Something needs to be done about rating decay.

bLind.6278

I understand the concept, but it's piss-poorly designed. Forcing me to have to carry 4 people potentially hundreds of points below me is not enjoyable, especially when my opponents are all still FAR, FAR, FAR superior players than them because of how Anet's trash MMR system works.

I had 30 rating decay but all four of my teammates were nearly 100 full rating below me. I wasn't able to PvP last week, so I was ~350 decay down. I'm 0-4 with ZERO CLOSE GAMES AT ALL in my games to remove my decay, because of this trash system. It is literally designed to do nothing but PUNISH inactivity with forced losses.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Matchmaking is not affected by decay. Only your badge is.What you said is because population is higher than ever with such an enjoyable meta as we have now.

So prime time matchmaking should routinely place you with players 150-250 points away from your own MMR? I'm pretty sure Ben has suggested direct contradictions to that.

@"Chilli.2976" said:Already made a thread regarding this on March 2nd 2018 ~ https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23391/decay-games-played-needs-a-look-at#latest

A thread full of awful ideas, though. The majority of current players would just stop playing because they don't want to dedicate 5-10 hours per week solely on sPvP, a TERRIBLY balanced game mode.

@bLind.6278 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Matchmaking is not affected by decay. Only your badge is.What you said is because population is higher than ever with such an enjoyable meta as we have now.

So prime time matchmaking should routinely place you with players 150-250 points away from your own MMR? I'm pretty sure Ben has suggested direct contradictions to that.

I was sarcastic on the second part. There’s a reason almost no one is legend tier anymore, people stop playing.

@bLind.6278 said:

@"Chilli.2976" said:Already made a thread regarding this on March 2nd 2018 ~

A thread full of awful ideas, though. The majority of current players would just stop playing because they don't want to dedicate 5-10 hours per week solely on sPvP, a TERRIBLY balanced game mode.

I love your signature :lol:

In the really old days.. When videogames was played in arcades & all. If you wanted the high score & be top dog you just had to make the most points & knock off the one on top. & then adding your swear word name at the end. Good old times. Yes i'm saying instead of looking at the win lose going up & down system that we are playing atm. Maybe we should change & go for an old formula. Where instead Your objective is to Try to score as an individual as much points during a match. By capping, decaping & killing players. You can still team play but other players wont affect your over all score. Meaning AFK'ers, Wintraders, cheaters won't affect your score since you are accumulating points for your self & not for the team. You can still team play but no more feeling that your carrying everybody. Your individual score will place you on the board from bottom to top score depending on the points you made during the match. It don't matter if you win or lose the match vs more trying to individually score as much points as possible. The only problem i see here is farming. But that can be also addressed with a few good ideas such as losing points from dying if you let yourself kill all the time. It's an idea..

@phokus.8934 said:Nothing needs to be done. It's working as it should and as designed and it's as good as it should be.

But it's not so good. Someone played 6 hours a day for a month, then takes 2 weeks off. He logs back, -700 rating, has 2 days to get it back. Tough luck, gets the lose chain, end up at 1450 instead of 1550. No time to get it back. How should this be fair ?

Probably anyone that played old games like Vieux P said, or even more recent ones ( 10-15 years ago) would say a decay system can be good, but is more likely punishing players than doing something fair.

Archived