Things that Should be changed For Next Season

zoopop.5630

Just going to list a few things that should be addressed and looked on by anet.

1. Having the top 250 play 1 game every 2-3 days after meeting the total game requirement for the season kills the match making/population

What I believe should be done in order to keep people from camping their rating/spot on the leader board is that anyone above Plat should be required to play 2-3 games per day before they get decayed or drop in rating from not playing long enough(for the "casual" players this would suck but then again rank shouldn't be so casual in the first place).

1. Add New titles, Rewards, Or even add a new legendary that would requier a few season to complete.

Adding some of this new achievements , or reward would generate more players to jump over and focus in playing rank(more people playing the better it is for everyone).

1. Report system NEEDS to be adjusted/fixed so it can actually be useful to report x player for x amount of reasons.

the current report system seems to be a "joke" toward a lot of negative players/trolls that just don't fear it at all. This needs to be looked into and buffed in terms of how it should be feared so we can get less toxic games/players. Can't have a proper report system if no one really respects it enough to fear it right?

1. Rating system NEEDS to be relooked into If the spvp Population is low

If noting being done to attract more players into spvp, then the Rating system needs to be addressed big time. If one player has 30 wins over loses in rank but is rated at 1600 rating because he or she played over 150 games total and Player 2 has 25 wins over loses but under 150 games total played and yet is rated in the 1700s because he or she is playing the "minimal" games required then something doesn't add up at all. The current system in place at the moment seem to punishes players for playing to much which doesn't make sense at all and is a factor as to why match making/population really low when queuing up(when above plat rating).

1. Soft reset after every season needs to be swapped into "hard" reset after every season or the very least after xx amount of seasons

these soft resets haven't done a single thing besides keep the same 50-100 players in the same exact spot over and over. With a system that punishes players for spamming to much rank games how does this benefit silver/gold players if they are pretty much rest into the same setting they were before the season ended with a rating system that does more harm to your overall rating level even if you go 50/50?

Just a few things i believe should be added/changed in order to help make things a lot smoother for players, however none of these are "facts" it's just an opinion of a player whos been around 5 season with the same rating level of plat 1 - plat 3 over and over. The game is enjoyable because the battle system is different and amazing but it gets really boring when matches end up 100-500 winning only 6 rating, but if i lose a match where it's 189-500 i lose out on 17-19 rating which is a reason why so many "smart" players play 1 - 3 game every few days after reaching over 100 games played total in the season. This kills the population and the fun from most players and should be deeply looked into @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 if you can please give us some details on any of the things listed ill highly appreciate it.

P.S I didn't mention balancing because it's pretty obv we all know it's needed more frequently.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about some mappacks so it doesn't get stale? I mean capri+coli are the only 2 maps we've gotten in 6 years. That's an average of 1 map per 3 years.. I love the game and the combat but even I'm bored as fuck at this point. Just playing cuz it's a habit like 90% of the pvp population does atm. But honestly I think we're way beyond all of this, the population shrinks every season still and more & more good players lose interest. Wish I could say we had a good run but as we speak it's still plagued with game altering bugs since PoF launch overshadowed by whatever flavor-of-the-month aidsbuild is meta (looking at you chronos & condi thieves). Add some wank matchmaking (due to low population) to it and it's a recipe to drive player insane. It's a sad day when you realize you rather stare at google chrome than pvp in your all time favorite MMO :(

@"zoopop.5630" said:Just going to list a few things that should be addressed and looked on by anet.

1. Having the top 250 play 1 game every 2-3 days after meeting the total game requirement for the season kills the match making/population

What I believe should be done in order to keep people from camping their rating/spot on the leader board is that anyone above Plat should be required to play 2-3 games per day before they get decayed or drop in rating from not playing long enough(for the "casual" players this would suck but then again rank shouldn't be so casual in the first place).

1. Add New titles, Rewards, Or even add a new legendary that would requier a few season to complete.

Adding some of this new achievements , or reward would generate more players to jump over and focus in playing rank(more people playing the better it is for everyone).

1. Report system NEEDS to be adjusted/fixed so it can actually be useful to report x player for x amount of reasons.

the current report system seems to be a "joke" toward a lot of negative players/trolls that just don't fear it at all. This needs to be looked into and buffed in terms of how it should be feared so we can get less toxic games/players. Can't have a proper report system if no one really respects it enough to fear it right?

If noting being done to attract more players into spvp, then the Rating system needs to be addressed big time. If one player has 30 wins over loses in rank but is rated at 1600 rating because he or she played over 150 games total and Player 2 has 25 wins over loses but under 150 games total played and yet is rated in the 1700s because he or she is playing the "minimal" games required then something doesn't add up at all. The current system in place at the moment seem to punishes players for playing to much which doesn't make sense at all and is a factor as to why match making/population really low when queuing up(when above plat rating).

