BG & YB - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

BG & YB

Comments

• Dralor.3701Dralor.3701 Member ✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    this is more of a descruption of t1 than talking about fighting. cant really calk it a matchup tgrrad

I love me a good old matchup thread, sounds like we are just talking semantics. 🙂

• Mirkava.8526Mirkava.8526 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@sorayuki.8906 said:
    My hope is some players from SoS will share their views, and whoever is matched up with BG & YB next week can follow up.

It could be nothing, but here's my view having played on SoS for the last 9 months: BG & YB are working together to deny any other servers enough points to remain in T1.
    On EBG, you see BG objectives untouched while SoS objectives are flipped faster than they can be reclaimed.
    On other BL's, you see the BG zerg coming to defend YB objectives.
    The 2v1-ing is seen time and time again.

SoS spent a good 6+ months in T1, but 2 weeks ago something changed. I'd love to know what so as a server we could adapt and resume our fight to beat BG for once. But if it's a rigged game, that's uh, not cool, ya know ?

not from sos but ns here.

i didnt see them.help each other. both sre just opportinistic. i even saw bg hit yb more than.us because were were not as many as yb.

both are looking for fights. so unlike what i expected where both would siege up. reality is good.

you didn't see them, end of story, once your server becomes T1 and fight them both together, then you can say you saw them.

it was only a 1 week thing i think, BG wanted to drop SOS to t2, just as a lesson that they dominate t1, with no competition. the Knt guild transfer and the double teaming, and defending yb stuff was a bit obvious, but this was only for that week.

this week things changed and back to normal

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018

@Mirkava.8526 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@sorayuki.8906 said:
    My hope is some players from SoS will share their views, and whoever is matched up with BG & YB next week can follow up.

It could be nothing, but here's my view having played on SoS for the last 9 months: BG & YB are working together to deny any other servers enough points to remain in T1.
    On EBG, you see BG objectives untouched while SoS objectives are flipped faster than they can be reclaimed.
    On other BL's, you see the BG zerg coming to defend YB objectives.
    The 2v1-ing is seen time and time again.

SoS spent a good 6+ months in T1, but 2 weeks ago something changed. I'd love to know what so as a server we could adapt and resume our fight to beat BG for once. But if it's a rigged game, that's uh, not cool, ya know ?

not from sos but ns here.

i didnt see them.help each other. both sre just opportinistic. i even saw bg hit yb more than.us because were were not as many as yb.

both are looking for fights. so unlike what i expected where both would siege up. reality is good.

you didn't see them, end of story, once your server becomes T1 and fight them both together, then you can say you saw them.

it was only a 1 week thing i think, BG wanted to drop SOS to t2, just as a lesson that they dominate t1, with no competition. the Knt guild transfer and the double teaming, and defending yb stuff was a bit obvious, but this was only for that week.

this week things changed and back to normal

my server was in t1. and so i say it. else, i would not have commented. i am just not from sos

you can check the video at my uncle nsp wants you thread.

proof.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭

PPT is serious business. Hug more doors.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2018

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:
    i have been sos for years.
    this makes no-sense, why beat only the third server, and sit staring at eacher other just to say how awesome they are?
    i think this is most related to a lazy mindset server strategy on YB/BG: "we bored, but too lazy to try anything diferent, lets just beat the weakest".

Kinda think you aren't paying attention to the replies. YB is NOT cooperating with BG. There has been NO coordinated double team. Most of us would prefer you PPT to your hearts content. However, if you think that SoS hasn't backcapped, taken advantage of 3rd server focus, and otherwise done EXACTLY what you are accusing YB/BG of doing, you haven't been paying attention the last several months.

That's EXACTLY what that'd say if there WAS collusion.

YakGate confirmed

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:
    i have been sos for years.
    this makes no-sense, why beat only the third server, and sit staring at eacher other just to say how awesome they are?
    i think this is most related to a lazy mindset server strategy on YB/BG: "we bored, but too lazy to try anything diferent, lets just beat the weakest".

Kinda think you aren't paying attention to the replies. YB is NOT cooperating with BG. There has been NO coordinated double team. Most of us would prefer you PPT to your hearts content. However, if you think that SoS hasn't backcapped, taken advantage of 3rd server focus, and otherwise done EXACTLY what you are accusing YB/BG of doing, you haven't been paying attention the last several months.

That's EXACTLY what that'd say if there WAS collusion.

YakGate confirmed

I just threw up in my mouth a little..,.

Nothing to see here.. move along..

(Goes back to taking SoS towers with two)

Thank You for the {MEME}

edited May 3, 2018

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little..,.

