Support ticket times? GW1 Account issue

Hey all, just a quick one - what are current support ticket response times like? I raised a ticket 4 days ago and had "last activity" updated a couple of times on it, but no further progress for 3 days. I forgot my login for GW1 and I'm guessing a password reset isn't too hard... but I saw some older threads here saying ticket times can be weeks... is that still the case?

@"hailtonothing.5283" said:Hey all, just a quick one - what are current support ticket response times like? I raised a ticket 4 days ago and had "last activity" updated a couple of times on it, but no further progress for 3 days. I forgot my login for GW1 and I'm guessing a password reset isn't too hard... but I saw some older threads here saying ticket times can be weeks... is that still the case?

There's some confusion about what "support ticket response time" means. For customers, it means that their goal is have a meaningful response by the "time limit." In practice, some people are going to get help very quickly and some very slowly, even when the queues are very short. For simple stuff, the response will be quicker; the more complex the issue, the longer it could take before getting any response.

Or in other words, knowing the "current support response times" isn't going to help much: if it's longer than the usual 3 days, you'll still have to wait for them to get back to you :(

Anything that is about GW1 is almost certainly going to take longer, since it's not the primary target audience of the GW2 support team and so people are going to have to learn the procedures. That's probably why you see activity on your ticket, but no response.

In the meantime, if your GW1 and GW2 accounts are linked, then your logon credentials are the same: use the same email address and password as you do for GW2. (If they aren't linked, I don't know of any shortcut to getting back in.)

I've been trying to get back into Guild Wars 1 for going on 4 days now. I think my problem is simply that I don't remember any GW1 character names. Honestly, it amazes me that they expect you to remember character names from a game you might not have played in 10 or more years. My GW1 and GW2 are linked and I know my email and password. I even know my GW1 game key, and can login just fine to GW2. Yet, still waiting. Old character names is a terrible idea for use as a security question IMO.

@Medori.7285 said:Honestly, it amazes me that they expect you to remember character names from a game you might not have played in 10 or more years.

Old character names is the sort of security question that gamers are likely to remember but hackers aren't likely to figure out.

Check your old installation folders/documents folder for GW1 screenshots (you might have titled them after a toon). Maybe there's a name similar to one in GW2. Or maybe someone you know in GW2 remembers one of your character's names. Maybe you were in a guild and the old website shows former toon names.

Otherwise Support will eventually get back to you.

@Medori.7285 said:I've been trying to get back into Guild Wars 1 for going on 4 days now. I think my problem is simply that I don't remember any GW1 character names. Honestly, it amazes me that they expect you to remember character names from a game you might not have played in 10 or more years. My GW1 and GW2 are linked and I know my email and password. I even know my GW1 game key, and can login just fine to GW2. Yet, still waiting. Old character names is a terrible idea for use as a security question IMO.

I remember at least two of my character names, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting the password wrong. But I have no idea what the password could be. It would be so much easier if they had a password reset tool that just emailed you out a reset link like practically every other platform on the planet, which would also save them needing to answer tickets to resolve issues like this.

I also thought I had linked my accounts in GW beta stage, but I recall there was an issue at the time and it may not have worked correctly. The account info here doesn't show GW1, so I guess it just didn't work or something. Every attempt at guessing my password has failed so I'm kinda stuck until support solves the problem. I've still got my old game boxes and expansions so I'll have all the keys lying around too if they need that.

Oh also, you might be able to verify a character name by putting it in the hall of monuments. I did that to confirm. Of course it'll only confirm the character name exists, not that it's YOUR character.

:anguished:I know it'd never happen but it'd be cool to see where in the queue your ticket was sitting, and get status updates about when it's being assigned, looked at, etc. At least it would feel more like something was happening, not that it's gone into a black hole never to be heard from again.

I agree. I would like to see any sort of response, automated or otherwise, just a "we have received your request" would be nice.I wonder if they are responded to in order depending on the type of problem you are having? I'm only asking for any character name from GW1.Good luck to you hailtonothing! B)

@"Medori.7285" said:I agree. I would like to see any sort of response, automated or otherwise, just a "we have received your request" would be nice.I wonder if they are responded to in order depending on the type of problem you are having? I'm only asking for any character name from GW1.Good luck to you hailtonothing! B)

If you aren't receiving the near-immediate automated response, check your spam/junk mail folders, and/or add all ArenaNet and guildwars2.com addresses to your whitelist. Be aware: some email providers do block support emails.

Good luck.

Then, either your Support Ticket (created via the web-form accessed through the 'Support' link above/below)didn't go through, or your email provider is blocking the emails.

No, the automated response email would not show up on the 'My Tickets' page.

You could try using a different email provider and address.

Good luck.

Thanks Inculpatus, I still have an email chain from support from January a year ago, and I still use the same email (Yahoo), so I don't think its a problem with my email. I've added guild wars and arenanet to white list, and checked spam and trash.
You are saying I should have received an automated response, correct? It that is true, then maybe I should submit another ticket.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Then, either your Support Ticket (created via the web-form accessed through the 'Support' link above/below)didn't go through, or your email provider is blocking the emails.

No, the automated response email would not show up on the 'My Tickets' page.

You could try using a different email provider and address.

Good luck.

I also didn't get any kind of automated response to raising my ticket. It's not in spam, I'm using gmail so it's not my provider that's the problem, I also get emails from arenanet just fine - I have a bunch of GW2 emails, authorise login emails and password change emails.

Edit: I'm also wary of creating a new ticket though because all the advice says not to do that because it takes longer when they have to reconcile multiple tickets for the same issue??

Archived