Is the patch next week going to have pvp balance changes?

@Aza.2105 said:Heck no. We'll see a balance patch probably sometime in July. And that balance patch won't even be good, it will just make things worse.

The split balance patch was literally nothing but good changed with the exception of the Explosives Nerf for Engineer and the Fresh Air nerf for Elementalist. You can criticize how far off we are from the balance target, but the patch pretty much only made positive changes.

I have my reservations about dropping a big balance patch in the middle of the season again, however.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Aza.2105 said:Heck no. We'll see a balance patch probably sometime in July. And that balance patch won't even be good, it will just make things worse.

The split balance patch was literally nothing but good changed with the exception of the Explosives Nerf for Engineer and the Fresh Air nerf for Elementalist. You can criticize how far off we are from the balance target, but the patch pretty much only made positive changes.

I have my reservations about dropping a big balance patch in the middle of the season again, however.

Yeah but that positive is just a illusion. Because their positive changes are usually baby steps, while the negative changes are usually gigantic steps. The mesmer rework pretty much undid any positive change the patch might have brought.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

The split balance patch was literally nothing but good

It was sort of good, but failed to truly grasp how bad the situation is.

If you take an aspect of the game that is overperforming by 80% and only nerf it by 10% then well it's still 70% OP.

It's good that the balance team at least seems to recognize where the problems lie, but if they won't also accept just how big those problems are then it's a lost cause.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

But it will be just meta shift with the same grevious outcome as always. They change numbers, instead of faulty mechanics and sheer bad design that does not fit PvP gamemode. I am still amazed that the idea of going invulnerable every bunch of seconds and being able to do damage at the same time got into the game. Is there any other game that has such a silly idea of a mechanic implemented except for WoW paladin's divine shield, which is a situational skill on a massive cooldown? I do realise that every game has it's balance issues, but this is the first game that I've noticed such a huge loss in numbers throughout years, compared to what it once was pre-HoT. I am inclined to believe that we would get GW3 sooner than relatively balanced PvP in GW2.

For the love of god, if there is a patch, for fucks sake A-net fucking fix renegade, It's been months, hell these problems were outlined in the beta. This is litterally the first time an spec is completely unusable. I mean really, really, really, really unusable. Like even more unusable then core rev.

I welcome new game modes like every other but please do something about fundamentals as well.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:For the love of god, if there is a patch, for kitten sake A-net kitten fix renegade, It's been months, hell these problems were outlined in the beta. This is litterally the first time an spec is completely unusable. I mean really, really, really, really unusable. Like even more unusable then core rev.

I welcome new game modes like every other but please do something about fundamentals as well.

I'm not sure we want renegade to be viable in PvP. We need less builds with AI, not more.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:For the love of god, if there is a patch, for kitten sake A-net kitten fix renegade, It's been months, hell these problems were outlined in the beta. This is litterally the first time an spec is completely unusable. I mean really, really, really, really unusable. Like even more unusable then core rev.

I'm not sure we want renegade to be viable in PvP. We need less builds with AI, not more.

there is inherently nothing wrong with AI. the problem is the implementation of it. Pre Hot times mesmer was an AI based class but it was hard to use. renegade needs a rework. I don't believe in sacrificing classes because A-net went full balistic on mesmer and druid.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Kalla isn't really an ai build, the summons are really just wells with the added downside that they can be destroyed or cc'd by enemies. Though a well spammer build isn't much better for fun gameplay considering the radius on the aoes are all larger than sand savant shades. Just an insultingly horribly designed spec in general.

That's a lost cause, buff core rev and herald instead

Archived