Well, a slight feeling of nausea is perfectly normal around one's crush.
    I believe it's referred to as "butterflies in the stomach"

• Just a suggestion what if all servers goin to t1 will 2 servers vs BG , will this make every one happy since BG is the most hated servers of all ,now to accomplish this a representative of a server will organized a plan how to execute this move for 1 week ,keeping this plan till BG ppl get demoralized and drop off T1 .

• Eremes Guile.1480Eremes Guile.1480 Member ✭✭✭

@swellercross.3974 said:
    Just a suggestion what if all servers goin to t1 will 2 servers vs BG , will this make every one happy since BG is the most hated servers of all ,now to accomplish this a representative of a server will organized a plan how to execute this move for 1 week ,keeping this plan till BG ppl get demoralized and drop off T1 .

Naa pretty sure people hated sos more. Kek.

Guild wars 3 when?

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

OK! I am FAR from the conspiracy theorist... as far as you can get... and last night... oh baby... it doesn't get any clearer than this. NSP was trying to take our Bay.. Out of nowhere comes a BG blob and hits our Garri... takes down the outter se gate. Then sits on the se wall running back and forth. The moment Bay is capped by NSP then BG leaves. Oh ya they take NET and fire a few shots at Garri to make it look like they actually wanted to hit it... then they were gone again.

Nobody can convince me that this wasn't clearly planned.. even if ONLY by BG themselves. NSP might not have even known about it for all that matters. But it was clearly an assist to have Bay taken by NSP.

After all is said and done I'm not complaining at all... I'm amused. I have many thoughts as we humans do about the motivation and at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. I suppose if I was in the server with more people than any other server by far, and bored, I would also want to find ways to amuse myself. I mean it really has to be boring knowing that all you need to do is blob up and take what you really want if you want to... much of the time anyway.

Hey I'm pretty sure I saw XTD in there causing trouble too! ahahaaaa

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

• Atticus.7194Atticus.7194 Member ✭✭✭

@sorayuki.8906 said:
    What is going on with these two servers?

YB gave up last week cause commanders didn't want to fight BG and their 24/7 coverage anymore, that's it. It's disappointing to say the least but I can kinda understand why, they can't be expected to either run wvw like a 40 hour a week job or constantly come in to pick up the pieces.

It is amazing. People continue to think that they are important enough to be 2v1'd.

Seen a true 2v1 during tournaments when BG was double teamed by JQ and TC. Was on TC at the time. Our guild refused to play along and hit JQ targets.

Was fun to wreck them. Then something interesting happened: Our own server started to give our position to JQ commanders. Led to more fights which was good.

Even some of the BG groups saw, helped when they could.

The real reason? Map politics. Of course, most today don't understand that.

Thank You for the {MEME}

all need accept you go in wvw as 1v2. matira matibay. king of the hill.

• Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2018

@swellercross.3974 said:
    Just a suggestion what if all servers goin to t1 will 2 servers vs BG , will this make every one happy since BG is the most hated servers of all ,now to accomplish this a representative of a server will organized a plan how to execute this move for 1 week ,keeping this plan till BG ppl get demoralized and drop off T1 .

Here’s the secret to bg success. Bg players love the wvw mode. That’s it. We don’t get demoralized in the sense that you propose. When we get pressed the pugs fight harder, commanders tag up more often, scouts stay up later, guilds get more organized, and so on. I understand how fashionable it is to hate on Blackgate but you can’t demoralize people doing what they love to do. We don’t win every fight but we keep coming back for more.

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

Quit the complaining and play the game , change tactics BG are beatable , there are ways you just have to use them if after how long you haven't worked it out you never will . Dont try to combat like with like use variation.

• Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

@Brother.1504 said:
    Here’s the secret to bg success. Bg players love the wvw mode. That’s it. We don’t get demoralized in the sense that you propose. When we get pressed the pugs fight harder, commanders tag up more often, scouts stay up later, guilds get more organized, and so on. I understand how fashionable it is to hate on Blackgate but you can’t demoralize people doing what they love to do. We don’t win every fight but we keep coming back for more.

This isn't true. I've personally seen BG stop showing up when they were being dominated. From what I heard/read (but did not witness), BG did the same thing during Maguuma's domination of T1.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

This isn't true. I've personally seen BG stop showing up when they were being dominated. From what I heard/read (but did not witness), BG did the same thing during Maguuma's domination of T1.

Domination? One week? Yep.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

Trouble is my middle name ;)

Let me just say that SoS really needs to understand map politics. If you don't, well it can come back to bite you on the you know what.

Somewhere chasing bags....

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

how long did maguuma "dominated" t1 and ppt?

Guild wars 3 when?

• Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Domination? One week? Yep.
    @Eremes Guile.1480 said:

I have no idea how long it lasted with Maguuma since I wasn't there to see it. I'll let someone from Maguuma speak on that topic. However, it was several weeks when JQ and 2 links were dominating T1. BG actually dropped to T2.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

Trouble is my middle name ;)

Let me just say that SoS really needs to understand map politics. If you don't, well it can come back to bite you on the you know what.

lol.. oh ya I get it. The blobs ain't gonna stop... but that won't stop me from going back in again and again and causing whatever trouble I can too :)

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

like 2 or 3 weeks to beat them down and then 9 straight weeks of nothing happening before almost everyone on Mag either transferred off or quit the game at which point BG slowly started playing again.

edited May 7, 2018

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

Just the truth but it doesn’t really matter, so many factors contribute to the wvw experience. It’s kind of a running joke on bg that the other servers think of us as a blobbing monster. Like I said bg players love wvw, that’s why we are not always but consistently successful.

@Brother.1504 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

Just the truth but it doesn’t really matter, so many factor contribute to the wvw experience. It’s kind of a running joke on bg that the other servers think of us as a blobbing monster. Like I said bg players love wvw, that’s why we are not always but consistently successful.

The reason BG has been so consistently successful is because the server has consistently attracted people who will do almost anything to win and will press any advantage they get no matter how boring or personally dissatisfying it may be to do so. BG attracts the utterly ruthless win-the-game-at-any-costs types as well as those who are seemingly immune to boredom. The two put together make BG a truly formidable opponent with only one or two obvious weaknesses which very few servers have ever been able to effectively exploit.

Those two things put together are also what's most lacking in every other server in the game currently and that's why BG always wins.

• Jerry CCH.9816Jerry CCH.9816 Member ✭✭✭

If you want beat BG just stack SEA guilds.
    bunch of guilds wipe twice then dodge map :/

• Habanero.4035Habanero.4035 Member ✭✭

I understand your server name now...

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

@Israel.7056 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

Just the truth but it doesn’t really matter, so many factor contribute to the wvw experience. It’s kind of a running joke on bg that the other servers think of us as a blobbing monster. Like I said bg players love wvw, that’s why we are not always but consistently successful.

The reason BG has been so consistently successful is because the server has consistently attracted people who will do almost anything to win and will press any advantage they get no matter how boring or personally dissatisfying it may be to do so. BG attracts the utterly ruthless win-the-game-at-any-costs types as well as those who are seemingly immune to boredom. The two put together make BG a truly formidable opponent with only one or two obvious weaknesses which very few servers have ever been able to effectively exploit.

Those two things put together are also what's most lacking in every other server in the game currently and that's why BG always wins.

Well, lol. Kinda like the idea that people think bg players are ruthless. But. Honestly again we just love the wvw mode. The guild I’m in ran an April fools day wvw raid with helium voice changers and rabbit ears. Lol. Hardly the ruthless take no prisoners badasses. More like rampaging fun loving goofs. My guild plays wvw a lot because we’re having fun together. We like to win yes but it’s not the be all end all for us. We work to be competitive, no one wants to be a bag, but won’t sacrifice our community minded culture. Shout out to Kinetic Storm (KiS) on Blackgate.

edited May 7, 2018

@Brother.1504 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

Well, lol. Kinda like the idea that people think bg players are ruthless. But. Honestly again we just love the wvw mode. The guild I’m in ran an April fools day wvw raid with helium voice changers and rabbit ears. Lol. Hardly the ruthless take no prisoners badasses. More like rampaging fun loving goofs. My guild plays wvw a lot because we’re having fun together. We like to win yes but it’s not the be all end all for us. We work to be competitive, no one wants to be a bag, but won’t sacrifice our community minded culture. Shout out to Kinetic Storm (KiS) on Blackgate.

What I mean is that BG will PPT any chance they get any way they can no matter what they have to do to make it happen including buying guilds to exploit enemy coverage gaps or do server blackouts to get more players on the server when it's full, things like that. Also BG has players who will PPT empty borderlands seemingly for hours and hours at a time which is just mindnumbingly boring for most people but BG attracts the sort of people who can and will do that kinda thing.

I wasn't talking about being ruthless in a fight god knows that's not often the case.

• Lady Sapphirah.6234Lady Sapphirah.6234 Member ✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018

@Brother.1504 said:

I tend to agree with this... yup BG can do what they want when they want and clearly they wanted SoS out of T1 that d/t week.

We did get in front of them on 2 or 3 other weeks but they just turned up at the end of the week, tightened the screws and that was the end of that.

• guest.9472guest.9472 Member ✭✭

SoS is filled with campers shouting recon instead of banding together to fight. Half of the server just stays inside of the spawn. Of course it feels like BG and YB are ganging up but it simply is SoS being a casual playground of a server. I'd love to join YB or BG considering the fact that I can solo encounters with entire zergs. I called out the SoS leadership and they simply told everyone to spam report me to get me banned. Face it: if you're on SoS, you're not going to enjoy most of WvW lmao. Those sparse moments where a commander actually holds respectable numbers behind them are frequently interrupted by knee-jerk node jumping.

