Were PvP servers moved again?

When I first started playing this game, I got around 40-50 ping up to the amazon server change. At that time my ping changed to 90ish. I am now getting 120 ping every time that I log in. Since I primarily play pvp this makes the game feel NOT fun. The game just feels different now with that lag. If the server change was meant to alienate part of the player base then gj I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

@"chaox machine.1534" said:Anet doesn't care that you have a problem as long as there is no mass outcry. They are just gonna prioritize other things. And since you've mentioned that the amazon server thing.,forget any official reply. They will just look away from this.

This is neither helpful, or true. Generously, I'm going to assume you have simply misunderstood the purpose of the forums, compared to tickets: the forums are mostly for player to player support, and for "write-only" bug reporting to ANet. They read messages here, but usually don't respond.

If you, or anyone else, want a response from ANet about an issue, contact support via a ticket. They will get back to you, and give you a personalized response to your problem, whatever it may be.

@"Bossun.2046" said:When I first started playing this game, I got around 40-50 ping up to the amazon server change. At that time my ping changed to 90ish. I am now getting 120 ping every time that I log in. Since I primarily play pvp this makes the game feel NOT fun. The game just feels different now with that lag. If the server change was meant to alienate part of the player base then gj I guess.

Do you really, really think that is true? Like, ANet deliberately made a change with the specific intention of alienating part of the player base?

Because if you do, I'm really at a loss as to what you think posting here is going to achieve? Like, if you actually think the company set out to make your life miserable, why would they respond here with anything other than trolling your kitten self, and laughing?

In the real world, of course, they made the change to improve the game for all players, in which case, why did you think saying that they were engaged in a deliberate conspiracy to make you suffer would help get it resolved faster?

Anyway, if you have any real interest in finding out what is going on, https://pingplotter.com/fix-my-network is a guide to discovering where the problem happens, and from that how to resolve it. If that is on the Amazon side of things, ANet support are the right people to contact. Some of the routing issues, recently, are outside their hands, though, so it'll need other people contacted.

Archived