Are there any PVE Hammer Builds?

Not really. Hammers in Guild Wars 2 are a CC oriented thing = Less damage/More Control. For purposes of pve it just looks like this in terms of optimizing DPS:

• Warrior - Greatsword/Axes and now Daggers are top DPS
  • Guardian - Hammer is good in pvp for high burst/CC but it has no DPS compared to 1-hander setups
  • Scrapper - Hammer is just no. Use Holosmith in pve
  • Rev - Honestly I'm not too sure about this. I just know that Condi Renegade is the favorable DPS right now.

Revenants seem to get dissed a lot these days but I love mine. My first weapon set is the hammer. The other weapon set is mace/sword. For open world PVE on the core Tyria maps, the hammer works well and is fun as a ranged weapon. Once you start getting into more advanced maps in HoT and PoF though, I find the hammer to be slow. The mace/sword seem to hit much faster and also add in a lot of condi damage. One of the really fun things for my rev on any map is the Vengeful Hammers skill. It not only tears up anyone coming near you but also lowers incoming damage by 20%. The guardian's Sword of Justice is a weaker version of this in that the Sword stays in one place after you launch it. The Vengeful Hammers keep circling around you as you move. Should you get knocked down, stunned or the like, the Hammers keep spinning around you as long as you still have energy, pounding the heck out of your foes even when you can't. Even though I have the Herald specialization fully complete and the Renegade spec about 3/4 done, I usually run with basic rev specializations. That's just a matter of personal preference and play style though.

Hammer is not top DPS for the warriors, but still pretty good.Combined with the strong CC it may be slower than the GS, but in return may yield a safer victory.Hammer on the guardian and reve always felt like a charm, a useless trinket. Like a focus on some casters. Never bothered with those

I'm often bringing the hammer on my warrior into fractals or dungeons when im puging. Eats breakbar fast and easy away. Also uses hammer and mace/shield on my firebrand support oriented build or on radiant hammer guard. It's just a fun build but for this it's a blast to play. Hammer on scrapper is pretty fun too imo. Hammer on rev for chill farming is also an good option.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Hammer on the guardian and reve always felt like a charm, a useless trinket. Like a focus on some casters. Never bothered with thoseGuard hammer was in a good spot for a long time. Slightly less dps in exchange for excellent CC and group defense. It was just left behind when the real dps weapons were buffed and the defense was taken over by druid's stone spirit. Now, hammer has been relegated to the role of a crutch. Quite a shame, I liked my Juggernaut.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

• Scrapper - Hammer is just no. Use Holosmith in pve
  • Rev - Honestly I'm not too sure about this. I just know that Condi Renegade is the favorable DPS right now.

Actually, Scrapper Hammer is pretty damn nice, probably the strongest thing going for the e-spec...Gyros being kind of meh. I play a Hammer Engi, if I could just get the rest of his skills/abilities to be as good.

As for Repentant Hammer...it's a helluva lot better than Shortbow, lol.

I tend to run Mace and Axe with Hammer if I am not e-specced on my Revenant.

I ran sword/axe and hammer on my Rev for a long time in open world meta. It is fun, not the best dps but you can smoosh adds and flip to melee, toss the #4 axe and melee down the rest. I wish Rev was more popular bc I have a load of fun on her. Although I ran fractals and raids on the Rev I wanted a more raid friendly class so I flipped to Druid. However, the Rev is still my fav in WvW.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:I miss lightning hammer ele. That used to be a lot of fun.

Isn't that still a thing -modified for the espec?I don't know because I haven't played ele in a long time. Awesome if it's still good either for temper or weaver and would get my vote for most fun hammer animations/effects. :D

Yes, staff weaver uses lightning hammer. Snowcrows or metabattle.com has the build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlIQNAscin3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFyugJshtDIANgdMrJOA-jhBBABnpEsS1fyTfBAnSgAeSAYt/o8reQAAVVVFA-e

This build is recommended by um, G... Charr Ever as part of their PvE Open World Builds - March 2018

However, this isn't your Thor-inspired clobbering-time sort of hammer — the Herald's hammer has more in common with Mesmer GS than with a Warrior's hammer.

I wonder if one of the next elite specs will have a hulk smashing hammer build that's actually good in pve. Lets see... we have Necro, Mesmer, Thief, and Ranger left (Ele would probably have a non conjured weapon before doubling up with a conjured one). Outlook looks grim.

@Moogri.1935 said:I wonder if one of the next elite specs will have a hulk smashing hammer build that's actually good in pve. Lets see... we have Necro, Mesmer, Thief, and Ranger left (Ele would probably have a non conjured weapon before doubling up with a conjured one). Outlook looks grim.

A spec that makes you more like Dhuum, except you use a Hammer, Skeleton and Ghost Minions?

They can call the weapon Dhuum's Ban Hammer in reference to GW1 :)

@LadyGal.8365 said:I see the ranger getting hammer myself and that would be a pve power build, since we got Soulbeast dagger which is condi or hybrid and the staff is more long range/healing (Druid) so the ranger deserves a good melee brawling spec next.

Slaughter House, your pet runs down a trough towards you when summoned and you bash it in the head to gain it's powers?

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@LadyGal.8365 said:I see the ranger getting hammer myself and that would be a pve power build, since we got Soulbeast dagger which is condi or hybrid and the staff is more long range/healing (Druid) so the ranger deserves a good melee brawling spec next.

Slaughter House, your pet runs down a trough towards you when summoned and you bash it in the head to gain it's powers?

[holds Wilbert Einstein's ears and scoffs] This pig is very sensitive.

@"LadyGal.8365" said:I see the ranger getting hammer myself and that would be a pve power build, since we got Soulbeast dagger which is condi or hybrid and the staff is more long range/healing (Druid) so the ranger deserves a good melee brawling spec next.

The Triumphant return of the Bunny Thumper

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Beast_master#Bunny_Thumper

Archived