Anet maybe less doom and gloom?

aandiarie.7195

Every new map now has a lot of doom and gloom. I just wondered if anet can tone down the "killing off everyone" and end of the world stuff a pinch.My favorite map back in the day was queensdale because of how pretty and relaxing it is. Now all these new maps and stories are very intense a bit into doom and gloom.Just maybe for the next new map or etc make it look happy a bit or have some nice things happen. :)

I get that the intensity of stuff hitting the fan captivates people, but I just want 1 new map that is more happy or something in the next story chapter that is more happy.A new character or something nice.

I kind of agree with the OP. There was a place in the original maps for beauty, lightheartedness and a sense of wonder. That has mostly fallen by the wayside. The story now is no more serious than the original, and the maps could still include such things without distracting from the story. The beauty of the game was one of its best features, and that has largely been supplanted with rubble. Mostly beige/brown rubble.

@HardRider.2980 said:What for rainbows and lollypops

Those would be nice too. I'm kind of tired of these uber-edgy teen angst storylines. And it's pointless to introduce characters, and then almost instantly kill them off: why should anyone care about them, if they barely know them?

This game needs a 'beach episode'. Something lighthearted to break the constant trend of gloom and doom.

@Danikat.8537 said:People kept asking for more 'dark', serious content.

As Just A Flesh Wound Says 'be careful what you ask for, Anet might just give it to you'.

But then in a story perspective, it's inevitable that fights and clashes will happen sooner or later. Each dragon awakening will only bring death, then entities going rogue into the mix adds for more death/dark/seriousness. If you want even darker content though, try playing Path of Exile, it can get pretty gruesome at times.

Archived