1. Soft reset after every season needs to be swapped into "hard" reset after every season or the very least after xx amount of seasons

these soft resets haven't done a single thing besides keep the same 50-100 players in the same exact spot over and over. With a system that punishes players for spamming to much rank games how does this benefit silver/gold players if they are pretty much rest into the same setting they were before the season ended with a rating system that does more harm to your overall rating level even if you go 50/50?

Just a few things i believe should be added/changed in order to help make things a lot smoother for players, however none of these are "facts" it's just an opinion of a player whos been around 5 season with the same rating level of plat 1 - plat 3 over and over. The game is enjoyable because the battle system is different and amazing but it gets really boring when matches end up 100-500 winning only 6 rating, but if i lose a match where it's 189-500 i lose out on 17-19 rating which is a reason why so many "smart" players play 1 - 3 game every few days after reaching over 100 games played total in the season. This kills the population and the fun from most players and should be deeply looked into @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 if you can please give us some details on any of the things listed ill highly appreciate it.

P.S I didn't mention balancing because it's pretty obv we all know it's needed more frequently.

I like it, but will it happen? Probabaly, and in like 24 months.

@"zoopop.5630" said:Just going to list a few things that should be addressed and looked on by anet.

Give that man a cookie.

@Chilli.2976 said:

I like it, but will it happen? Probabaly, and in like 24 months.

what more can we do other then redirect Anet in a path that they should take in a positive way? I'll rather it take 24 months vs never(lol) however I like staying positive on things as long as it helps the community over all.

@Theros.1390 said:

Give that man a cookie.

Cookie accepted, thank you! :astonished:

5th point only should fix most problems.Actually, i'd rather have everyone start at 1000 rating and have to climb over the ladder. So far, matchs are annoying because the meta is too much upon butterfly effects and powercreeps, such as it takes 1-2 mistakes to lose, and it's too hard to carry against mesmers and scourges.

When i'm logging, series of 3 loses are like : 1st match crap setup vs good setup we lose, 2nd match is 4v5, 3rd match there is one guy trolling teammates and afking at 200-300. I wouldn't mind if this happened at 1000 rating, but this happens too often at 1500 rating, which is rather high considering the population, and isn't motivating to go on.

@"zoopop.5630" said:(...)

What I believe should be done in order to keep people from camping their rating/spot on the leader board is that anyone above Plat should be required to play 2-3 games per day before they get decayed or drop in rating from not playing long enough(for the "casual" players this would suck but then again rank shouldn't be so casual in the first place).(...)

As long as it wouldn't exceed 120 games, fine. I would like to add a mechanic that prevents people popping up in top250 in the last 24 hours. Make people play throughout the whole season, not only at the beginning, not only at the end.

Totally agree with the rest though.

How about a kick system? Why report someone when you can have a simple system that a team can use to kick someone that is AFK or idle or feeding? I think this would be a much better system, being able to kick someone and probably have that player replaced with someone else. Even if the team that kicked a player loses the match, they won't lose any skill rating.

The rating system needs to punish players that are just bad. For example, 4 players are doing amazing and are leading by 100 points, but they have one player that has like 2 kills and 6 deaths. For the most part, this player only goes into team fights and has no idea how to play. My problem with the rating system is that it doesn't punish bad players, meaning that good players are carrying bad players and now the bad players have a gold or platinum rating due to being carried.

totally agree and soft reset is just plain stupid, after all the seasons with people playing overtuned builds and getting soft resets so they get placed back in nearly the same spot only to play the next overtuned build is beyond a joke. Anet seems to think that protecting players mmr is a winning strat, yet they are so far from the truth its a skritt show. HARD reset everyone and if you are good you can get your rating back. unless anet cannot balance this joke of a game and keep giving people overtuned builds to play.! Balls in your court ANET about time you stepped up and sort this skritt show out!

@"Hoodie.1045" said:How about a kick system? Why report someone when you can have a simple system that a team can use to kick someone that is AFK or idle or feeding? I think this would be a much better system, being able to kick someone and probably have that player replaced with someone else. Even if the team that kicked a player loses the match, they won't lose any skill rating.

Unfortunately, this will get Thieves kicked out of a lot of games. We seem to always get the blame when something goes bad. It gets magnified when you repeatedly get teamed up with the same player or two who blame you for doing X, Y, and Z, yet they don't have a clue what you were actually doing... and usually don't know how to play themselves.

The rating system needs to punish players that are just bad. For example, 4 players are doing amazing and are leading by 100 points, but they have one player that has like 2 kills and 6 deaths. For the most part, this player only goes into team fights and has no idea how to play.

