposing ideas.

Again, you still have yet to quote
    My arrogant statements.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• kmfart.7480kmfart.7480 Member ✭✭

I think Necromancers are really easy to kill, they are one of the easiest professions to kill if you know what u are doing.
    **Everybody else is OP if you are a new player in zerker gear. **

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Ah, there is the problem, you cant really siege defend bay outer with ACs, but there are other ways to keep your bay.

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Crazy.6029 said:

Ah, there is the problem, you cant really siege defend bay outer with ACs, but there are other ways to keep your bay.

I agree btw :) Outer wall siege is almost useless against a necro blob, but it should be a bit better. I always asked myself why there are even cannons and mortars on the outerwall, when they should matter the most they are gone in a ms too :).

• dzeRnumbrd.6129dzeRnumbrd.6129 Member ✭✭✭

ive seen scourges hitting half stair and itting siege elementalists cant.

Even i got killed by a few scourges group while repairing a wall on inner.... yeah, maybe a glitch.. but since Anet took LoS from scourge ive seen pretty stupid stuff hapening.

Torch 5 hits through everything. It's broken. If you want to ask for nerfs for that I have no problem. Leave shades and LoS out of it though.

• Kathul.1280Kathul.1280 Member ✭✭

@Zero.3871 said:
    True...List of Classes that need to get toned down:

-Warrior (Dmg, Sustain)
    -Mesmer (Everything)
    -Scourge (Condi)
    -Firebrand (Support)

Thief p/p

• Kossuth.2168Kossuth.2168 Member ✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Makes me wonder when they will finally cure this WvW of that condi cancer that is the scourge. It's too much kitten.

Scourge not-allowed weekend!

@Kossuth.2168 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Makes me wonder when they will finally cure this WvW of that condi cancer that is the scourge. It's too much kitten.

Well you say that. How about just a power weekend. No condi allowed 😊

• Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Kossuth.2168 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

oh then i want a no invuls/invis weekend

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Kossuth.2168 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

Funny thing is, running a full Grievers scourge, I still do a decent amount of power damage. Not glass weaver levels of damage, but still nothing to be sniffed at.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:
    They just need to remove all "sharing", of any kind. No boons, no stats, etc.
    They designed the game with "no trinity" to make everyone to survive on their own. Remove the sharing, and rebalance the classes to match what they pitched at launch.

Except that didn't work either, because some classes are naturally bad at PvP because of their inherent support roles. HOT elite specs (with the exception of the druid) fixed this problem with the class concepts, but had to power creep to accomplish it. To balance it around Core class concepts, they have to redo Core specs from top to bottom with a new model. Which leaves us with a big problem....... How much do we trust them do get that right? And what happens if its just as, or even more, broken then what we have now?

Secondly, even if we carry through with plan, it puts us back at launch where some classes are just obviously better then others in combat. So theres a good chance we might end up in the pirate ship meta again, depending on how good guardians are at handling CCs.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think scourges are mostly balanced they might consider taking a look at sand savant and maybe toning down the 'scourge as shade' mechanic a bit but otherwise I think scourges are perfectly fine. I think scourges are the current noob killer build and that's why they're so popular because they're very easy to counterplay if you actually know how to play the game. From my point of view the really strong stuff is just too hard for most people to play properly and so many players end up defaulting to spellbreakers and scourges because they can be effective with very little practice.

• Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

@Zero.3871 said:
    True...List of Classes that need to get toned down:

-Warrior (Dmg, Sustain)
    -Mesmer (Everything)
    -Scourge (Condi)
    -Firebrand (Support)

If my FIrebrand gets nerfed in PvE due to you guys' PVP complaints, so help me .....

I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.