WARNING[BUG ABUSE]So warrior is OK and not broken right? Please go and test it yourself.

Chilli.2976

Major Grandmaster - Rousing Resilience - Gain toughness and health when you break out of a stun.

So, you gain this trait once you breakout of a stun right? Go get into combat and have it traited and use balance stance - you will get this passive without breaking a stun.

There is no interal cooldown for this trait so you can pretty much cycle this - this is why warrior is currently the best side noder.

How to fix - obviously recode and reduce rousing to 5s from 8s and only proc from an actually stun break not a skill that gives you stun break.

I believe its only from balance stance atm, not too sure - balance team can check - I also hope this is fixed in the upcoming balance patch you have 6 days from this post.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Has been like this since HoT. At this point, it's no longer a bug. It's a feature.

It's a bug alright - read the trait.

When sarcasm doesn't get noticed, FeelsRevMan.

I knew you were trolling, but some people won't get it so I needed to confirm its a bug.

Well, even if balanced stance has a 40 sec CD, this should be fixed if it's a bug, obviously.

And btw, it also works even if an ally breaks stun for you, and imo it shouldnt, because it means that this trait rewards you for the job made by an ally. :)

@Theros.1390 said:Well, even if balanced stance has a 40 sec CD, this should be fixed if it's a bug, obviously.

And btw, it also works even if an ally breaks stun for you, and imo it shouldnt, because it means that this trait rewards you for the job made by an ally. :)

Well it just makes it even more broken. IMO it should be banned trait line or class in the upcoming tournament.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@Theros.1390 said:Well, even if balanced stance has a 40 sec CD, this should be fixed if it's a bug, obviously.

Well it just makes it even more broken. IMO it should be banned trait line or class in the upcoming tournament.

Well in Last NA UGO there was only one team with war that could put a fight...So I wouldn't be surprised if no top team would use spellbraker at all.

Its a bug but does it require this much attention? Last stand trait has what? A 90sec cd? So every 90secs for 8 secs they have 1000 toughness and a small heal? Its a issue but not game breaking. Regardless the 1000 toughness does NOTHING with all of the high damage present in spvp.

@Aza.2105 said:Its a bug but does it require this much attention? Last stand trait has what? A 90sec cd? So every 90secs for 8 secs they have 1000 toughness and a small heal? Its a issue but not game breaking. Regardless the 1000 toughness does NOTHING with all of the high damage present in spvp.

I believe it works with the non trained balance stance, this is where the issue is from what Frostball has been complaining about.

@Aza.2105 said:Its a bug but does it require this much attention? Last stand trait has what? A 90sec cd? So every 90secs for 8 secs they have 1000 toughness and a small heal? Its a issue but not game breaking. Regardless the 1000 toughness does NOTHING with all of the high damage present in spvp.

The thing my dude is - it procs without a stun break and from an ally also - and on top of that you constantly also getting the proc from normal stun breaks also - you're kinda look at a huge up time of 1000 toughness combine that with dom ammy your looking at a transformer not a tank.

@Chilli.2976 said:

The thing my dude is - it procs without a stun break and from an ally also - and on top of that you constantly also getting the proc from normal stun breaks also - you're kinda look at a huge up time of 1000 toughness combine that with dom ammy your looking at a transformer not a tank.

Just to clarify from what Aza said...you can't take both Last Stand and Rousing Resilience. This only procs from active Balanced Stance. EP/Featherfoot/Shake It Off! do not proc this trait unless they are used to break stun. In addition, using balanced stance without being stunned doesn't give you the heal component, just the toughness component.

I haven't actually tested what happens if an ally stun breaks you (toughness, heal, both?)...but I'm not sure I would consider that portion a bug. The trait reads you gain toughness/hp when you break out of a stun. The Balanced Stance portion is definitely a bug, but it doesn't clarify that it must be your own stunbreak skill to gain the benefit of the trait. Regardless, in the current meta the number of times you actually are in a situation where a teammate can stun break for you is so small.

The BS bug should definitely be fixed...but not really sure what the impact is. There aren't a ton of power matchups that can pressure warrior without using any kind of CC skill anyway. Maybe rev and some chrono setups.

The impact is much less than the additive spectrum shield bug on holo.

@apharma.3741 said:

I believe it works with the non trained balance stance, this is where the issue is from what Frostball has been complaining about.

ah interesting.

@Aza.2105 said:

ah interesting.

Yeah I mean I haven’t noticed it in WvW personally but I sort of trust the source if he’s willing to make multiple forum posts and go on twitch stating it is bugged.

@Kako.1930 said:There should be an internal cooldown on that trait in my opinion.