I think it also would need to take into account the caps/decaps/revives of the player. I'm a Thief... we don't always have a great kill/death ratio, but we do contribute a lot to points/denial of points. In recent experience, the "worst" players on my teams have been the ones who constantly and consistently continue to go solo to Far... only to die over and over again. And it's been Engineers and Warriors mainly in my case... not even Thieves. Personally, I'd much prefer newbies to stick with the team than to go solo.

Unfortunately, this will get Thieves kicked out of a lot of games. We seem to always get the blame when something goes bad. It gets magnified when you repeatedly get teamed up with the same player or two who blame you for doing X, Y, and Z, yet they don't have a clue what you were actually doing... and usually don't knowhow to play themselves.

Maybe if there was a way to see if the thief has the lowest amount of decap points or offence points, then maybe it could be justified to kick the thief, especially if they are doing poorly. I really want to have a simple kick system, but the question is: how do you incorporate a kick system without it being abused or misused by other players?

I think it also would need to take into account the caps/decaps/revives of the player. I'm a Thief... we don't always have a great kill/death ratio, but we do contribute a lot to points/denial of points. In recent experience, the "worst" players on my teams have been the ones who constantly and consistently continue to go solo toFar... only to die over and over again. And it's been Engineers and Warriors mainly in my case... not even Thieves. Personally, I'd much prefer newbies to stick with the team than to go solo.

I think that you should get more points when you decap capture points as a thief to get the Offence tag at the end of the match. I've had many instances where as I was playing thief, I made sure to decap the far point and didn't get the Offence tag. As long as the players' kill/death ratio is not negative especially if they're new, they should not get punished. But it still needs to take into account the players that do poorly and have their skill rating increased because they were carried by much better players.

I think at some point they might need to look into diminishing returns or something. I know stability is there for a reason but there is a bit too much interrupt, stun, daze, pull, knock back, knock down, fear spam. I can imagine for new players that aren’t used to these abilities pvp is a crappy experience. Not to mention there are some chrono builds that can interrupt/daze/stun/float spam you for the entire duration of a fight all while phantasms and shatters whittle you down.

And from apparently pistol pistol thieves but I’m assuming they are using the mark refresh utility and daze on steal. Plus headshot spam if they aren’t being focused.

@Aza.2105 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:
  1. NERF Mesma evade , blurr, block, stealth avilities with higher cds and shorter durations

Well according to many mesmer defenders, they can't do all at once!

I mean. You can't. Not without long cooldowns anyway. But okay.

For future reference: Decoy has a 40 second cooldown, Signet of Midnight has a 30 second cooldown, The Prestige has a 30 second cooldown, and Echo of Memory has a 35 second cooldown. Not a single one of those stealth skills lasts longer than 3 seconds.

Also the one meaningful block and the evades are mutually exclusive but Mesmers can dual-spec now I guess. I'll add that to list of things we apparently have infinite amounts of.

Honestly, aside from balance and hard-resetting people, the only issue with PvP is the fact that people just don't know how to play the mode properly. Resources like: https://www.godsofpvp.net will help to address this, but more needs to be done in some shape or form by ANet to teach people how to cope with Ranked PvP. It's not uncommon to find Thieves that can't rotate, Supports that can't support, Teams that can't mark or focus targets. All of this leads to the negative atmosphere towards individuals within Ranked. I'm not going to get into the circular argument that Team Queue would fix this and provide enjoyment, but PvP needs more 'tutorials' for Unranked/New Players, IMO to alleviate the issue of newbies ruining matches for others.

If it's possible, and it'd hurt the population a bit: You could prevent people from playing with each other depending on the amount of Ranked Matches that they've played. For instance, until you've played 50 Ranked Matches/won 20 Ranked Matches/or any other variable, you can't join the wider Ranked Ladder. At that point, I feel someone has a general understanding of their class, and how to play.

Just an idea, tho! <3

1. Disagree - the total games required to be on the leader board which increases by 5 each week and the current decay system really eliminate leader board camping. By the end of the season, imo the leaderboard represents the best active players for the season.

2. Agree.

3. Disagree - based on the amount of conspiracy theorist and whiners chatting and posting on the forums i can only imagine how much bs is in the report ticket que. I see your point but pick your battles.

4. Disagree - The Glicko-2 rating system is the best there is for this type of game.

5. Agree

@Aza.2105 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Next season should introduce team/guild leagues with a leader board that shows team/guild position instead of individuals

With what player population??

There won't be much to start with but after a few months the population will grow back again...

Guilds would be bringing in 5-20 players depending on how big the guild is, which means a lot of those players could be new but they could end up having a lot of fun and staying. Which means a growing population.

@Aza.2105 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Next season should introduce team/guild leagues with a leader board that shows team/guild position instead of individuals

With what player population??

Honestly why change anything, the population is steadily shrinking.

If only we could point to an event that effectively killed off PVP guilds....if there was just some point in GW2 history that Anet could undo or reconstitute...but nah, nothing comes to mind.

You're right, as you were.

Archived