How's support/heal Revenant these days?

Nyel.1843

I am thinking about starting a new class (recently returned to GW2) and I usually play healers and supporters. I want to play a Ventari + / or Glint Revenant with a Staff.

Is that a combination that's useful nowadays? My other choice is a Scourge for support / healing (I already have a Necro at 80).

What would be the better option for me?

In PvE, same as always... Ventari has the strongest and most consistent heals in the game, but that's still something that good groups don't want/need.

Nobody really wants a healing/support scourge either--with the exception of kiting on Dhuum. Just going full Vipers scourge offers all the support you're really looking for from the class, and if your group really needs it, you can just swap a trait and a few utilities for a ton more cleansing/barrier output.

In WvW, both are probably fine for zerging/guild v guild where tons of healing is actually needed.

I don't think Glint offers enough utility and support, compared to Kalla, as ironic as it may sound. Glint offers a few boons and little else; on the other hand, Kalla offers Alacrity, condition damage mitigation, a 6-second AOE that applies 6 pulses of Daze, and party-wide life siphon and damage boost with Bleed applications.

Staff healing in PVE is mediocre, at best. The shards are scattered randomly and do not necessarily heal the intended target, while Renewing Wave uses nearly as much energy as Natural Harmony but has a longer cooldown and doesn't grant Alacrity. You're honestly better off with Mace/x for Might stacking.

unless you're doing end game content with a premade team ventari herald is the best choice for healing output but it has a bit of a learning curve due to managing energy and ventari's tablet mechanics.

druid is more widely accepted due to having class unique dmg buffs (that have been nerfed) and being a more straight forward healer that's easy to pick up though it lags behind a bit in heal output.

though imo the best healer for output/ease of use is elementalist which has low cooldowns high output and low mechanic management(in terms of healing).

scourge really doesn't benefit from going full support it's by no means bad it has very stong base stats but tends to scale badly with support gear.

PvE-wise, not much has changes:

• More or less the best PvE healer if it is about consistency of output. Unlike a Druid, people don't constantly run from your heals, they have an easy visual aid where the healing is being dispensed. Unlike a Tempest, you don't need to be nearby. Unlike a Firebrand, you're actually a healer in PvE.
  • Renegade isn't a bad addition actually. If your team doesn't need you to provide boons or boon duration, the Renegade heal is remarkably strong against consistent damage, and lasts the entire time you're not in Ventari. Plus you can provide decent off-CC for breakbars, and the Elite is an incredible heal with it's lack of ICD.

PvP-wise, don't know enough to judge it. In WvW Renegade is of course entirely useless, but Ventari performs solid, healing the whole zerg at once by sliding the tablet through them. Still, don't hold a candle to Tempests.

Can somebody post what they are running, trait wise, for the Ventari Herald. I’ve been trying different things...and just can’t figure out whether going hard on the regen traits is more beneficial, or the +20% healing effectiveness on legend swapI’d love to get some feedback on this. I’m running ascended minstrel.

Depends on what game mode you are playing.

If you like giant green numbers, you will probably enjoy it.If you like micromanagement, you will probably enjoy it.If you like a bit of a challenge, you will probably enjoy it.

If you can tolerate the fact that a lot of your heals won't actually land, you will probably enjoy it.If you can tolerate the fact that you will be outclassed and a bit off-meta, you will probably enjoy it.

@Nivik.2961 said:Can somebody post what they are running, trait wise, for the Ventari Herald. I’ve been trying different things...and just can’t figure out whether going hard on the regen traits is more beneficial, or the +20% healing effectiveness on legend swapI’d love to get some feedback on this. I’m running ascended minstrel.

The thing about Salvation is there's a ton of really strong traits... You can't really go wrong and some are better for different encounters than others. As a loose rule tho, if you're playing with Puggarooni's, maybe avoid the traits that rely on them picking up your shards and focus more on the ones that you have control over or are just straight modifiers.

You know, I've been trying Ventari in PvE... And it's hard. Lots of running after people, and no personal healing. Great combo.

Been feeling much more reliable going staff Jalis/Glint. Good self-healing with a strong CC, doing just over 1000 passive healing through Invoking Harmony (which I make near constant use of), and the high boon duration can synergise pretty well with other support classes.

It's a more passive form of support, though I find that to be more efficient where you can't expect much consistency from other players.

Archived