Expect Epidemic nerf next week.

Kam.4092

I hope they buff Reapers a lot for PvE in return. It's really annoying to see Necromancers are getting nerfs with every patch instead of buffs. For PvE/Raids, Necromancers in general are already doing bad on DPS benchmarks. That makes Necros unwanted for Raids. I wonder when they are going to make Necros compete with Elementalist/Mesmer meta for PvE. I'm open to any Necro elite spec actually, just make one of them viable. It feels bad to see your character getting nerfed with every patch despite not being viable in terms of DPS. Make Necro Great Again.

@Hoodie.1045 said:I'm expecting Scourge get nerfed hard and I'm expecting both core and Reaper to get buffed and to be viable because to be honest I'm getting sick of Scourges and how annoying they are.

Buffing core wont Work. Cause then you will be buffing scourge As Well.

That would First need a complete rework.Ok. Maybe If deathshroud was buffed heavily.

On monday i was in fractals and we missed some CC. So i specced for condi-reaper.I Went into shroud, got one Tick of social akwardness and was almost Out of lifeforce.Thats pretty Shitty.

As Long As it stays Like this. Reaper will suck in raids or anywhere Else.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:I'm expecting Scourge get nerfed hard and I'm expecting both core and Reaper to get buffed and to be viable because to be honest I'm getting sick of Scourges and how annoying they are.

Buffing core wont Work. Cause then you will be buffing scourge As Well.

That would First need a complete rework.Ok. Maybe If deathshroud was buffed heavily.

On monday i was in fractals and we missed some CC. So i specced for condi-reaper.I Went into shroud, got one Tick of social akwardness and was almost Out of lifeforce.Thats pretty kitten.

As Long As it stays Like this. Reaper will suck in raids or anywhere Else.

I never said that core necromancer needs to have its' specializations buffed or certain utility skills buffed, I'm talking about buffing something that both Reaper and Scourge don't have, which is Death Shroud. I do agree that core necromancer needs a serious rework and the best way to do that is to improve Death Shroud. In its' current state, it's not that good. The reason for that is that you have a ranged auto attack, a gap closer, a ranged fear, a 600 radius AoE attack and a 600 radius AoE immobilize. Overall you have 2 power attacks, 2 condition attacks and a utility skill. The problem with Death Shroud is that it doesn't know whether it's intended for power builds or condition builds, so it's in this hybrid area, having a bit of both types of skills.

In order to improve core Shroud, here are a few ideas on how to do it:

1. Life Blast

It pierces and has a really good range, but the cast time and the below average damage is what kills it. Increase the damage by 20-30% and reduce the cast time from 1 seconds to 0.75 seconds.

2. Dark Path

It's a delayed teleport because you have a projectile that needs to hit your target in order for you to teleport to them. Either increase the projectile speed or remove the projectile and make it so that it teleports you at the end of the cast time.

3. Doom

This is the only good skill because it's an instant fear and has a reasonable cooldown. It doesn't need to be changed in my opinion, though it's not enough due to how bad the other skills are.

4. Life Transfer

The damage is average at best and it needs to be increased. Also, in order to get a noticeable life force back, you need to attack at least 5 players around you. What I would do is increase the damage by 10-20%, increase the life force you get from 3% to 8-10% and reduce the cooldown from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

5. Tainted Shackles

It has a 0.75 seconds cast time, but the problem is that it takes 4 seconds to immobilize your foes and the damage done by the shackles is not that good. Make it so that it immobilizes foes and the end of the cast time and reduce the cooldown from 40 seconds to 35 seconds.

Overall, core necromancer is in a really bad state. Both core and Reaper need to be improved and be made viable because ArenaNet talks all the time about wanting build variety. They talk about wanting to have players compete with different builds, but how do you expect build variety when there's always one viable option (Scourge)? It sucks that ArenaNet forgets about core and the previous elite specializations, just leaving them to sit there, collecting dust while the newest and shiny specialization gets all the attention.

@Deadvillager.1956 said:Are we still blaming epidemic for all our problems? Yes epi bouncing is strong, however, it is just as situational as insane weaver DPS. Can we expect nerfs from weaver AoE stacking as well or will we just try to trade epi for buffs we will probably never get?

Are u new to the game? XD

As if weaver gets nerfed. Best joke I heard the last days.

Necro getting buffs. That one is even better.

Never laughed so good :tongue:

@vicious.5683 said:

@Sephylon.4938 said:And a 20% axe buff to compensate?

just 10%. 20% would be insane for Anet.

You're right. Though considering how powerful the skill they're nerfing is, it'll prob be a 1-5% buff instead if 10 to make it fair to us.> @Nimon.7840 said:

@Deadvillager.1956 said:Are we still blaming epidemic for all our problems? Yes epi bouncing is strong, however, it is just as situational as insane weaver DPS. Can we expect nerfs from weaver AoE stacking as well or will we just try to trade epi for buffs we will probably never get?

We get axe buffs, those count right?

@vicious.5683 said:

@Sephylon.4938 said:And a 20% axe buff to compensate?

just 10%. 20% would be insane for Anet.

You're right. Though considering how powerful the skill they're nerfing is, it'll prob be a 1-5% buff instead if 10 to make it fair to us.

@Nimon.7840 said:

We get axe buffs, those count right?

Maybe Necro gets the power Warr treatment aswell. It was unplayable for a really long time and is in a perfect spot now. They even buffed the useless meme skill axe 5 into the strongest power skill.

Power reaper already has an ok rotation. All it needs are maybe gs2 behaviour changes and some number tweaks. It has no mobility aswell so it wouldn't even destroy pvp.Just relying on epi bounce as only viable dps choice was not really a good design to begin with.But then there is the chance of staff weaver nerfs and sword weaver buffs to compensate. That would be the worst that could happen. Since sword weaver dps is not dependant on hitbox size and could be stacked everywhere. It even stacks vuln.

Im honestly hoping core shroud will be normalized between its underwater and ground skills

I would like to see plague blast be a thing on land it would increase core potential by a long shot with that single change in itselfFaster cast timex fer one condi per balstetc.

I could careless how much they destroy epidemic

Epidemic doesn't need to be nerfed- it needs to be shared. Just like scourge got a mini mesmer portal and rev got alacrity, epidemic could be tweaked and given to other classes. There could even be a power version of it- a debuff on the boss which shoots incoming power damage to nearby enemies for like 3-5 secs. I doubt epi will be touched for a long time; it's extremely niche. On the other hand, if necro damage was just buffed across the line, there would be less reliance on epi and necro would be less undesirable in raids/fracs.

Archived