The numbers then fade and all that is left are weak roamers and campers shouting recon. Where are the individuals with the confidence to take action? Seems like I am the only person fighting, not that I mind. I can't really be beaten in WvW, not matter the circumstance.

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

Too bad there aren't any good SEA guilds left except the ones on BG.

• FASTCAR.7831FASTCAR.7831 Member ✭✭✭

Speaking about YB

LEGENDARY FASTCAR
    YOUTUBE BOOSTEDLASER

edited May 7, 2018

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

sotd of dh is still good. =)

my guild is late sea to eu. we are only 8 though u.u

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

How do they do against Cookie?

@Israel.7056 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

dunno. whos cookie

@guest.9472 said:
    SoS is filled with campers shouting recon instead of banding together to fight. Half of the server just stays inside of the spawn. Of course it feels like BG and YB are ganging up but it simply is SoS being a casual playground of a server. I'd love to join YB or BG considering the fact that I can solo encounters with entire zergs. I called out the SoS leadership and they simply told everyone to spam report me to get me banned. Face it: if you're on SoS, you're not going to enjoy most of WvW lmao. Those sparse moments where a commander actually holds respectable numbers behind them are frequently interrupted by knee-jerk node jumping.

The numbers then fade and all that is left are weak roamers and campers shouting recon. Where are the individuals with the confidence to take action? Seems like I am the only person fighting, not that I mind. I can't really be beaten in WvW, not matter the circumstance.

Leadership? We have that?

As for spawn sitting... lol, huh? ok then that's big news to me but then again I don't sit at spawn... most people don't that I know of, although many do because some just don't realize you can pip down in OS. Some experiences you had with obviously some odd groups don't represent the whole server. But hey, I'm not trying to sell it. We definitely don't, for the most part, have huge groups all the time, but we do have some nice smaller groups that do like to fight. Can't do it 24x7 but when we do we have fun one way or the other. People I know, and it's a decent number, actually have a lot of fun on SoS. Like most servers it's a nice community with its obvious trolls here and there... but still a lot of fun. :)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

dunno. whos cookie

ah... cookie.. apparently the Legend of WvW. A commander better than all commanders... and I don't say that in jest. People I talk to on different servers pretty much all say the same thing. He's VERY good (so the legends go) and if you get the pleasure of meeting up with his band of demons... prepare to die. ... and no I'm not on BG ;)

@Israel.7056 said:

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

like 2 or 3 weeks to beat them down and then 9 straight weeks of nothing happening before almost everyone on Mag either transferred off or quit the game at which point BG slowly started playing again.

Did mag have links? I dint play when that happened. I do remember the Bg come back tho. It was satisfying.

Guild wars 3 when?

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

dunno. whos cookie

ah... cookie.. apparently the Legend of WvW. A commander better than all commanders... and I don't say that in jest. People I talk to on different servers pretty much all say the same thing. He's VERY good (so the legends go) and if you get the pleasure of meeting up with his band of demons... prepare to die. ... and no I'm not on BG ;)

ok..=) ^.^;; (◞‸◟)

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

dunno. whos cookie

Um. Commander Cookie is basically this.

(´・ω・`) ok

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭

@Brother.1504 said:

So what you are saying is......when pressured, he gets his zerg and runs into their own towers/keeps? :)

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

Did mag have links? I dint play when that happened. I do remember the Bg come back tho. It was satisfying.

Yeah Mag had a link. No one played when it happened except Visual. I don't know how that could've been satisfying for anyone. I was on BG for over three years and I am still ashamed to have ever been there after that display.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

dunno. whos cookie

He's the main BG sea pin, I rarely see Alex anymore.

edited May 7, 2018

I remember when Disco used to get props as a top commander.
    Funny how competition, or better the lack thereof does that.

As long as we are name dropping sea commanders on bg don’t forget the Bengbus. The pugs love that dude.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

So what you are saying is......when pressured, he gets his zerg and runs into their own towers/keeps? :)

Well. Was thinking more along the lines. Against overwhelminging odds Cookie turns the tide of battle. Lol.

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭

@Brother.1504 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Brother.1504 said:

Well. Was thinking more along the lines. Against overwhelminging odds Cookie turns the tide of battle. Lol.

Just trolling u mate :)

• Habanero.4035Habanero.4035 Member ✭✭

@Brother.1504 said:
    As long as we are name dropping sea commanders on bg don’t forget the Bengbus. The pugs love that dude.

ho shiiiiiiiiiiiit

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.