trait Charged Mists is useless

Arkantos.7460

why cant we just get a trait , trait this and get 25 more energie orjust the option to add remaining energy from last legend to the next onethe timeframe to activate this trait is hilarious short ,never get proced in pvp cause i have to swap earlierwhy only rev gets this sort of traits with such a downside.... all other classes get winwin from any trait ... just a *#-" in revs face again

@"Arkantos.7460" said:why cant we just get a trait , trait this and get 25 more energie orjust the option to add remaining energy from last legend to the next onethe timeframe to activate this trait is hilarious short ,never get proced in pvp cause i have to swap earlierwhy only rev gets this sort of traits with such a downside.... all other classes get winwin from any trait ... just a *#-" in revs face again

This trait is designed to only be used by:

RenegadeCondition buildOnly in raids

It does not work in any other form. And yes it is very poorly designed.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:why cant we just get a trait , trait this and get 25 more energie orjust the option to add remaining energy from last legend to the next onethe timeframe to activate this trait is hilarious short ,never get proced in pvp cause i have to swap earlierwhy only rev gets this sort of traits with such a downside.... all other classes get winwin from any trait ... just a *#-" in revs face again

also used in ventari - you should use elite to gain zero nrg and swap to gain 25 more for jalis elite or shiro evadescan be used with jalis hammer spin and shiro

cant be used with herald (useless)

can also used in wvw healing builds renegade and ventari or jalis ventari.pvp atm rev is weak with builds but i can see sort of using it

@messiah.1908 said:

also used in ventari - you should use elite to gain zero nrg and swap to gain 25 more for jalis elite or shiro evadescan be used with jalis hammer spin and shiro

cant be used with herald (useless)

can also used in wvw healing builds renegade and ventari or jalis ventari.pvp atm rev is weak with builds but i can see sort of using it

The question is not can it be used, but should it be used. I can see Ventari variant builds would consider it. But let us be real, these are mostly nont viable builds. And no one uses any herald dps build, in any game mode, would even consider it.

The trait surely needs a change. Though it is far from rev most useless trait. At least it sees the light of day somewhere. Good portion of renegade traits are obsolete.

Actually I find Charged Mists one of the better designed traits. It rewards us for using our upkeep skills, and works very well in either Glint or Renegade.

The problem is that the requirement is ridiculously hard when not depending on an upkeep. Furthermore, there aren't much supporting traits to compliment the legend-swapping theme. Equilibrium (or whatever it's called for) competes with it for grandmaster slot. There isn't much strategy involved with the legend-swapping playstyle aside from forcing us to change skills based on an arbitrary timer.

How I imagine this trait is conceptually supposed to work is to promote us to blow our big skills every 10 seconds.

Here is what I'd do: Combine Charged Mists and Equilibrium into a new trait that focuses on making the best use of our legend in 10 second bursts every time we swap. Keep Charged Mists with its current effect, but make the Equilibrium part of the skill give a unique temporary buff every time you swap the legend. Kalla can give Life Steal, Shiro can grant a mini-impossible odds (more strikes!) Ventari grants healing power, Glint can do something actually useful, etc...

Aside from that, maybe I'd increase energy threshold to 15 instead of 10.

It probably works fine for PvE, but I think it's too distracting to be of much use in PvP/WvW. Not really much time to think about energy costs when some enemies can burst you down in just a few seconds. Maybe there could be a skill split where the threshold is based on how much health you have instead.

I'm not sure why there's even a trait designed to reward switching when you use all your energy – which is what most revs do when they use it all up. My favourite suggestion above is simply adding the current legend's energy to the new one. Really, rev – like elementalist – needs to reward both switching legend frequently AND sticking with one legend. At the moment, they only do the former. Unless a new elite spec focuses on this, I like the idea of adding current legend's energy to the switched one – or maybe an extra pip of energy regent after staying with one legend for a length of time – sort of like what Tempest is versus Weaver.

The trait meant to be use for buff spec. You just use what ever high energy skill upkeep skill then switch legendary at the same time. Renegade got it easy since spec got a 0 activation skills with moderate energy use to trigger the Charged Mist effect. Maybe Trait could increase Energy there sholdto make it smoother to use.

@"Clownmug.8357" said:It probably works fine for PvE, but I think it's too distracting to be of much use in PvP/WvW. Not really much time to think about energy costs when some enemies can burst you down in just a few seconds. Maybe there could be a skill split where the threshold is based on how much health you have instead.

That isn't really a problem however.

The game has so many traits and so many knobs via which to tweak your character, it's not only acceptable if each individual one is only useful in a subset of the game's contexts, it is expected. It'd be entirely utopian to try make everything useful in all contexts so it actually comes down to player preference.

Rather, your character is expected to ues a single "optimized" spec for each context, and change that as the context changes. Very rarely, and probably more due to sheer dumb luck, there are 2-3 viable setups for a single context, but even then that usually only means that the difference is minor, there's still a better and a worse.

Of course, one could make a point that - and I feel this has to happen or the game's design will become too heavyweight by the third expansion - a lot of these knobs need to be cut. Without replacement. In the past I've mentioned that trait lines should probably have a short list of fixed effects for selecting them, and no in-traitline traits at all. Because that's too many buttons, and too many miniscule effects. It also implies that each individual effect has to be tiny in effect, and the total design difference between spec X (say a power zerker build) and spec Y (say a cleric healing build) is still way too big, despite how miniscule each trait / sigil / rune is in individual effect.

The game might just need serious decluttering, removing 50%-75% of the options we have, in return for making the remaining 25%-50% conceptually much stronger and significant if picked.

I don't like the trait in its current form either. The requirement to have low energy when swapping is too large a drawback - it is just too unwieldy right now. Agreed with all who have suggested it should instead be taking your current energy and adding it to your pool in your newly swapped legend. So if you swapped while at 50% or more (while in combat) you could start out your new legend at 100%. Maybe OP? Not sure, but I know I would likely use the trait then.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:I don't like the trait in its current form either. The requirement to have low energy when swapping is too large a drawback - it is just too unwieldy right now. Agreed with all who have suggested it should instead be taking your current energy and adding it to your pool in your newly swapped legend. So if you swapped while at 50% or more (while in combat) you could start out your new legend at 100%. Maybe OP? Not sure, but I know I would likely use the trait then.

Maybe not all of it, 50% would be pretty solid though. 100% i think would be a little overpowered though would require lots of auto attacks and not alot of skill useage, so maybe that could balance it out.

Archived