Introducing www.godsofpvp.net - Guides and Builds for PvP

Angeels.3269

Hi all,

I am here to introduce you to a project I have been working on for quite some time now. I previously shared this on reddit, and only just remembered that sharing on these forums would be a good idea.

The past weeks we've had some fantastic events in the PvP community. From my perspective I think a lot of people see just flashes of colour and players running around in circles - and that's fine. That's the point of this project. I hope those of you who are interested, give it a look and maybe learn something!

The main goal for the initial release was some 'newb' friendly guides and introductions to PvP, so it may not be for everyone - and that's fine. I hope it doesn't put you off. In the near future there will be more high level explanations. But for now, that has to wait.

So without further ado, here it is: https://godsofpvp.net")I'd recommend all players who are interested in conquest to read through the Basic Rotations guide first. I think I did quite well with it, but you guys can be the judge of that. Please leave feedback.

Additionally we have all the updated meta builds - accurate as of Sunday's mAT. So that's pretty hype, we've got some cool new builds with a new, more mobile Firebrand build coming in from Cookie. As well as a bit less (way less) exciting build in the form of Chronomancer, so knock yourselves out. The builds themselves are based around Tournament meta - the reality is, that playing a meta build and understanding the synergies that come alongside it is the best way to improve in this gamemode.

We also have a stream tab. I know having seen comments here in the past that many players don't find GW2 streams appealing, and that's fair. I would however say you've got some of the best people in the GW2 community streaming PvP and I don't know anyone else who streams who wouldn't mind answering questions you might have about PvP. It's also a fantastic learning resource.

cheers lads

Special thanks to the following:

GW2Armory for the tooltips <3mightyteapot cause I nicked some of his cssall the lads that helped me proof read

The website looks good in terms of aesthetics, but it has a few flaws. I do like the idea. The more stuff we have to work with, the better. However, It needs more information when it comes to each build if it ever wants to top rival websites. It also needs to offer different builds for each specialization. Ex: Not everyone wants to run Support as a Guardian.

It's a very good start but it does need more work. Especially the guides section is very good but more work is needed in the builds section. There should be an explanation on each build how it works, and how it synergizes. I know these are things you need to work on yourself but they should give a starting point of some kind. Like for example druid and spellbreaker, they are both sidenode duelists but they do things very differently. Where druid relies on rotating skills in a controlled manner, warrior is much more about kiting, and letting your HoT's do the sustain work.

You don't need to barf out everything in Metabattle but having the Radiant Hammer build for example in the guardian section would be great. The thief section is sorely missing D/P when the general consensus is that it's rather equal to S/D, both having their specific strengths. The necro section really needs to have Blood Scourge in there in some capacity. It's the more common variant these days, so I wonder why the Shadefire build is even in there...

Also I have to point out that there's a logical fallacy between tournament meta and noob-friendliness. Are tournament builds really the best place to start out as a new player? For example, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to soloQ on a Firebrand unless you are a cookie-level player.

It's a good start, but could be expanded. Metabattle basically covers the build part pretty well (usually a bit late, but it's probably as good as it gets). So you could focus more on other aspects, for example which matchups are favourable or not favourable for which build in 1v1 etc.

Only gratitude and many thanks to efforts like this, really appreciated. The rotation strategy guides will help a lot as well as the analysis of each classes pros and cons. Just a small notice, when I clicked on the video guides for necromancer I got into a YT channel of a guy that had posted dozens of PvE raids videos and couldn't locate PvP matches. :D

Love it Angels, also love the link to Jaw's youtube guides for pvp as well. This should help players better understand the pvp conquest game mode better. I'm looking forward to seeing more people improve now, and providing some great competition in matches.

Archived