Sight beyond sights

TheBravery.9615

What's the purpose of having this skill equipped? Is it worth it?

Instead of revealing enemies and making the next attack crit, it should give you a buff that allows you to see stealthed targets and always deal crit damage on them for a few seconds (ignore blind effect vs stealthed targets).

@TheBravery.9615 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Seeing stealthed players would be cool in PvP and WvW but in PvE there's a mastery that does that for everyone. But yes I will agree that this skill is under performing.

Well that's a HoT mastery, and SB is a PoF specialization. Maybe not all spellbreakers have access to that?

True, and I think it'd be thematically correct for a spell breaker to be able to break stealth's spell and see their foe that's stealthed. But I don't see Anet doing that because they want people to buy HoT (even though the HoT mastery only lets you see stealthed HoT enemies it does nothing for say cave trolls in core Tyria). Also stealth is a bad mechanic and needs to be changed to not be so OP.

@SomeGinger.5697 said:How about ignore blind untill the crit not just a quick remove of blind?Stealth is a fairly common mechanic5/9 professions have natrually access to it and pve enemies will use stealth

fairly sure it's 4/9 profs(thief, mesmer, ranger, engi), unless you're including infiltration/trapper runes in which case every class can.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Also stealth is a bad mechanic and needs to be changed to not be so OP.

Oh boy, here we go again with this.

! stealth is not actually OP, it's just your view of it.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Also stealth is a bad mechanic and needs to be changed to not be so OP.

! stealth is not actually OP, it's just
your
view of it.Please tell me from your view how it isn't OP? From my view stealth is a mechanic that you can perma stack and escape/reset a fight if a fight isn't going well for you. For a warrior once we engage in a fight we're in it for the long haul, if the fight isn't going well we're stuck there.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

your
view of it.Please tell me from your view how it isn't OP? From my view stealth is a mechanic that you can perma stack and escape/reset a fight if a fight isn't going well for you. For a warrior once we engage in a fight we're in it for the long haul, if the fight isn't going well we're stuck there.

I'm glad you've used the example of warrior there.The classes with access to stealth have it as an escape mechanic because they are more fragile. The sustain on a warrior is significantly superior to thief, engi or even mesmer(IMO) [sometimes ranger but there is a technical side to it]. Depending on your build/skill a warrior IMO has an advantage in continuous combat, other classes have the option to step away as an alternative defense strategy.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

your

I'm glad you've used the example of warrior there.The classes with access to stealth have it as an escape mechanic
because they are more fragile
. The sustain on a warrior is significantly superior to thief, engi or even mesmer(IMO) [sometimes ranger but there is a technical side to it]. Depending on your build/skill a warrior IMO has an advantage in continuous combat, other classes have the option to step away as an alternative defense strategy.

Meanwhile stealth lets some of those classes have the one shot builds. Warrior sustain doesn't help any in those.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

your

I'm glad you've used the example of warrior there.The classes with access to stealth have it as an escape mechanic
. The sustain on a warrior is significantly superior to thief, engi or even mesmer(IMO) [sometimes ranger but there is a technical side to it]. Depending on your build/skill a warrior IMO has an advantage in continuous combat, other classes have the option to step away as an alternative defense strategy.

Meanwhile stealth lets some of those classes have the one shot builds. Warrior sustain doesn't help any in those.

Whilst I agree that perhaps mesmer is the most dangerous in this area, awareness of stealthed players is key to countering. Once you become aware that a player is using stealth near you, it makes things a lot easier to counter. In the cases where you are not aware that a player is even near you and then are instantly downed, yes there is an issue, but with thief, engi , druid this is practically never a problem.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

your

Whilst I agree that perhaps mesmer is the most dangerous in this area, awareness of stealthed players is key to countering. Once you become aware that a player is using stealth near you, it makes things a lot easier to counter. In the cases where you are not aware that a player is even near you and then are instantly downed, yes there is an issue, but with thief, engi , druid this is practically never a problem.

Thief it's a massive problem too yes DE gives the malice icon on you but you don't really know when they'll strike and its got 1,500 range to boot.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

your

rly? they dont even get revealed when i anticipate the exact moment they strike and dodge or block their attack, they just stay stealthed and can try again while i wasted something pretty much, on top of that they have superior mobility to disengage whenever they feel like they are losing, to reset and come again, so i basically have to burst them down before they can run away, which is almost not possible against a thief who knows what he is doing.furthermore to the epic warri sustain everyone is crying about, its only strong when having 3 adrenal health stacks, which are gained due to using adrenal, but not just use them, you also have to connect, so blinds, dodges and blocks deny that. healing sig alone is a joke tbh. warri burst skills are so damn telegraphed its easy to avoid, and with them the warri loses a big portion of dmg and his sustain.

another point why stealth, especially perma stealth is broken because you can hide in objectives, even those who have a scout balloon inside, they simply get downed by a guard, kill it and thus lose tre scout mark, go into perma stealth. this is so damn effective at sneaking into big objectives, its no fun at all for the defending sidefor example, thiefs open sneaky a tower, they get in, lose the mark as described, because by now defenders are in the way and would interrupt them while killing lord, so they stay hidden inside and wait for defenders to leave, then they attack the lord and flip the objective, or if spotted go into hiding again...if the defenders leave a single person inside to defend fe will mist likely die to 20k+crits out if stealth from 1,5k range

Archived