The bug to proc RR when using the NON passive BS should be fixed, the heal doesn't proc tho. Other than this the effect of RR DOES NOT stack, therefore no reason for internal cool down... And the break stuns are in 30 sec CD (25 best case scenario) or outrage for rage zerker in a lower CD... I do agree to fix the bug and I think is necessary but war is NOT the best side noder in the game being surpassed by almost all professions...There are worst offenders than this bug that needs more immediate action. But I agree it's not fair...A good core still better than a RR SB in any SN fight... SB shines only when pressured... But it gives away damage as well... War is the closer we get to a balanced class... Problem is that there are very good wars around...

@Kiritodatrth.1548 said:

@Kako.1930 said:There should be an internal cooldown on that trait in my opinion.

The bug to proc RR when using the NON passive BS should be fixed, the heal doesn't proc tho. Other than this the effect of RR DOES NOT stack, therefore no reason for internal cool down... And the break stuns are in 30 sec CD (25 best case scenario) or outrage for rage zerker in a lower CD... I do agree to fix the bug and I think is necessary but war is NOT the best side noder in the game being surpassed by almost all professions...There are worst offenders than this bug that needs more immediate action. But I agree it's not fair...A good core still better than a RR SB in any SN fight... SB shines only when pressured... But it gives away damage as well... War is the closer we get to a balanced class... Problem is that there are very good wars around...

I mean, if that's true then putting a 30 second internal cooldown on the trait shouldn't affect them any, aside from using balanced stance and endure pain in conjunction with last stand. Any other profession has much longer cooldowns on their passive traits that aren't even as strong. Also, if you're losing 1v1 to a thief, guardian, ranger, engi, revenant, or elementalist as a warrior then you're not a great warrior unless they're like a top player or something. Warriors aren't op but they're far from being the underdogs, and 1v1 is where they shine.

The problem isn't that there are good warriors. It's that there are way too many overperforming bad warriors relying heavily on broken mechanics that could easily be fixed.

@Kako.1930 said:

I mean, if that's true then putting a 30 second internal cooldown on the trait shouldn't affect them any, aside from using balanced stance and endure pain in conjunction with last stand. Any other profession has much longer cooldowns on their passive traits that aren't even as strong. Also, if you're losing 1v1 to a thief, guardian, ranger, engi, revenant, or elementalist as a warrior then you're not a great warrior unless they're like a top player or something. Warriors aren't op but they're far from being the underdogs, and 1v1 is where they shine.

The problem isn't that there are good warriors. It's that there are way too many overperforming bad warriors relying heavily on broken mechanics that could easily be fixed.

Tbh I'm a very bad war... Therefore no reason to discuss that, however I know how to fight against one.Yeap IC would prevent the trait to proc when you break stun more than once that resets the 8 sec RR and heals. Its not passive as trait cause you HAVE to break stun to get it (Bug apart).All Passives in war are already in 90 sec CD as other classes. The trait is not passive per se... You can use Featherfoot as resistance and it will not proc the trait. Only BS is doing that partially.If you are losing the fight as any of this professions to a war then you are just bad... I never lost a fight as a ranger, as guard to any war and I had the chance against top ppl.

Ranger (Druid or SB you should win easily) no way you can lose....As FB I can stand in the point without moving just healing and the war cannot kill me...as hammer I just have to avoid rampage and bust without RR also avoid to proc marks or proc it and get out...I'm a bad rev but any half brain Rev can kill me in war just avoiding to use phase transversal with energy enough to to break stun (same for sword 5)...S/D thief should never lose to war NEVER... Condi thief also cannot lose after the change in zerker stance.Eng are the ones that I enjoy more use the bug cause I can go full hulk (rampage) in the start and then proc the BUG to keep doing damage without caring for their CC... But they are broken as well (hollo).And Mesmer /mirage well... Don't need a statement...As a Necro scourge melts wars just remember to corrupt resistance and stop AA. And reaper is well reaper... Still can beat most wars tho...

My point is that for more that is not easy to play against war it's not a problem as spoken...

@Kiritodatrth.1548 said:Other point is that you cannot take last stand and RR together they are both GM of defense trait line.Therefore is one or the other... I

Oh ok, thank you for the correction. I think I was confusing the passive endure pain with the passive balanced stance trait in their position on the trait line lol.

Still, the issue isn't how hard it is to beat a warrior or use a warrior to beat something else. It's the way that a bug is being abused and excuses are being made for its abuse.

I'm well versed in the ways of playing against warriors. I'm currently top 50 on the leaderboard playing scrapper for crying out loud, lol. I don't need a lecture about how to fight them. XD

(And yes, I know the leaderboard is dumb and not an accurate indication of skill or whatever but still.)

Fix the balanced stance bug, then leave it alone. There's no need to almost halve the RR uptime on top of that.

@Kako.1930 said:

A bit of a stretch there. elementalists sure, but guardians can spec to counter warriors with blinds, and rangers/holos are currently very strong duelists as well. Wars prob have a leg up on power revs and eles in most cases.Also 30 second ICDs on RR would nerf berserker even more. Again, focus on the top, then nerf downward.

Archived